Author Topic: Zoom 'in', 'out' does not work  (Read 1029 times)

Offline mookdog

• Zinc Member
Re: Zoom 'in', 'out' does not work
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 10:50:52 AM »
I have mapped 'View->zoom in & zoom out' to the bracket [ ] keys.I have also made sure to map 'View->zoom toggle'.No joy.
Stay Alert,Remain Skeptical,and keep your Common Sense handy.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 11:02:54 AM »
It makes no sense that it works in one place and not another.  The command is not sensitive to location, but there are places where it does not work at all, but used to work a while back.

If it does not work at all, then I suspect the keys themselves have been remapped and you need to use the "Fix Key" button in Options->Controls->Map Keys to correct for it.  I have seen this happening lately with certain other software products remapping/capturing keys.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
Your problem I noticed is the same problem I noticed. I use the dial by the slider to zoom. Will not work with bombing. I either reset ket to [] when bombing or I use the the way it is by; hit z move adjustment a little(zoom) hit z and repeat cycle until amount of zoom is desired. Resetting to [] the easiest to use.

The zoom works with everything I have found  except  the bombsight.  

Maybe it can be fixed so the function would work with the bombsite.

:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline mookdog

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2011, 01:16:41 PM »
 If you remember I have a Saitec X52 controller.Today I read in an old post to delete mappings for stick and re-map.Instead,I first tried clicking on 'Default map' and re-mapped everything.That has seemed to work so far.
Stay Alert,Remain Skeptical,and keep your Common Sense handy.

Offline cattb

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2011, 01:26:45 PM »
I also have a saitek x52, but I have not tried to fix it. I just use a work around, if climbing out in a bomber I just change my stick preferences and be done.

The problem I mentioned about not being able to zoom using bombsite was here 2007  and is still here the last time I used the bombsite.

:Salute Easy8 EEK GUS Betty

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 05:41:37 PM »
...since this discussion has moved to keymapping configurations and work arounds, I have a question that butts with this one.  How many control modes are there?  Currently I have 3 mapped.  1 for Planes, GV's, and Godseye view.  I use all of them at one point or another an nearly a daily basis, so I don't want to get rid of my mappings...  but I do want to setup a fourth control mode to separate fighter and bomber keymappings.  Is this possible, or is there only the 3?  It's been so long since I've set anything up, I don't want to mess with what I already have, and if a workaround is needed, this might be a quick way for people to get around the problem.

1 control mode/key mapping for fighters
1 control mode/key mapping for buffs (with your zoom set to brackets).

It's just a thought, but it'd also be sweet if I can make new ones.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »
...since this discussion has moved to keymapping configurations and work arounds, I have a question that butts with this one.  How many control modes are there? 

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 08:07:14 PM »
 I have the same problem with my X52 zoom toggle quit working on button 30. I have an old stick and it wont work on that stick either! Button 31 weapon select same result.After reading this post tried Default map only differnce was i was able to map zoom toggle and weapon select to new keys.Buttons 30,31 are still non op.
This is a new computer with a new download, i have even changed the settings on zoom toggle in map keys :joystick:
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 01:11:50 PM »
 :bhead Still not working deleted game and reinstalled.!Buttons 30 and 31 are still in-op Zoom toggle and weapons select will remap to different key any suggestions?
AkCaine

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »
are those buttons working?  Maybe they are the culprit.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »
I have an old stick that worked same result, have spare cable same result .Checked it on Saitek site and all controls and buttons are good
 :joystick:
AkCaine

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
Ya'll do know they changed how the zoom works a while back right? You can no longer zoom in a ton like you use to in a tank. They now have set ranges, some are not very much at all. I just wanted to point this out just in case you missed the info at the time of the update. If your trying to get the zoom back it will never work.

If not, please disregard this post  :D

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 10:08:47 AM »
 :banana:
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »
It was a microsoft download causing the problem! Going to third restore point cured it in windows 7 :banana:
AkCaine