Author Topic: Begging Hitech  (Read 1365 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Begging Hitech
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:30:12 AM »
PUH-LEEZE can we get a Korea arena to replace WW1? I know it's a lot to ask because of the F-86 gunsight, ect... but I swear it will get more activity than the WW1 arena. 
:pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray :pray
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
Re: Begging Hitech
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:33:53 AM »
Back in AW3  there was almost no usage in the korean war.

Kinda like our WW1 arena :aok

You're mistaken to see yourself blasting through Mig's everywhere in your Sabre.

I'd have fun with this, but I dont believe I'd have anything more than a couple opponents, and I cant really say it would be any different than the WW1 arena.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:40:07 AM »
I was one of the few that regularly flew the AW Korea arena. The acm are completely different from LW. With the amount of quality pilots we have here, I can't see an advanced arena not attracting players. It was the pinnacle of gun dogfighting.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 03:55:42 AM »
WWI arena is not used because you can only furball in it. The Korean War Arena needs to be like the MA. We already have a few aircraft that can be transferred to there, the current maps from the MA can also be used. All we need is the Mig-15 & F-86.

+1
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 05:00:08 AM »
I'm going to say....Not right now.  After the WW2 line has been filled out CONSIDERABLY, THEN a Korean Era Arena is a definite way to go. :aok

Translation: +1 in the future. :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 05:14:19 AM »
I'm going to say....Not right now.  After the WW2 line has been filled out CONSIDERABLY, THEN a Korean Era Arena is a definite way to go. :aok

Agreed
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 05:24:54 AM »

THIS.

/thread
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 12:52:28 PM »

I have to agree, but hopefully fairly (relatively) soon!!!!!!  :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :x
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 12:54:10 PM »
Back in AW3  there was almost no usage in the korean war.

Kinda like our WW1 arena :aok

You're mistaken to see yourself blasting through Mig's everywhere in your Sabre.

I'd have fun with this, but I dont believe I'd have anything more than a couple opponents, and I cant really say it would be any different than the WW1 arena.

I wouldn't go that far, there was definitely a sizeable group of players that flew Korea in both Aw1 and Aw3,especially during primetime.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 01:01:50 PM »
Flew In aw Korean arena.  Our current ww1 has more players.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 01:14:55 PM »
Flew In aw Korean arena.  Our current ww1 has more players.

Semp

I flew AW1 Korea with *The Dragons* under CO Cujo^ and XO Predr and a large group of guys we were Bz and flew MiGs.  Our rival squad, at least how we saw it, were The Pigstompers CO'd by Deth7 XO'd by Zoney with also a sizable number of members.  There were always 30-40 players in Aw1 on when I flew.  If you dont believe me, ask Deth7 or Zoney, they are still around.  AW3 was a little less in primetime, usually around 10-20 but the maps were small to where it was still plenty of fun.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 01:21:02 PM »
Dunno, I don't remember there being anymore than 10 or so at most back in AW1 Korean arena.

But if there was a win the war element then it might work and could be a lot of fun. But I imagine it'd be a lot of work also.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2012, 01:32:51 PM »
Success of the Korean War arena would largely depend on what version of the Sabre is modeled.  If it's either the F-86E or the F-86F, then you'll see nothing but Sabres flying around.  However, if one of the earlier versions of the Sabre were modeled then you'd probably see the majority in the Mig 15, as the Mig 15 out performed the earlier Sabres.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »
I flew AW1 Korea with *The Dragons* under CO Cujo^ and XO Predr and a large group of guys we were Bz and flew MiGs.  Our rival squad, at least how we saw it, were The Pigstompers CO'd by Deth7 XO'd by Zoney with also a sizable number of members.  There were always 30-40 players in Aw1 on when I flew.  If you dont believe me, ask Deth7 or Zoney, they are still around.  AW3 was a little less in primetime, usually around 10-20 but the maps were small to where it was still plenty of fun.

I only flew in aw3. Only saw at most 5 every time I went there.

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TheRhino

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »

+1
"May the Air Force be with you"

TheHawk, C.O. 457th 'Grey Nurse' SQN RAAF (Currently Inactive due to slow internet :( )