Author Topic: score  (Read 1000 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
score
« on: November 21, 2011, 12:07:43 AM »
Does score factor in ENY? If not, why?

It seems to me that it should. Score should be calculated at the end of each flight as it is now, then multiplied by ENY of the vehicle you had chose for the sortie.

Just a thought, see you dweebs next month  :cheers:

JUGgler
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:09:20 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: score
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 12:14:32 AM »
How would you want score to affect ENY, and hence perk gathering?  Better scores increase perks earned or decrease perks earned?  Either seems like a bad idea to me.  In the first case you give more perks to players that are better, in a general sense, than others and in the latter case it is easy to game it to have a bad score.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 12:18:31 AM »
How would you want score to affect ENY, and hence perk gathering?  Better scores increase perks earned or decrease perks earned?  Either seems like a bad idea to me.  In the first case you give more perks to players that are better, in a general sense, than others and in the latter case it is easy to game it to have a bad score.

Umm, I think my point was eny should be factored into score. I said nothing about score affecting eny

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 12:20:35 AM »
I'm not a dweeb.
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 12:21:21 AM »
Remove the skirt Jug and get back ingame!  :airplane:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »
Remove the skirt Jug and get back ingame!  :airplane:

It's a kilt

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 12:40:21 AM »
I thought it was via the perk multiplier or some such thing......I really have no idea how score works though could be totally wrong

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 01:53:28 AM »
Really guys, come one. Score doesn't mean squat. I was having a conversation with a squaddie the other day about not being able to make scenarios, FSO etc. etc. due to the fact that I'm now a free agent and have a bit of a life. He laughed it off and said that its incredible what being married can do for your score, when he was married he made it to #2 in fighters and now he's lucky to get #1000. So we should get rid of wives because they are an unfair advantage.  :bolt:

:cheers:
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 02:00:32 AM »
Does score factor in ENY?

No

If not, why?

Because HT did not want to. ;)
It has been proposed by different players various times and I vaguely remember HT himself saying "no" when it was my turn to do so (by including perk & eny modifiers).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »
No

Because HT did not want to. ;)
It has been proposed by different players various times and I vaguely remember HT himself saying "no" when it was my turn to do so (by including perk & eny modifiers).

Hmm, too bad. It might encourage folks to fly a wider variety of rides. I realize it would do nothing about "score manipulation" but it would be marginally more difficult to vulch with a wildcat or C202 than a chog or tamponst while in "fighter mode'.  :aok

I think it would be a simple multiplier to add to the current system, all the tools exist already  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 10:00:26 AM »

Hmm, too bad. It might encourage folks to fly a wider variety of rides. I realize it would do nothing about "score manipulation"

"Increasing variety" was also my own hope for this, but of course we then would have a lot of very heated arguments on the BBS about how valid the ENY values for certain fighters are. I think there would be a distinct migration towards a handful ENY 15-25 rides.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2011, 10:33:52 AM »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »
"Increasing variety" was also my own hope for this, but of course we then would have a lot of very heated arguments on the BBS about how valid the ENY values for certain fighters are. I think there would be a distinct migration towards a handful ENY 15-25 rides.

I was thinking why not increase the ENY value to 50 instead of 40, my general thinking would be if someone ups a C202 at 50 eny and manages to nail a spit16 he would be rewarded quite nicely, and thus the spit16 shooting down the c202 would gather absolutely no perks.

I believe it would give a little more breathing room for certain ENY aircrafts, and I don't think anyone would suffer - if you ride in an La7 all day you don't deserve perks anyhow, it would take learning a P40 or such.

Pretty sure my idea is going to get flamed  :salute
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2011, 10:51:48 AM »
I was thinking why not increase the ENY value to 50 instead of 40, my general thinking would be if someone ups a C202 at 50 eny and manages to nail a spit16 he would be rewarded quite nicely, and thus the spit16 shooting down the c202 would gather absolutely no perks

We already had that - ENY had a bigger range (60?) until about 5 years ago. But as far as I can remember (would have to look up the numbers later) this had not a big effect on the popularity of very high eny planes. For all but the most gifted of pilots, a middle-ground ENY plane will always be the best choice for perk farming, balancing potential reward (high perk gain) with actual plane capability (=chance to actually kill a lot of enemies in it).

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2011, 03:49:21 PM »

Well some adjustments are needed anyhow, HT could do themselves a favor and poll everyone who has played more than 5 years and get "accurate" ENY speculations for how the planes are actually used in AH. I'm quite sure veterans of this game would be objective and honest for the most part!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets