Author Topic: How to attack A B-29  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: How to attack A B-29
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
Make no mistake, after you have invested 30 minutes to be in the right place, at the right time, the wife ack will come up to you and start hammering away 5 seconds before you need to fire on that perfect approach.  It took you 30 minutes to get there, but she will cross the living room in about 3 seconds.

:rofl  Damned if you do, damned if you don't... and then you get divorced.  :aok 

It's OK, these are things that improove with time, experienced buff hunters have learned to take out the trash, walk teh dog and/or do the dishes on climbout.   :D
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 06:36:45 PM »
Seems to be quite a few of you who enjoy it. A couple weeks ago we had a base pretty close to an enemy strat so I decided to up some b24s and have at it.

Got my first pass on target but immediately afterward I encountered resistance. Shot down two, turned back, and blew up some more targets before I started heading home. Ended up with 6 kills before I lost the last b24 to a p47 that I just couldn't get the lucky shot on with waning ammunition. I wanted so bad to return home after a sortie like that but they just wouldn't let up. Never expected such an exciting fight, though. Was a lot of fun.

Next time I hit a strat I guess I'll climb higher than 13K.  :aok

Well, it's all a balancing game.  Some of the more... adventuresome buff pilots in this game, intentionaly take full fuel loadouts and a realtively low cruising altitude (for the range they're flying) with the sole intent to hang around behind enemy lines for a long time and stir up some buff hunters.  On the other side of the scale, you have buff pilots that take the least amount of fuel but maximum payload to achieve a certain stratospheric elevation, and to have the best/fastest speed (lightest weight) while making a straight line for their intended target/strats, with little left to turn straight back and try to make it home afterwards.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:41:03 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2012, 08:49:03 PM »
I rarely go deep into enemy territory in b29's unless at 30k. It's fun playing chequers with enemy buff hunters watching their dar bars trying to anticipate my next target field.

Such missions are very long though and only tolerated when preparing and eating a meal or something during climb out.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 07:03:29 PM »
I rarely go deep into enemy territory in b29's unless at 30k. It's fun playing chequers with enemy buff hunters watching their dar bars trying to anticipate my next target field.

Such missions are very long though and only tolerated when preparing and eating a meal or something during climb out.

"Will tonight be a salisbury steak or prime-rib climbout, and a 12 or 18-pack sortie?  Decisions, decisions..."  :aok
-Babalon

Wow, you guys need help.