Author Topic: Too Grumpy  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Too Grumpy
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 03:19:27 AM »
Tobias with his AoM tag and typing like BiPolar on 200... So no can't be Midway
so he is BiPoLaR?
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 03:21:51 AM »

EDIT: My guess is you poked sticks at them, and then received a bashing for doing so. Its not smart to start something you can't finish, esp against some of the games wittiest players.

No offence Dolby, but on many occasions, I have seen you antagonize people on 200. Often its just a whine about how you imagine that you were wrongly killed but it has been more than that too. Don't be surprised when some are willing to strike back. As kilo said, don't throw stones from a glass house.

No actually I whined at SHawks picking while I was trying to finish an epic turn fight against WING##. They just chimed in and never let go, getting more and more offensive wth each post. Witty I can deal with, puerile hate I'm not so good at especially outnumbered. As for my own failings with others, I usually only last at one person a few text exchanges not for a diddlying hour!
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 03:22:46 AM »
After some reflection, I think my frustration with many aspects of AH and the quality of game play has spilled over into my conduct in game -- towards both opponents and countrymen alike.  Lately my comments have become increasingly negative, I’ve been complaining more on text and have even found myself PM’ing more of the “unsuitable” players (bomb-and-bailers, HO/rammers and other suicide-style pilots).  While I may abhor those who play the game this way (don't fly to survive), meeting my expectations of how the game should be played should not result in an insulting comment or PM.  I was wrong to do this.

I have generally tried to conduct myself with more class, and am ashamed of lowering myself to that level.  This community already has enough a-holes in it that I don’t need to join their ranks.  It seems I’ve reached my time for taking an extended (or permanent) break.  None the less, I shouldn’t have conducted myself in that manner, whether I plan to stay in this community or not.

While I’m sure most of you don’t give a red cent what I say or do (nor should you), I felt I should at least offer a general apology to anyone I may have insulted, offended or even mildly annoyed recently.

<S> and blue skies

You have to make the effort to start recognizing you anger setting in and head it off. Let the little things go. You get caught up in a bunch of little things next thing you know you're at some one for an Innocent joke or you're so on tilt you're taking everything coming at you on 200 as a slight and an insult. Not that I'm some guru of fake cartoon pilot land, but I used to get caught up in it quite often. I am better now but still prone to the rage and going Qaddafi in game here and there. Try turning off 200, step away for the night, go fly a SEA event, go DA, just remove yourself from it for a little while. Several week breaks can do wonders as well. I would get to the point I'd be thinking about dumb stuff that happened to me in game while driving down the road. Or be a work dragging a line inside a burning house still trying to figure out how that guy reversed my so fast three times in a row when i knew he was going to do it. I'm no AH Guru but put it down for a bit and get your focus back. :huh

But I'm an AoM a-hole from what I hear so feel free just to skip my post.
 :D

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 03:24:29 AM »

But I'm an AoM a-hole from what I hear so feel free just to skip my post.
 :D

Don't go putting words in my mouth.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 03:26:56 AM »
Don't go putting words in my mouth.

As it goes, AoM produces a majority share of a-holes for the community.

just saying...
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:25 AM »
just saying...
Thank you.

I'm glad the word Majority can be seen. Effectively changing it to 'all AoM' is putting words in my mouth.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2012, 03:37:42 AM »
I'm glad the word Majority can be seen. Effectively changing it to 'all AoM' is putting words in my mouth.

I did?

I think we are all beginning to see why they teased you...

look at the first sentence of the third paragraph....

3 is by no means a majority.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:42:10 AM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2012, 03:43:37 AM »
I did?

I think we are all beginning to see why they made fun of you...
(Image removed from quote.)

look at the first sentence of the third paragraph....

3 is by no means a majority.
Do you not understand a figure of speech?
Regardless
My list contains 4 Muppets, 1 V, 2KNs, and myself. That's a majority right there.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2012, 03:49:11 AM »
Do you not understand a figure of speech?
Regardless
My list contains 4 Muppets, 1 V, 2KNs, and myself. That's a majority right there.

4 muppets out of how many muppets?  nope they have more than 7 players.

That being said, the fact that you are arguing with me about a joke Slash said tells me you need to take a step back and relax. Next time, squelch them, if that doesn't work, report them. There are facilities to deal with it.

The bigger issue is why do you have a problem with so many people? (4 muppets, 1 Vs, 2 Kns etc..)?

If it was one person or one squad that would be one thing, but KN have nothing to do with the Muppets, and I don't know who the "V" are (vtards maybe?).
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2012, 03:52:40 AM »
Your right. I need to leave. Account Closed.
JG5 "Eismeer"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:25 AM »
Your right. I need to leave. Account Closed.

(hands dolby a drink)...Dolby, have a drink. Tomorrow will be a new day. Squelch them if you need too. See you in the skies, once an addict always an addict.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2012, 05:16:51 AM »
when I found out I was bipolar I didn't know whether to laugh or cry  :banana:

Dolby as a mate my advice would be don't let the immature types bother you, just .squelch :)  Although it is kinda fascinating in a sort of sad/twisted way...

I wasn't online at the time but I'm sure I can picture what happened only too well....we've all seen plenty of threads on the BBS where these 'wittiest players in the game' ( :lol ) backslap and circle jerk each other for 5+ pages  :cheers:  

keep up the good work boys!

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2012, 10:40:20 AM »
supposedly tobias and midway are one in the same....

:rofl :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2012, 12:01:47 PM »
Isn't tobias midway?

EDIT: My guess is you poked sticks at them, and then received a bashing for doing so. Its not smart to start something you can't finish, esp against some of the games wittiest players.

No offence Dolby, but on many occasions, I have seen you antagonize people on 200. Often its just a whine about how you imagine that you were wrongly killed but it has been more than that too. Don't be surprised when some are willing to strike back. As kilo said, don't throw stones from a glass house.

No offense Ardy but Dolby is right on; and I experienced the same in the past 2 weeks especially w/the individuals he calls out. No stick pocking required...just killing them once.  I am far from perfect myself and get upset occasionally and fire off a whine but I get over it in 30 seconds, however Dolby's post ref the individuals that he has mentioned is pure and utter truth and they keep on and on and on for 30+ minutes.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 12:06:36 PM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 01:23:04 PM »
You muppets change game IDs like babys in diapers!   :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.