Author Topic: Interesting 190 skin  (Read 5614 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Interesting 190 skin
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2011, 03:34:34 PM »

Also, I'm getting a little annoyed at the sudden need just to go looking for any skin just because it's painted black. What is the damned fascination with bland boring skins? Most folks just paint-bucket fill the thing black and call it a skin. They think it's easy to do a black skin. What about the white ones? Hrm? Or the all blue ones? Hrm? there are tons of other colors... Even PINK on some planes. Why the OCD fascination with black?

Fact we have very few all black aircraft in game versus?

You already have vented on PR blue skins with the Mosquito XVI.

We already have one all Pink skin.

We have white ones too.

The 190 that I listed is only half black. :headscratch: Starting to sound like a biggot now.

Only OCD issue here is your compulsive negative attitude towards them? ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 03:59:00 PM by lyric1 »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »
Yours to do then. :aok

so I take it we don't have the model this skin is on....which model do you think it should go on?????

I am guessing A-5

also what do ya think the top of the wings looked like?  in the second picture down it looks grey/bare metal...also the top of fuselage looks like its just paint worn off and not grey??

I have paused all skinning until the new version is out....this I am moving right up to the top of the list.....for when I get back into it. :D

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 01:30:23 AM »

As to that 262, it would depend if the skinner had better references at the time or just took a profile. I don't know as I haven't looked into it myself. If it's just a war wreck it doesn't belong. Not unless there's some indication, some logical supporting history or evidence that suggests it was like that before its wrecked state. Meaning it actually flew and fought like that.

Offline Peyton

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 07:17:29 AM »
[Also, I'm getting a little annoyed at the sudden need just to go looking for any skin just because it's painted black. What is the damned fascination with bland boring skins? Most folks just paint-bucket fill the thing black and call it a skin. They think it's easy to do a black skin. What about the white ones? Hrm? Or the all blue ones? Hrm? there are tons of other colors... Even PINK on some planes. Why the OCD fascination with black?

BLACK IS BACK.......let's vote!!!!!!!

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
Also, I'm getting a little annoyed at the sudden need just to go looking for any skin just because it's painted black. What is the damned fascination with bland boring skins? Most folks just paint-bucket fill the thing black and call it a skin. They think it's easy to do a black skin. What about the white ones? Hrm? Or the all blue ones? Hrm? there are tons of other colors... Even PINK on some planes. Why the OCD fascination with black?

Simply because black is intimidating and looks bad-ass. For instance my soccer team played another school a few weeks back, when we saw their uniforms we started getting nervous. This was only because their black uniforms were very intimidating it gives them a sense of seeming bigger and stronger. In actuality this particular team was horrible. We upset them 5-0.