Author Topic: Joe Paterno dead at 85  (Read 4726 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: Joe Paterno dead at 85
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2012, 11:38:18 AM »
Silver, you are a grade A dirtball.

R.I.P Joe Paterno, one of the best coaches to ever play the game.  :angel: :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2012, 11:48:28 AM »
Does being a great icon and role model to many, oversee that he did not notify police of known sex abuse?

I don't care how great of a coach he was... I do not care what he did for the University... am I doubting he did not care for those students? Of course not... what am doubting are his morals... you know sex abuse is going on and you do not notify authorities... you are covering up something that you do not want the public to know, regardless if he actually did anything... if you knew your kid was being abused and his/her coach did not tell the police... how would you feel then?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:51:48 AM by Flipperk »
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

BTW WTF is a Pederast?

:cheers: Oz

Shut the F*** up Donny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQxM9XEyQPI

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2012, 12:09:01 PM »
Looks like football was all he was living for.

Like a lot of other retirees you see they tend to die very shortly after they stop working.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »
You would think a person who spent his life and career helping and building kids athletic goals would understand that the college president is not a law enforcement official. You would think that a person of those same credentials would make sure that more was done other than to ban him from the stadium facility. You would think that a person who spent his life in and around educational facilities would understand that not insuring the safety of children is the equivalent to facilitation of acts against children when confronted with a direct eye witness account from a trusted employee and assist in making sure that the PROPER LAW ENFORCEMENT authorities were contacted rather than just treating it like a rumor to be passed on to the boss. You'd think that an educator would place the welfare of children ahead of the reputation of a sports facility and help to safeguard that reputation by making sure nothing like that was tolerated in or around that sports program. You'd think that at the least that the same educator would take concrete steps to make sure that there were no employees of that sports program involved in abusing children to maintain either employment or ability to enter the grounds of that educational facility or have anything to do with the facility in any capacity.

Old Joe let the school down, the program down, his reputation down and worse enabled the continued abuse of children by a pedophile by not taking the proper, reasonable or effective action to stop it or even to investigate it. Because of his lack of action that is the legacy he left behind. He may have been the worlds greatest coach but he let that ego trip prevent him from taking action to protect children. In other words, he tripped off of the bridge of the school and fell into a lifeboat and did not do what he was supposed to have done. He wasn't the only one either.  :mad:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 12:21:20 PM »
Rest in peace, Joe.

He was a good man, he is not deserving of any of the negative BS in this thread, show some respect. 

Show some respect for yourselves, as well.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 12:22:12 PM »
Rest in peace, Joe.

He was a good man, he is not deserving of any of the negative BS in this thread, show some respect.  

He didn't notify police of known sex abuse.... sorry, but "respect" is not in my vocabulary for people like that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:25:05 PM by Flipperk »

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 01:31:19 PM »
Even if he DID enable, or overlook a sex abuse situation, flaming him and bringing all this crap back up now that he has passed is just plain disrespectful. 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 01:36:02 PM »
Silver, you are a grade A dirtball.

R.I.P Joe Paterno, one of the best coaches to ever play the game.  :angel: :salute
you can bet your sorry butt, this "grade a dirtball" would have called the police ASAP. you clearly don't have children or your opinion may be different. no matter what he did in his life he is a pos for sweeping this under the rug.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »
Rest in peace, Joe.

He deserves every single word. What wasn't deserved was what happened to those boys in the shower at Pedd State.
How about showing them some respect?
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2012, 03:18:00 PM »

I don't have a horse in this race, not being a sports fan I didn't follow the whole story as close as many.  However these kind of statements...

Even if he DID enable, or overlook a sex abuse situation, flaming him and bringing all this crap back up now that he has passed is just plain disrespectful. 

Just annoy the crap outta me.  Respect has to be earned, and death does nothing toward earning it.  If someone hasn't earned my respect in their life, then their death does nothing to change my opinion of them.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2012, 04:45:08 PM »
Lots of assuming individuals in this thread, and lots of people who know the entire story and all the facts and all that there is to know about the allegations, it even appears as if there were people in this thread that were there in the showers at the time of the abuse, and in the AD's office when Joe was there as well. 

You dont show the victims respect, buy verbally jumping on the bandwagon and proclaiming someone's guilt, or lack of innocence, etc, especially if you were not there.  Typical ignorance and typical pathetic-ness abounds in here.  For shame for shame.

Let the good man rest in peace and start another thread if you want to try and lynch a person who is dead for something he allegedly did or did not do, and wasn't even on trial for.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2012, 05:14:29 PM »
Gone. Hopefully forgotten soon.

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 05:19:22 PM »
Lots of assuming individuals in this thread, and lots of people who know the entire story and all the facts and all that there is to know about the allegations, it even appears as if there were people in this thread that were there in the showers at the time of the abuse, and in the AD's office when Joe was there as well. 

You dont show the victims respect, buy verbally jumping on the bandwagon and proclaiming someone's guilt, or lack of innocence, etc, especially if you were not there.  Typical ignorance and typical pathetic-ness abounds in here.  For shame for shame.

Let the good man rest in peace and start another thread if you want to try and lynch a person who is dead for something he allegedly did or did not do, and wasn't even on trial for.   

Just because your not convicted or put on trail does not mean he didn't call the police when he knew all about it...

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 05:23:01 PM »

We know because we can read:http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/22/justice/pennsylvania-coach-abuse-timeline/index.html
Giving a man "God" status because he coached a sports team is ignorant and pathetic. Ridiculing him for allowing a pedophile to active abuse kids because he don't want bad press is called for.

Do you have any quotes from the press conference he called after first discovering Sandusky was a child rapist in 2002? Paterno brought this on himself.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.