Author Topic: Aviation user fees  (Read 1613 times)

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 01:51:41 PM by Tupac »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
Re: Aviation user fees
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:08 PM »
If I read that correctly then general aviation wont be affected much but private and corporate jets would.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:56 PM »
If I read that correctly then general aviation wont be affected much but private and corporate jets would.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It sounds like to me that whenever you use ATC services they would charge you $100
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 02:04:15 PM »
People in aviation are obviously rich. This is just paying your fair share. Spread the wealth...... Hope and change.... :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 02:04:58 PM »
People in aviation are obviously rich. This is just paying your fair share. Spread the wealth...... Hope and change.... :rolleyes:

:rofl

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:41 PM »

:lol
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 02:12:28 PM »
It sounds like to me that whenever you use ATC services they would charge you $100

It says that all piston aircraft are exempt though.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »
So do they mean that only private jets & turboprops will need to pay?

All piston aircraft, military aircraft, public aircraft, air ambulances, aircraft operating outside of controlled airspace, and Canada-to-Canada flights would be exempted.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:16:38 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »
So do they mean that only private jets & turboprops will need to pay?

I think so in other words only high-end craft will be taxed and even they wont be if you dont go in controlled airspace. Does class E count as controlled though?

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 02:40:56 PM »
I think so in other words only high-end craft will be taxed and even they wont be if you dont go in controlled airspace. Does class E count as controlled though?

Class E is controlled airspace. It does not matter if they do not tax piston airplanes or not, this is still a terrible terrible idea.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 02:42:17 PM »

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 02:43:52 PM »
Class E is controlled airspace. It does not matter if they do not tax piston airplanes or not, this is still a terrible terrible idea.

I dont agree with it either I just dont think it will affect most of us directly at least.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »

Officially yes, but realistically no. As long as you don't go into towered airports and stay VFR you don't have to talk to anyone, you don't need to tell anyone that you're leaving, where you going, or that your landing, so no one will ever know that you flew.

I still don't think that it will happen though.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 06:06:29 PM »
The airport in this town decided to charge anyone who flew inside their airpspace a fee of six Euro. It backfired badly on them. They had no radar so it depended on the pilot calling. Actually it was aimed at helicopter traffic once a year when there was a big horse racing festival at the nearby track. Eighty helicopter movements a day multiplied by six meant mucho money or so they thought.

The actual result was that pilots avoided the airport or when they flew through their airspace they didn't call. Sometimes they did call but they lied. This lead to a farscical situation because pilots of course didn't want to fly near airports without telling anyone. So one day, a pilot called up. 'Echo India XYZ passing close to your zone but remaining outside.' ATC: 'Ok but we have you in sight' Pilot: 'Good eyesight'.

It's no surprise that this airport is now in danger of closing.

User fees are stupid.

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »
Canada charged some fees when I flew Alaska - Oshkosh - Alaska back in 2000.  I think my total bill was $10-15.  I flew VFR only, talked to their Wx briefings a lot -- Wx in Alberta S U C K E D.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"