Author Topic: Let's go Rooks!  (Read 817 times)

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
Let's go Rooks!
« on: January 13, 2012, 12:34:21 PM »
Some bits of the land based captures by the rooks yesterday, keep pushing them boys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeOs71NqzR0&feature=channel_video_title

click that 1080, full screen it and enjoy it!
Forward comrades!!!
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Let's go Rooks!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 01:13:43 PM »
Nicely done  :aok  It has been a long while since I have been able to get tank kills with guns that easily.  Not to say that my skills are anywhere near what was exhibited in that film.  Was fun to watch.

Nice work Raphie!

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 01:18:13 PM »
Thank you sir!
I'm getting used to the IL-2 now, loving it. I have no idea of how to use the rockets properly or to drop bombs, terrible at that, but I'm getting the hang of the aim slowly. Side effect is: I'm getting worst with the Hurri D, but I'm still enjoying this IL-2 fase of mine  :D
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
Wait, you are Rook now?  When did this happen?  And yes, I didn't even notice until you had it as a main title. :o  What's with people and making friendly icon's blue? :headscratch:

Anyway, back to topic...  Dang it Raphael.  This is gonna end up getting me to log in more often. :x
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
-Since I got back to the game as AntiTank, I played a few days in each country and then choose rooks.  :D simple as that.

-Blue rocks for friendly icons!  :)

-Do log in more often! please! :D
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:53:18 PM »
haha  I think I'll log in now. :aok :lol  Watched the video again and I want to get in at least one kill on a gv now. :x
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 03:17:16 PM »
That was awesome! :rock  Too bad the map isn't very gv friendly. :cry  I would have had a better formation with you on our go against 45, but a bowl of soup found it's way in front of me. :D

:salute
HiTech

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »
<S> Volron! it was great flying with you! amazing how 2 IL-2's stop a gv attack that quick  :D

that formation was amazing, I will sure use it on videos. I wish I could keep up a formation like that, don't have any training at beeing a wingman, maybe you should lead next time sir.  :salute

btw, that flakk dive was scary, good thing he missed the shots.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:21:23 PM by Raphael »
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 03:33:40 PM »
dang it Raphael! you keep posting videos like that and it will drag me out of the AvA and back to the MAs to do some tin can hunting.  Great video  :aok
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 03:45:26 PM »
<S> Volron! it was great flying with you! amazing how 2 IL-2's stop a gv attack that quick  :D

that formation was amazing, I will sure use it on videos. I wish I could keep up a formation like that, don't have any training at beeing a wingman, maybe you should lead next time sir.  :salute

btw, that flakk dive was scary, good thing he missed the shots.

Always will get your adrenaline going, and more so if you are alone.  But the Il-2 can do something the Hurri 2D really can't, snipe things from a LONG ways out.  The 2D's ammo is too small to waste in snipe attacks, while the Il-2's allows you that luxury.  A 1 second burst (definitely less once you've done it a few times) at 1k out will turret a flak nicely. :devil  What I will do is set up a little high then dive in.  The instant it hits 1k, I open up then peel away.  Since MOST flaks sit still, this will almost always get his turret.  If they are moving, it'll take a little luck. :aok

I think he did better with the pintle on the tank than the wirb.  :lol  I didn't get a single hit from the flaks, but plenty from the tanks. :rofl
HiTech

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 04:12:28 PM »
tmetal,

Man you missed the action! me and Volron upped an IL-2 wing and upped 2 sorties.

The first failed because our team mates destroyed the enemy vh before we got to the place so we headed to town where we both died after releasing the ords (I got 12 buildings  :P )

The second one we headed to a Vfield that was under attack and cleaned the place up real quick. I hope you join us some time, maybe we could mount up a fixed group to tank busting and supporting rooks on the front, 2 IL-2's are deadly, I can only imagine how 3 will work out  :devil

Volron,

HA!! the tank guy also took lots of pintle gunshots on me! there was one that aimed his main gun at me so I cancelled the dive. (zoom is my best friend in those times  :D ). Laso I never tried attacking wirbs with IL-2, reason why it scared the hell out of me when you said "I'm diving now." only thing I could think was to dive at the same time since we were on opposite sides, worked perfectly!
 I do have to train this technique you use to snipe the WIRBs, I flew way more with the 2D so I'm used to avoid all kinds of flakks. IL-2 rocks. I hope I fly with you again soon, and that more people, 1 or 2 guys join us! tmetal, just send some pm's when you see me online! I'm always Tank busting.
 PS: this saturday ill travel and will only be back on wednesday... so yeah... won't show up for some time. Keep those friendly GV's covered while I'm out! :old:

:salute
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 04:15:46 PM by Raphael »
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 04:57:37 PM »
I'm gonna take you up on that offer. Your game ID is?
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »
AntiTank, sir.

I bet I will see you on the MA a lot when we get that 37mm cannon for the stuka  :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 05:37:48 PM by Raphael »
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
tmetal,

Thank you for the runs man, I hope we have better luck next time hehe 2 interceptions in a row kind of put us down but it was real fun anyway, maybe we shouldn't have broken the formation on that second one, I am not a good leader, that's for sure!  :D

It's way different flying that monster alone and then flying with more people, it's way cooler when you have a wing! but you get kinda desperate because you want both of you to stay alive and only thing I thougt at the time was to call a "break!" thinking after, we had 2 guns we could have used since he was aproaching from behind and our birds are tough

Then again this day was the first day I leaded something like that (with you and with Volron). I guess it takes practice... hope to cause some storm with you and Volron real soon, so far both of you have given me film material to work with for next videos  :rock

I will have some sorties planned out for each map next time so we won't get surprises. meanwhile.... keep pushing them, rooks! :D
Remember 08/08/2012
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2012, 10:37:54 AM »
pffft. No worries raph, I had fun anyway.  I'll look for you later in the week.  :salute

-Skuzzy 5/18/17