Author Topic: GV Gearbox  (Read 782 times)

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
      • 3-in-1: Lathe_Mill_Drill (metal machine shop)
GV Gearbox
« on: January 28, 2012, 10:50:15 AM »
With the new update, I find the Wirble and Panzer have one speed---SLOW.

I hit the W repeatedly or Shift W and still only get one speed.

Did something change?

Are there now different keys to control the gearbox?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: GV Gearbox
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 11:29:52 AM »
if you are adding ANY rudder to the game the GVs will not accelerate. Check your stick setting to see if your calibration is out a bit or if you are twisting your stick to add rudder.

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »
if you are adding ANY rudder to the game the GVs will not accelerate. Check your stick setting to see if your calibration is out a bit or if you are twisting your stick to add rudder.

I use CH Products USB Pro Pedals.

I do not use the pedals when using the various GVs.

In the past, last upgrade, all my GV speed controlling and steering was done using the keyboard keys.

I have the typical CH Products trilogy: Fighterstick, Throttle, Pedals, all USB in Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.

Come to think of it, I forgot to Calibrate the 3 controllers coming into the game, Clipboard > Options > Controls > Calibrate Joystick; maybe that is why this happened.

Thanks for the reply.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:50:25 AM by Buckaroo »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:51:35 AM »
Same here, but mine accelerate fine. What I'm saying is you might have a calibration issue causing the problem. If your resting your foot on the pedal it would cause it as well. The GVs will not accelerate in a turn.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »

The gearbox is an auto now, hold down the W key to keep accelerating.  Also if you open or close the clipboard it interrupts the keyboard command so you have to release W and press it down again.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »

Did something change?

Couple of things - Calibrate your JOY Stick, if that doesn't work go into your controls and look under "ground vehicles" - make sure you don't have a keyboard button stuck also is a key..
JG 52

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »

Did something change?

I don't know who to reply to, so I will reply to myself.

Thanks to the guys that responded.

I now have a sweet GV setup in Mode two with my CH Pro Throttle set for various functions and my pedals actually steer the GVs, but the assigned preset keys "A" and "D" can override the pedals. 
I setup in Mode 2, but I did not assign separate Mode keys.  If I am in a plane it goes to the plane mappings in Mode 1.  If I'm in a GV it automatically goes into Mode 2.

What I did in Mode 2 was clear all the presets before remapping them my way.

Now, this is setup direct to Aces High's Map Controllers.  Currently I am not using the CH Control Manager.  This may change as the other fun aerial game I like to fly I will need the CH Control Manager and most likely once set, I will have to use one of my pre-made .maps I created for my older PC, then modify it with the Mode 2 mappings I am experimenting with here to Aces High.

By-the-way, my bad and my ignorance as to some of the gun and gv gun changes.  Ships guns actually are better using the "Q" keys and "C" and "V" keys, as well as using some of the GVs' aiming reticules using the "C" and "V" keys.  I suppose I should read the wiki updates and the new updated ReadMe changes on each new patch before whining.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:54:03 PM by Buckaroo »

Offline Buckaroo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:43:15 AM »
I don't know who to reply to, so I will reply to myself.

Thanks to the guys that responded.

I now have a sweet GV setup in Mode two with my CH Pro Throttle set for various functions and my pedals actually steer the GVs, but the assigned preset keys "A" and "D" can override the pedals. 
I setup in Mode 2, but I did not assign separate Mode keys.  If I am in a plane it goes to the plane mappings in Mode 1.  If I'm in a GV it automatically goes into Mode 2.

What I did in Mode 2 was clear all the presets before remapping them my way.

Now, this is setup direct to Aces High's Map Controllers.  Currently I am not using the CH Control Manager.  This may change as the other fun aerial game I like to fly I will need the CH Control Manager and most likely once set, I will have to use one of my pre-made .maps I created for my older PC, then modify it with the Mode 2 mappings I am experimenting with here to Aces High.

By-the-way, my bad and my ignorance as to some of the gun and gv gun changes.  Ships guns actually are better using the "Q" keys and "C" and "V" keys, as well as using some of the GVs' aiming reticules using the "C" and "V" keys.  I suppose I should read the wiki updates and the new updated ReadMe changes on each new patch before whining.

Thanks again.

I just completed and tested my GV setup using the CH Control Manager and it works identical to my reference above. 

I hardly use the keyboard keys at all for GV use.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
  This new GV movement control has much to be desired IMO. If you turn slightly why will it not upshift? I also have had trouble putting the GV in nuetral so as to fire an accurate shot. Shift s does not always stop the vehicle and it will move again. I'd rather shift manualy like before. When going up inclines it does not shift properly.  :bhead
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 10:40:32 PM »
  This new GV movement control has much to be desired IMO. If you turn slightly why will it not upshift? I also have had trouble putting the GV in nuetral so as to fire an accurate shot. Shift s does not always stop the vehicle and it will move again. I'd rather shift manualy like before. When going up inclines it does not shift properly.  :bhead

Shift + S should stop the GV right away, or if you use rudder pedals use the breaks to stop a GV instantly.
JG 52

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 08:06:23 AM »
Shift + S should stop the GV right away, or if you use rudder pedals use the breaks to stop a GV instantly.

It does stop the vehicle if I hold it but when released then it will go into forward byitself and moves. it won't stay stopped unless I kill engine.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.