Author Topic: Version 2.27 Patch 0  (Read 12007 times)

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
Re: Version 2.27 Patch 0
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2012, 01:34:10 PM »
I turned off AH's V-sync and Forced On my video card's V-sync. I turned on Triple Buffering too with this update. The only additional eye-candy I added was the bump-mapping on my own plane. I don't know if I bump-mapped the buildings, but I can't tell in flight. I only notice from inside the tower, where I try to spend as little time as possible anyway. Can't notice ground clutter unless you're flying in the weeds so I turn it off in flight. The draw distance on it is really jarring anyway if you're moving quickly. It seemed to be making my screen stutter anyways even though I was reporting 60FPS.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2012, 01:50:18 PM »
The game already doess triple buffering.  You really do not want to force it in the video driver.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline GNucks

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2012, 01:57:56 PM »
Didn't know that, thanks.

Rebel - Inactive
An amateur trains until he gets it right, a professional until he can't get it wrong.
vf-17.webuda.com

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2012, 02:40:17 PM »
For some reason, first time I installed update, it went to AH beta folder. Second try and no problems.
Ended up saving my settings & dumping the game & downloaded it again & was back up in under half an hour.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Left us hanging, and. ?
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
( Jumped to page 7 )
Corrected issues with the sun not displaying as intended such as how it displays on the horizon and.

and what?
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2012, 04:03:21 PM »
All in all sounds like a great update. Alas, I just fried my motherboard, so it'll be a few days before I can try it out.

External view mode is now disabled in manned guns.

Boo to this. Or can you at least still unlock the view? It takes about a minute to rotate a 17 lb.er, about 1/4 second for a crew member to turn his head and look somewhere other than where the gun is pointed.

Wirbel and Ostwind turrets can no longer take on indefinite damage after they've been destroyed without eventually destroying the vehicle.

Yay to this!  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:

This was by far the most annoying thing about the game before. Nothing like pumping 20 or 30 85mm AP rounds into a Wirbel from the side and still not killing it.

Found missing sheep and returned them to their splendor.

A guy can dream, can't he?

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2012, 04:14:29 PM »
Yay, patch fix. The GVers are happy again.  :D

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2012, 06:13:19 PM »
Runways seem too bright now.  In RL I doubt they stood out as much.   Not complaining just saying would be more realistic if they were toned down a little, imho.

Also, I see a line either above or below the sun depending on where I am.   Be good to eliminate that. 

:salute

I'm gonna give it a day or two to break-in, but I had that same opinion (probabley because I was paying close attention to graphics and apearances last night), the new concrete color is too white/bright.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2012, 09:25:24 PM »
It may be a new version..but the song remain's the same.

HiTech is a Putz .
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2012, 09:44:12 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher