Author Topic: Profit, the land beyond the Two Week Free Trial  (Read 1427 times)

Offline TheMercinary60

• Copper Member
Re: Profit, the land beyond the Two Week Free Trial
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 06:48:57 AM »
And some veterans have, myself for example I try to spend 2 hours every other night trying to help out best I can. One question can sometimes take 2 hours to answer, for example trying to help someone with basic ACM - some simply don't realize its not a "15 minute" learn everything and you are ready to go. I have yet to have one person ask "I have a pen and paper ready, can you talk to me about ACM?"

I try to help, but a good portion of the 2 weeker's I have run into, are not ready for the commitment of learning such a steep learning curve.

alright i got a pen and paper somewhere, tell me how to kill in a fighter, ive gotten more kills in my b-17
Formally Merc flying with the 99th Blue Lagoon Bandits
I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled.

HiTech - in response to davidwales

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 08:46:41 AM »
alright i got a pen and paper somewhere, tell me how to kill in a fighter, ive gotten more kills in my b-17

:lol

If you're serious, contact someone from the AH Training Corps - the official trainers who are volunteering their time for exactly this reason.

If you're like 90% of the people that can't get kills in a fighter, don't keep trying to yank your plane around in an attempt to point your nose at them at any cost. Learn to see where they are, where they're going, and how fast they're moving. Then fly your plane somewhere away from their nose and keep adjusting your course to get behind their wings. At that point you should be able to continue to creep around on them and get your guns in front of their nose while keeping your plane behind their wings - then blast them out of the sky.

Take crossing snapshots as you're maneuvering, if the opportunity presents itself. But resist the urge to pull max G's at that point in a feeble attempt to try to keep your nose pointed at them. Instead, continue with your strategy of staying behind them until you can put a steady stream of lead in their crate.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 04:17:06 PM »

:rofl :rofl :D me too!!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 11:17:45 PM »
:rofl :rofl :D me too!!

you just came back from vacation and punted a 3 week old thread just for the hell of it?  man you never learn.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 11:31:41 AM »
+1 limited perks something they can build on..and maybe 3 week free trial
i remember when it was 4 week trial got me hooked.

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2012, 11:58:30 AM »
Make it harder so they have to rank up. Two weeks, two months,  to two years.
 :bolt:
Infidelz

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »
Seems to me that if you want these noobs to stick around, the AH community should try a little harder at helping 2 weekers learn.

+10000

I wouldn't have continued playing the game past the 2 weeks (and subsequently spending hundreds on flight sim peripherals), if I hadn't been taken in and helped/advised by a good squad of nice guys.

I was very lucky. I imagine most new players either give up, or continue to suck forever. Then you get the whines are about people who can only HO or horde ;<
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Darkdiz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2012, 03:42:46 PM »
If I may weigh in here...

As a noob (I joined just over a month ago), I think the way to go might be to give perks on say your second or third month renew.  This way, at least you get a feel for the aircraft, don't blow the perks because you can't fly an aircraft properly, and would then get to use them as they were intended.

my 2 cenbts

Darkdiz
Talent hits a target no one else can hit
Genius hits a target no one else can see

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2012, 04:42:11 PM »

Remember, they can fly these planes offline and get a feel for them.  Earning the points to fly them in the MA is a motivator to play more.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »

Remember, they can fly these planes offline and get a feel for them.  Earning the points to fly them in the MA is a motivator to play more.

The object of the exercise is to motivate the two week player to become a subscriber, which many fail to do.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 05:57:32 PM »
which many fail to do.

How do you know this, do you have access to HTC's records?  Furthermore, even HTC doesn't know the primary reason 2-weekers don't subscribe.  I just don't that having access to perks is going to keep them any more than the current method.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 06:28:55 PM »
How about unperking planes for the 2 weekers?

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
+1 noobs with more perks than they know what to do with :)

as long as the perks expire before the trial is up.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »
How about unperking planes for the 2 weekers?

Like the DA?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 08:37:14 PM »
The object of the exercise is to motivate the two week player to become a subscriber, which many fail to do.

I doubt they fail to subscribe because they can't up a 262 in the main arena.

My "guess" is the don't subscribe for a number of reasons...

It's too hard ! I think a training arena with set goals and missions that new players have to "pass" would help. Give them the first month at half price if they join the training arena and complete the course.

Toxic atmosphere in the arenas.  Hire MODs, give then their subscriptions for free. Give the the power to police the arenas with guide lines written down and published in the TOS so everyone knows whats allowed and what isn't. This way the MODS can control the arenas and remove that "toxic" issue. Much like a club that has a bouncer as apposed to one that doesn't.

Just not their kind of game. Many come in thinking it's a game like many of the other MMOs and FPS out there and soon realize that it takes some time and effort to even become average here. Not much you can do for that other than opening up variety. The tanks and "ground war" have started that. Take about eventale FPS style play would add more. Being a small company it will take time, but I think this crew is up to the challenge.