Author Topic: wtf little ponies?  (Read 2365 times)

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
Re: wtf little ponies?
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
a T.V show has all this hype going... or is it oa facebook type game... either way, it looks as if it sadly dumbing down what little bit of society follows it.

as for this:
I never met Saddam Hussein or Hitler, and I know they were evil.
I must agree.

I have a feeling its some young teenagers in 8th grade that get handed candy when they answer A2 + B2 = C2

:noid
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2012, 02:47:16 PM »
thats it im making a time machine and am growing up in the 60's screw this.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2012, 02:47:52 PM »
Could you drop me off at the 50's please?
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
Could you drop me off at the 50's please?
why? no little ponies or TV taht had more than 5 channels back then.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2012, 03:11:54 PM »

Drop me off in the late 30's, I've still got time to go into pilot training and fly fighters in WW2!
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »
Drop me off in the late 30's, I've still got time to go into pilot training and fly fighters in WW2!
drop me of before time itself...

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »
Ya know, truth be told the show isent that bad. Its just the fact that it has ponies in it, and when everyone thinks "my little pony" they think of the fruity girly ponies from the 80s.

The show's got a few adult orientated episodes. Poniefied versions of "The Dude" and his crew have shown up in the show. with nods also to pulp fiction, and the big lebrowski.

Plus the show does a nice job of tackling everyday life. they even handled the touchy subject of racial discrimination rather nicely.

Set your fear of loosing your maturity image aside, And give the show a try. much better than the regular slop on tv. I'd rather watch MLP then jersey shore, the kardashians, or skins.

Offline flight17

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2012, 07:04:43 PM »
why? no little ponies or TV taht had more than 5 channels back then.
duh... that was when you could buy a flying P51 or twin mustang or B25 or B17 or anything else you wanted that was prop driven from WWII for a grand total of the value of the scrap metal. I would have bought everything i could have gotten my hands on...
119th Riffle Tank Regiment leader -Red Storm Krupp Steel Scenario

Active Member of Air Heritage Inc. http://airheritage.org/

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2012, 07:23:17 PM »

l

:devil

Offline Void

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2012, 07:25:14 PM »
My profile pic has been the same for about 2 months now.
In Game name: Namco

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 07:44:34 PM »
Fortunately, it's not the entire generation. though it is full of those feeling they deserve entitement and a lot of the "Hey, look at me and accept me!" people.

There's nothing wrong with yearning to be accepted into society as long as you're not doing something really twisted (i.e., killing, raping, pillaging).  "Look at me" is more of a judgement call- preaching about abstinence in front of a strip club will probably get you boos and catcalls, while doing the same thing in front of a school might get you applause (depending on the community).  Entitlement is all the more so; it's right to feel entitled to safe streets, but whining that you got cut off in a big traffic jam is a bit much.

-Penguin

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 07:57:51 PM »
There's nothing wrong with yearning to be accepted into society as long as you're not doing something really twisted (i.e., killing, raping, pillaging).  "Look at me" is more of a judgement call- preaching about abstinence in front of a strip club will probably get you boos and catcalls, while doing the same thing in front of a school might get you applause (depending on the community).  Entitlement is all the more so; it's right to feel entitled to safe streets, but whining that you got cut off in a big traffic jam is a bit much.

-Penguin

You're looking at the simpler side of it, but it's an experience thing.  You're entitled to safe streets - that should be a nice part of any civilized society.  However, you're not entitled to make $60,000 a year just because you went to college and came out with a non-specialized degree.  There's a big difference in what younger folks feel they 'deserve' just for existing.

Wanting to be accepted and liked is normal.  Nobody wants to be hated, unless they hate themselves.  Pushing people to accept you is much more prevalent with this generation. 
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »
Partly because there has been a tiny bit of bigotry lately *cough*civil-rights movement*cough*holocaust*cough*still-tons-of-gay-jokes-in-public*cough*.  Like the aforementioned abstinence preacher, though, there is a point at which it just gets annoying.  There is a difference between feeling entitled to high pay and feeling dissappointed by a bad decision, but both produce similarly negative emotions.  I think part of the problem you're experiencing is the 'you can be anything' movement not being supported by comprehensive educational reform and an emphasis on showing consequences of even good choices (i.e., social workers don't make a ton of money even though they have help people a ton with their issues).

-Penguin

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »
Partly because there has been a tiny bit of bigotry lately *cough*civil-rights movement*cough*holocaust*cough*still-tons-of-gay-jokes-in-public*cough*.  Like the aforementioned abstinence preacher, though, there is a point at which it just gets annoying.  There is a difference between feeling entitled to high pay and feeling dissappointed by a bad decision, but both produce similarly negative emotions.  I think part of the problem you're experiencing is the 'you can be anything' movement not being supported by comprehensive educational reform and an emphasis on showing consequences of even good choices (i.e., social workers don't make a ton of money even though they have help people a ton with their issues).

-Penguin

There has always been biogtry, and there always will be.  However, social acceptance of being gay, or being Jewish, or being anything that isn't a 'WASP' is much higher than it was than when the majority of us were younger.

The difference comes in how the generations were raised, and the parents did a big disservice by raising a generation of kids to be dependant upon them.  Kids wanting to move back home after college seems to be the norm now.  Non-city kids not knowing how to drive, or even having licenses, because their parents chauffer them until they leave is common.  Kids lacking the knowdlege on being self sufficient is what a generation of parents has produced, and that directly translates into feeling 'entitled' to everything, because they were given everything or had everything done for them.

This may not be you, but this is a definitive mark on this generation.

There is a difference in feeling entitled to high pay (feeling entitled to anything, actually) and feeling like you made a bad decision.  One is blaming other people for not giving it to you, and the other is blaming yourself for making a mistake.  It's not the same.

As for making choices, the information is out there.  More information is available now than ever before.  It's up to the person to research though, and not expect to have the research done for them.

I see this every single day.  I see the blame, the failure to take ownership, and the expectation that they're entitled 'x,y, and z' because they were told so.
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »
There has always been biogtry, and there always will be.  However, social acceptance of being gay, or being Jewish, or being anything that isn't a 'WASP' is much higher than it was than when the majority of us were younger.

The difference comes in how the generations were raised, and the parents did a big disservice by raising a generation of kids to be dependant upon them.  Kids wanting to move back home after college seems to be the norm now.  Non-city kids not knowing how to drive, or even having licenses, because their parents chauffer them until they leave is common.  Kids lacking the knowdlege on being self sufficient is what a generation of parents has produced, and that directly translates into feeling 'entitled' to everything, because they were given everything or had everything done for them.

This may not be you, but this is a definitive mark on this generation.

There is a difference in feeling entitled to high pay (feeling entitled to anything, actually) and feeling like you made a bad decision.  One is blaming other people for not giving it to you, and the other is blaming yourself for making a mistake.  It's not the same.

As for making choices, the information is out there.  More information is available now than ever before.  It's up to the person to research though, and not expect to have the research done for them.

I see this every single day.  I see the blame, the failure to take ownership, and the expectation that they're entitled 'x,y, and z' because they were told so.