Author Topic: AI ditch = no kill?  (Read 335 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
AI ditch = no kill?
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:22:35 PM »

Hello all,

I experienced something interesting last night when I shot down some bombers that were flying NOE over the water deep in our territory.

After killing one AI bomber and damaging the other two, I finally took half a wing off the lead/player bomber.  But, he was low and slow enough that instead of exploding on impact with the water, he crash-landed (ditched) with only the fuselage remaining.  He didn’t bail or exit his AC right away, so the damaged AI bomber tried to stay in formation, dragged a wing, and also ditched near him.

Rather than expend remaining fuel and ammo to strafe two downed bombers (one a wingless cigar-tube on the water) I decided to head back toward base, figuring I’d get the two additional kills once the player decided to exit.  When he did exit, I got only a single kill credit rather than two.

I’m not griping about a single kill credit, mind you -- I’m actually curious how the system is supposed to work WRT ditches of an AI.

Does the system not credit an AI as a kill if it is ditched, even though it was damaged and in enemy territory (as a player ditch does)? 

If I had remained close enough for a proxy, would the AI kill have counted?

<S>
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
Re: AI ditch = no kill?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
Hello all,
If I had remained close enough for a proxy, would the AI kill have counted?

Yup.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:07:38 PM »

Yup.

OK.  Was surprised that was true even if you had damaged the AI bomber.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 10:12:36 PM »
AI bombers? didn't know we had those.

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:55:51 AM »
AI bombers? didn't know we had those.

Drones.

OP : It's possible his drone could have stopped in the water, and when he exited his craft, he bailed
and jumped into the cockpit of the next and ditched both of them.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok