Author Topic: Zoom 'in', 'out' does not work  (Read 1032 times)

Offline mookdog

• Zinc Member
Zoom 'in', 'out' does not work
« on: December 14, 2011, 01:02:11 PM »
 For just the last few days,the 'zoom in' and 'zoom out' functions have not been working.I've flown a Saitec X-52 for close to 2 yrs.I have mapped both my keys and controller with 'zoom toggle','zoom in &out'.In the cockpit,a gun and the bomb-sight,only the 'toggle' works,and that gives a short fixed zoom.For a fighter,that doesn't hurt,but in a bomber I can't see to hit anything above 12,000ft.In an attack craft,it's almost impossible to line up multiple targets with out the 'zoom'.'Zoom in & out' still work in exterior view or F3.
 Hope I can resolve this. :salute
Stay Alert,Remain Skeptical,and keep your Common Sense handy.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: Zoom 'in', 'out' does not work
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »
Pull up your clipboard when you're pressing them. Does the map zoom in and out? Maybe you have the wrong thing mapped? There's map zoom and then visual zoom. Look for zoom FOV (Field of View) or something. I can't recall the exact wording.

Also make sure you have no axis mapped as a slider for zoom FOV. That will negate the individual buttons you've mapped.

Offline mookdog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:33:12 AM »
 I have map-zoom tagged to 'insert,delete'.That's not the problem.Re-read my post.I have been in AH for close to 3yrs.I know the difference between 'map zoom' and 'view zoom'.I have no sliders mapped to 'view zoom'. This problem has only come up in the last few days.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
Are you using the Saitek software?  I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say you have the 'insert' and 'delete' keys tagged.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline mookdog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 11:31:37 AM »
 I meant to say 'I have 'map zoom' mapped not tagged to the 'insert & delete keys'.My 'view zoom' is what is not working.This Saitec does not require drivers or software.When I goto 'map controllers' and use the 'view zoom' that I have mapped,it jumps to and highlights the button and the assignment: View zoom in or View zoom out. When I man a field gun,a tank machine gun,a bomber gun,in the cock pit,or the bomb sight,I get a short,fixed zoom.In exterior view or
F3 I still get 'view zoom in & out'.
 I have used this controller for 2yrs and have had no problems.The problem is too specific in the game to be my controller."Zoom in F3,NO Zoom in bomb sight".
p.s. I used to be a pretty good bomber until now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 12:25:02 PM »
I am still confused.

The 'insert' and 'delete' keys use the Global->Map Zoom In and Global->Map Zoom Out commands.  These are very specific to the clipboard map only

The other zoom commands for everything else are as follows:

View->Zoom Default
View->Zoom In
View->Zoom Out
View->Zoom Toggle

You have not mentioned the "Zoom Toggle" command, which is used to enable and disable Zoom mode.  Zoom mode has to be enabled before he View->Zoom In or View->Zoom Out commands will work.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline mookdog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »
 When I use the 'zoom toggle'(which I have had mapped since I've owned the controller),I get a short fixed zoom.I checked today and when I'm in the Wirble gun,'zoom in & zoom out' work.Funny.Bomb sight still doesn't 'zoom in or zoom out'.

Offline Spoiler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »
I lost my hard drive and am in the process of setting my X52 pro up again. I am having the same problem. Mine works in the Wirble too but not in any guns, etc...

Is this possibly something in the last update gone wrong?

Note that the standard command for Zoom In and Zoom Out [ and ] are not working either.

And Yes, I know about Z for Toggle Zoom.

HELP!!!!
Spoiler - AKA Gramps

Offline mookdog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »
 Mine is the same,but I found out that I get 'View-zoom in & out' in a tank machine gun & the commanders position.I have re-installed,still the same.I have been learning to work around this.Oh well...

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 12:30:14 PM »
You may have your zoom set to "All the way out" at which point, zoom doesn't do anything.

Try experimenting with your Bracket keys:  [ and ]

These control the amount of zoom experienced when toggling your zoom key.  Quite often, this is what is broken.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Spoiler

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »
I think we all understand how it works as we've been using it for years. The bracket keys are what no longer work in "many" cases. The easiest to see is the field ack gun.

Skuzzy?  Please help???

Thanks to everyone who is trying to help too!  I wonder if it is just the latest release or maybe something to do with Windows 7, 64 bit?

Spoiler - AKA Gramps

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »
I think we all understand how it works as we've been using it for years. The bracket keys are what no longer work in "many" cases. The easiest to see is the field ack gun.

This may not be a technical problem on your part.

Field guns in the form of 17lb AT guns, just like many tank gunner positions, do not have that kind of zoom any more. Often there is just one level of fixed maginifaction, or in some cases two (switching between those by hitting Z)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 06:59:59 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 07:14:58 PM »
this is an old bug that keeps poping up every now and then on a couple of systems.  try to map the zoom in out keys to  [ ]  that's how i fixed mine.  problem went away on its own after a couple of updates.  I know it doesnt sound logical but that's how it went for me.  last i heard anybody complaining about it was about 1 or 2 years ago.  there's an old thread with some recommendations on how to fix it that worked for some people.  i believe it has to do with clearing the registry entries for the x52 plus some other ideas.  that helped some people.  that thread is in this forum.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 11Kenzy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 05:39:47 AM »
Just map the View - Zoom In and View - Zoom Out to the [ and ] brackets, it's the simplest way to fix this problem. Besides, I have never run into that.
Kenzy Shooter is coming to get you with my P-51D!!! :salute

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
You can also hit the "H" key if your mouse stops working

:devil
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"