Author Topic: Need help with the Karelia mission  (Read 2920 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Re: Need help with the Karelia mission
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 07:08:16 AM »
I have some good news...

...your mission is done.

I also have some really bad news.  The IL-2 is missing from the plane list in the current Mission Editor version.(!)  I will post it in the bugs forum, but it won't get fixed until the next AH game version release at the earliest.  We do have an option.  Some guys here still use previous versions of the M.E. (bbosen comes to mind).  If he will do it, I can send him the mission file(s) and he can rebuild it in the earlier M.E. version, where the IL-2 is still included.  I have the Russians flying I-16s at the moment (had to choose a plane) so that part would also need changed when the mission is rebuilt.  The whole process would take less than a minute if we find someone willing to do it.

I can send you the mission as-is if you want to get a feel for it.  I can change the I-16s to anything you want, minus the IL-2.  I'm sorry.  It was a little frustrating discovering this bug after I finished making the mission.  We'll still get you all set up though.  Promise. :salute

Quick question Kan, do you want any warp segments or do you want to physically fly the entire mission?

Hey Ranger: If you'll send me the current source code and terrain file, I'll give it a try with my favorite old version 2124 and its mission editor. If that works, I would be willing to publish the results on my website as a "joint venture". Just let me know.
 :salute

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »
Bbosen, please try it and thank you! Terrain and fields' setup files are here:

http://www.kanttorinkone.com/tiedostot/karelia_mission.7z
Or
http://www.kanttorinkone.com/tiedostot/karelia_mission.rar
Lentorykmentti 3 - Finnish Aces High Virtual Flight Regiment

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 09:31:57 AM »
USRanger, I am going to host Custom arena on next weekend (Saturday?) to do this one just in case. I mean if needed! Can you then build the "normal" mission with these instructions? I find Finnish players to fly couple of Bf 109's, can you recruit 8-12 your friends to fly IL2's?

When talking 'bout the Offline Mission, I don't want any warping. Distanges in this terrain are so short that players can fly them. Actually I have very much information from REAL historical aerial battles to that map, so are you interested to make couple of more Karelia-missions after this one? I am going to host Custom arena with these missions every now and then and you are free to share these missions with your friends!

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »
Bbosen, please try it and thank you! Terrain and fields' setup files are here:

http://www.kanttorinkone.com/tiedostot/karelia_mission.7z
Or
http://www.kanttorinkone.com/tiedostot/karelia_mission.rar

OK Kanttori. I'm downloading both files now. Incidentally, I noticed that both files are the same size. Is that just coincidence? Do they both contain the same thing?

I am assuming I will still need the mission from US Ranger??? (Haven't got the files downloaded yet).

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 12:07:18 PM »
Those RAR and 7Z (ZIP) contains the same files. I think they pack them different ways and that's the reason to different sizes. Download that one which you can extract, please!

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 12:50:16 PM »
OK. I downloaded and unzipped the karelia terrain files. It looks VERY nice with V2.26.3. I especially liked the cities and spent some time (in my P38, of course) flying low down the streets. I tried (just once) to go under a VERY LOW bridge, but I ended up applying P38 paint to the underside of the bridge and feeding the fish a diet of aluminum and rare manflesh LOL.

HOWEVER, that terrain won't load with good-old AH V 2.12.4, so I cannot compile USRanger's mission with that version. Let me see if I have the mission editor from something that's not quite so old.... maybe something from 6 months ago will be compatible.

.....searching my dusty old disk archives.....

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 12:58:01 PM »
Yes! I found I have version 2.23.3 with its Mission Editor, and I confirmed that that version of the editor will load and properly interpret your map. So.... if it can understand USRanger's mission, I will use it to edit in the changes (changed plane set, I'm assuming). Once the edits are done with V2.23.3, I will probably be able to use new version 2.26.3 to compile the results and you should be in business.

Don't expect much "intelligence" from the "bot" planes, though.... in my experience, these newer versions of Aces High don't allow the bot planes to fly at the designated altitudes or speeds; everything will probably be a lot lower and a lot slower than Ranger intends.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the mission source code....

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 04:13:50 PM »
Tonight I'll open the mission back up and see how much fixing needs done first.  When I opened it up the other night my waypoints were all jacked up.

Kan, I look forward to helping you in the custom arena.  I'll get some guys together.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 04:42:52 PM »
Ranger:

Be careful. That new Mission Editor WILL garble your source code. I think that only happens when you use the "Make Resouce File"option, but I cannot guarantee it won't happen at other times too. Make frequent backup copies of your source code. See my description of this in the last posting of this thread:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,295719.15.html

Regards,

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 10:10:03 PM »
When is your exact date on releasing the offline mission? I can't wait to try it out.

Regards,
Kenneth Jr. :salute
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 05:28:23 AM »
Video producer needs the Fraps-films before XMas, so we must fly the mission with players on next Saturday for ex. 16.00 PM. Is it good time to you USRanger? 

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 06:52:09 AM »
Ahem. What about the offline version?

Regards,
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 06:57:06 AM »
Ahem. What about the offline version?

Regards,

The newest Mission Editor or game has a bug and missions don't work in offline. We don't know when HTC repairs that bug, so we must wait...

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 03:40:45 PM »
Video producer needs the Fraps-films before XMas, so we must fly the mission with players on next Saturday for ex. 16.00 PM. Is it good time to you USRanger? 

Sounds good.  Will bring some friends. :aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline kanttori

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 32
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2011, 03:01:34 PM »
Karelia Custom Arena is ready on saturday 17th December 5 (17.00) PM US Eastern. I am creating there a "normal" IL2-mission where I need you and your friends to fly.

Remember that I must shoot down three IL2's so don't shoot me down with your tail gunners. You can shoot, but shoot over me, please! :)

My Finnish friends has an official HTC's Karelia, so you must use that map, too. If somebody don't have it I can put here a link!