Author Topic: Your Phone Is Spying On You  (Read 1130 times)

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Your Phone Is Spying On You
« on: November 30, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
Read this on Yahoo... This may go just a tad far with invading privacy. Just a tad you know...

http://news.yahoo.com/smartphone-spying-204933867.html

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: Your Phone Is Spying On You
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 11:57:54 PM »
...and people call me crazy when I say that Facebook and Cell Phones do what the Stasi wishes they were able to do...  glad I've never owned either.

(Idiot to the media:  I didn't get a job because my employer looked at my facebook and found out I smoke crack!  Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa)
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 12:08:02 AM »
I have Facebook and a smart phone.. I never post anything on Facebook that I don't want the whole world to know (Which means I rarely ever post on FB).

My smart phone though is my life. If I'm not at work I'm on it, I do everything with it so it's rather creepy to know they can see just about everything i do on it.

I wouldn't be suprised if somebody gets sued for this. Something that invades your privacy as much as this isn't legal..

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 03:11:44 AM »
Depends on the itty bitty words in your contract. Also, thankfully I haven't owned a phone in 6 months, lol.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 03:57:02 AM »
hmm I have several non-carrier branded android dev phones, I'll check them out see if this is 'bundled' software that is installed by the carrier instead of the OEM.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 05:19:00 AM »
If anyone thinks that they can live a completely "private" life in this age of technology, they are sadly mistaken.

The average New-Yorker shows up on camera ~ 75 times/day.

The average Londoner?   Almost twice as many times.

These are just two examples...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 07:22:57 AM »
I more worried about Google Earth scoping out my garden.  :noid
Lighten up Francis

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:01 AM »
I more worried about Google Earth scoping out my garden.  :noid

Google Earth, hell...

Beware my harvesting droids  :t

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 08:54:35 AM »
From what I hear most of the folks on facebook are clueless..... not all but most.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 01:38:03 AM »
I just took a pic of this thread with my cell phone !!!!!!
Lighten up Francis

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 06:18:08 AM »
A friend of mine who loves tinfoilhattery and obsesses over everything green, PETAtastic, and rebelious, posted this on FaceBook a few days ago...irony at its finest. In any case, my reply was that I tend to live my life more like this. In summary, this guy was told by the FBI that he'd be monitored for a while, and instead he now broadcasts almost his entire life on his website with updates ranging from simple coordinates and statuses to picture and video feeds from his camera.

You cannot hide yourselves these days. I'm growing up in this world...may as well get used to it.
Google my username, you'll see everything I've ever done on the internet, minus three sites. One of which should be easily linked to this username if enough digging was done. If it does something to damage something in my future, then that isn't a future I want to hassle with anyway.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 06:44:31 AM »
i'm 16, what adult cares what I text about, plus I only text like 3-4 people every now and then  :lol I use my phone for video streaming mainly  :aok
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 07:08:49 AM »
A friend of mine who loves tinfoilhattery and obsesses over everything green, PETAtastic, and rebelious, posted this on FaceBook a few days ago...irony at its finest. In any case, my reply was that I tend to live my life more like this. In summary, this guy was told by the FBI that he'd be monitored for a while, and instead he now broadcasts almost his entire life on his website with updates ranging from simple coordinates and statuses to picture and video feeds from his camera.

You cannot hide yourselves these days. I'm growing up in this world...may as well get used to it.
Google my username, you'll see everything I've ever done on the internet, minus three sites. One of which should be easily linked to this username if enough digging was done. If it does something to damage something in my future, then that isn't a future I want to hassle with anyway.

I've seen him before.  Every time I see another article about him, I  :rofl

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 07:50:45 AM »
hmm I have several non-carrier branded android dev phones, I'll check them out see if this is 'bundled' software that is installed by the carrier instead of the OEM.

i believe i read an article that stated that certain android phones have it too.

the only way to be even remotely private on a cell phone, is to buy one off the shelf at target, pay cash for it, and reload the minutes as you go. also, never give that number to anyone, and be sure to block it when you make a call.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2011, 08:40:13 AM »
Burner phones from gas stations and big warehouse stores are the way to go if you want to stay off the grid. Sometimes you just gotta stay one step ahead of the bad guys so you don't get burned.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"