Author Topic: They do exist  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: They do exist
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 09:14:11 PM »
If it worked, then why not?  We release rapists, wife-beaters, and robbers daily, and they were all cogent enough not to do it.  If the man's illness is causing the problem, then we only need to remove the illness, and not the man.

-Penguin

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2012, 09:18:17 PM »
Can you guarantee he takes his medicine every day?  Can you guarantee his body won't build up a tolerance to the drug?  Can you guarantee his body is actually responding to the medication like he says?  Depending on the disease, can you prove beyond a doubt he is suffering from it?  Some diseases aren't as easy to identify.

Life would be great if everything was so black and white, unfortunately it isn't.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
:rofl Try saying that when it actually happens.  You speak as if you do this daily, and they call me naive.

-Penguin

So you ask me a question, I give an honest answer, and then you call me names.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2012, 09:24:16 PM »
That is a matter for the court psychiatrist.  On matters in his field, what he/she says goes.

So you ask me a question, I give an honest answer, and then you call me names.

Well, you did violate the principle of unconditional love.  Perhaps name-calling was uncalled for, (no pun intended) but your position is not something that you are likely to keep if your child were actually in danger.

-Penguin

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 09:26:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure that if I went crazy, killed someone with an ax, and then ate his eyeball and brain my parents wouldn't have anything to do with me.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 09:27:33 PM »
You're underestimating how much they love you.

-Penguin

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 09:31:34 PM »
My parents have done so much and made many things possible for me on my short time on earth, but I'm pretty sure they would disown me as soon as I went murderer/cannibal combo on someone.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2012, 09:53:20 PM »
Talk to them, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

-Penguin

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »
For some reason I think asking "Hey mom, if I killed someone with an axe and then ate their brain and eyeball would you still love me?" wouldnt go over too well.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2012, 10:00:16 PM »
Oh no, she'd be angry, and possibly messed up, too.  If she didn't love you, though, then she wouldn't care.  Compare your reaction to the story to what would happen if you were the ax-swinging-slasher and told your mom.  See my point?  That's why parents get so angry, upset, etc., when bad stuff happens to their kids it hurts them on the inside.

-Penguin

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2012, 10:02:03 PM »
See, I try not to do things to upset my parents.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
Like I said, my parents love me. I know that, but I certainly wouldnt expect them to love me after I killed someone.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 10:09:07 PM »
Well, I don't know your parents, and the only conclusive way to find out is to go out and do it.  However, asking them might be a start to finding out.

-Penguin

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 10:12:37 PM »
Like I said, I try not to tick off my parents.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you (and pays for flying lessons)

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 10:14:23 PM »
Don't bite the hand that feeds you (and pays for flying lessons)

I couldn't say it better myself. ;)

-Penguin