Author Topic: 88mm Flak fusing and ROF  (Read 2247 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
Re: 88mm Flak fusing and ROF
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
:headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

There was time between those two posts.  In that time I practiced and got better.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
There was an hour between those posts. You got a lot better in an hour!

See, there's nothing wrong with the 88's, they're a blast! (pun intended)!

:aok

Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 12:49:48 PM »
I'm getting closer...still need some work but I'm having fun with it.  It's a fun addition to the game.   When some folks get good at it, hoarders better spred the hell out!  Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 04:35:45 PM »
They do not have a proximity fuse.

Lets not forget that the 88 has an explosive charge about what, 1/2, 1/3rd as small as the 5" guns (127mm).
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline SpankyMc

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 05:22:31 PM »
Damn, spent a good few hours on 88's last nite, without as much as an assist.  Give me a freaking break.  I had decent fuse sets and clearly was hitting near the planes, but not a single kill and what bugs me the most is not a single assist.  WTF?? Seriously, why not just yank 'em out.  This is a game, and as far as this game goes, these friggen 88's don't add a dam thing to game play other than being a target for strafing runs.

AH sure wasted a hell of a lot of computer time coming up with a worthless addition.  They could have spent twice as much time working on only tree leaf colors and been more worthwhile.  And, I am tired of hearing all the realism arguments, this is a game. :bhead

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 05:34:43 PM »
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.......... And, I am tired of hearing all the realism arguments, this is a game. :bhead

spoken like a true gamer........................ ........
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »
Damn, spent a good few hours on 88's last nite, without as much as an assist.  Give me a freaking break.  I had decent fuse sets and clearly was hitting near the planes, but not a single kill and what bugs me the most is not a single assist.  WTF?? Seriously, why not just yank 'em out.  This is a game, and as far as this game goes, these friggen 88's don't add a dam thing to game play other than being a target for strafing runs.

AH sure wasted a hell of a lot of computer time coming up with a worthless addition.  They could have spent twice as much time working on only tree leaf colors and been more worthwhile.  And, I am tired of hearing all the realism arguments, this is a game. :bhead

I think they'll become a lot more useful and deadly when folks get used to them. Right now it's an entirely new skill to learn.

I haven't had the chance to shoot one at a goon or airdropped troops yet, but they should be very useful for that. Where the town is close enough to the field, they will add a new dimension in that the base will have to be at least partly deacked for the field to be taken.

They may also be useful against milkrunning buffs.

Against fighters, they shouldn't be very powerful. CV puffy ack and 5"ers are already bad enough in that respect, the last thing the game needs would be field ack that was that deadly.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »
There was an hour between those posts. You got a lot better in an hour!

:huh  There was over a week between those posts.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 02:32:41 AM »
Against fighters, they shouldn't be very powerful. CV puffy ack and 5"ers are already bad enough in that respect, the last thing the game needs would be field ack that was that deadly.

I am going to disagree with you right off on that one.  Why should the fighter have a better chance surviving a hit vs a bomber?  It makes no sense.

I've flown through my fair share of cv ack and while I have been shot down (quite a few times I may add), there have been more than a few times that I've gone through it without getting hit.  As for the 5" guns, don't be so predictable and you stand a better chance against them.

In regards to the distance to town, there is not a single field in the MA maps that has a town out of range from the 88's (though there are a few that are "covered" by a mountain or hill).  So now they will have to be hit before attempting a take.  Right now, you could probably get away with ignoring them as a good chunk of people are not use to them yet.  But once they learn, it will be a requirement to take out the 88's to insure success.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 03:47:26 AM »
I am going to disagree with you right off on that one.  Why should the fighter have a better chance surviving a hit vs a bomber?  It makes no sense.

I've flown through my fair share of cv ack and while I have been shot down (quite a few times I may add), there have been more than a few times that I've gone through it without getting hit.  As for the 5" guns, don't be so predictable and you stand a better chance against them.

In regards to the distance to town, there is not a single field in the MA maps that has a town out of range from the 88's (though there are a few that are "covered" by a mountain or hill).  So now they will have to be hit before attempting a take.  Right now, you could probably get away with ignoring them as a good chunk of people are not use to them yet.  But once they learn, it will be a requirement to take out the 88's to insure success.

I think he ment effective, aka harder to hit a turning fighter then a straight flying buff at 6k.

As to dropping the 88's, well I have found bases already with nothing but 88s taken out.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2012, 06:35:48 AM »
:huh  There was over a week between those posts.

:rofl :rofl Oh LOL, sorry, just looked at the time of the posts, not the dates (DUH!)

Was away from the forums all last week, didn't bother to look to see that this thread was days old....
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2012, 08:34:35 AM »
All this debate and nobody has asked VIlkas how accurate they are, or are not?

Shame on you...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »
Fighters always peeled off before the buffs reached their target.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2012, 07:45:06 AM »
Well i got lucky and actually hit a set of buffs at 5.5k 1 puff between destroyed one and lit the other up :x now that being said was total luck I say somehow if radar is up get alt and speed fed to gun, make the radar abit tougher to kill, would make the buff milk runs a little scarier just my .02
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline Stellaris

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2012, 08:46:55 AM »
Artillery, including AAA is a science.  In reality, AAA were fired in batteries, which were linked to radar or optical rangefinders and predictors, and which had well drilled crews feeding them.  Time-to-target would vary for every shot, and current automatic fuse setters are quite quick.  Automatic fuse setting would be simply part of the process.  20 RPM isn't unreasonable for an initial rate, although rate of fire would be limited by barrel heating fairly quickly.  However, unless you want to get into battery survey and co-ordination, there's going to be some game-y aspect to their inclusion.  However, seeing a Spitfire zoom down to machinegun a flight of Lancasters isn't all that realistic either.  Can be fun though...

Enjoy the game, adapt to its circumstances.