Author Topic: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 12231 times)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
Re: Ninth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #195 on: February 18, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »
Follow the rules and you wont have a problem. Been in 8 and haven't had a single issue.
won't *
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #196 on: February 18, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
As this is in the General Forum (and not within it's own private forum), you have no right to tell others to 'keep their mouths shut'.
Your post is also a clear example of a small part of the problem.

LCADolby, you just did it again, Sir!  I did not tell others to keep their mouths shut as you have implied

I posted:
people who are not in the tournament should keep their mouths shut and comments to themselves..... people who have concerns should send those concerns straight to Bald Eagl and the review committee.......

my thoughts

TC

I expressed a view/an opinion....., I did not make a direct order / request........... as you have selectively used my post out of context, Sir

am not mad at you, just correcting the misunderstanding

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline UnclBone

• Zinc Member
« Reply #197 on: February 18, 2012, 06:17:03 PM »
I to took it TC or whoever he is today was being a disrespectful sweetheart.
I thought it was directed at me.
The four cornerstones of character on which the structure of this nation was built are: Initiative, Imagination, Individuality and Independence”
MEMBER OF TOP GUN

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: February 18, 2012, 06:21:31 PM »
I to took it TC or whoever he is today was being a disrespectful sweetheart.
I thought it was directed at me.

my apologys to you UnclBone, I did not realize you was not in the dueling bracket and that I had made my post right behind yours........... I just now scrolled back and saw why you would think that

sorry

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:10 PM »
*Shakes Head* @ TC

I think you should try to eat your own foot.  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2012, 06:34:35 PM »
*Shakes Head* @ TC

I think you should try to eat your own foot.  :D

why?  did you insert some treble fishhooks in it while I was passed out ???  it already smells fishy...........rofl

cheers

TC

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2012, 06:37:41 PM »
oh dear, only the elimination rounds and already this whaaaa whaaaa fest...
why, oh why, tell me why....
 :bolt:
AoM
City of ice

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2012, 06:42:31 PM »
Enough drama already.

I'll take the blame for this and any previous tournaments.  I do after all reserve the right to make any final decisions.  Sometimes I make the right ones, sometimes I make the wrong ones.  That's just how things go in real life but I do always try to be fair.  Unfortunately, we all have differing opinions on what that is.  Again, it's just the way things are amongst groups of people.

I tried to implement rules to minimize people contantly pushing the limits of what was intended as simply some dueling fun.  I tried making every decision myself.  I tried being lenient.  I tried being strict.  Now I tried leaving decisions to others.  No matter what I try or what I do someone will disagree.

As pointed out the ramdom draws are meant to keep the bracket moving along.  If one duel is missed it holds up the whole bracket.  If you think the random draws were unfair do you think it's more fair to make others wait then have to get their fights in on short notice?  Sorry, but when only three of eight duels could be scheduled in a timely manner last week that was the last straw for me.  As others have already said, you have seven days to get 20 minutes of dueling in.  If you get them in then there's no problems.  If you don't then someone has to make some sort of decision which may not be popular but at least it keeps the event moving along.

People want fewer rules?  I can do that but along with that will come more decisions and judgement calls.  Think the review committe is bogus?  I can get rid of it but than I'll make all the decisions for better or worse.

I do the best I can and then get bashed for it every tournament.

In the end it doesn't really matter.  It's a game.  Just play and have fun.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »
Dont take my opinions of the matter seriously, In no way am I upset because of this.

I knew when TOMCAT21 sent his reply that he wouldnt be able to make it that he infact was being moved to the 2nd fight.

My point was proven a few pages back.

That really isn't a fair comparison Bone.  Ink's ladder isn't under any pressure to complete rounds of a bracket in a short period of time.  Ink's ladder is an entirely different animal, definitely not comparing apples to apples.
This is true but does this Bracket have a rule/rules that states if you do not both setup a specific time your fight will be determined by a random draw ?
My past experience with this bracket the one who tried to setup the fight/or so they put it(More of a effort than the other player) He will advance. Correct me if Im wrong?

Just asking a question.  :salute

=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2012, 06:47:00 PM »
Enough drama already.

I'll take the blame for this and any previous tournaments.  I do after all reserve the right to make any final decisions.  Sometimes I make the right ones, sometimes I make the wrong ones.  That's just how things go in real life but I do always try to be fair.  Unfortunately, we all have differing opinions on what that is.  Again, it's just the way things are amongst groups of people.

I tried to implement rules to minimize people contantly pushing the limits of what was intended as simply some dueling fun.  I tried making every decision myself.  I tried being lenient.  I tried being strict.  Now I tried leaving decisions to others.  No matter what I try or what I do someone will disagree.

As pointed out the ramdom draws are meant to keep the bracket moving along.  If one duel is missed it holds up the whole bracket.  If you think the random draws were unfair do you think it's more fair to make others wait then have to get their fights in on short notice?  Sorry, but when only three of eight duels could be scheduled in a timely manner last week that was the last straw for me.  As others have already said, you have seven days to get 20 minutes of dueling in.  If you get them in then there's no problems.  If you don't then someone has to make some sort of decision which may not be popular but at least it keeps the event moving along.

People want fewer rules?  I can do that but along with that will come more decisions and judgement calls.  Think the review committe is bogus?  I can get rid of it but than I'll make all the decisions for better or worse.

In the end it doesn't really matter.  It's a game.  Just play and have fun.
I said before been here for all the brackets except for maybe 1, I enjoy them but since all the rules its all gone down hill.
I appreciate what you do but do not agree with you at all on how you run it.
GL with it though  :salute  :cheers:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2012, 05:14:20 AM »

(Without prejudice to Dr Bone or anyone else).

The people I respect most in this community BE are those who organise events to make the experience more fun for everyone else. Invariably they take flak for this and seem to hear few words in their support. I admire the fact that people like yourself BE are able to carry on regardless you and your ilk are in my opinion the real champions of the game  :salute
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 05:56:46 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2012, 05:16:13 AM »
I will keep checking in TC if you can sugest a time so far the only time today I can do is 3.45 to 5pm my time whin I believe is 10.45 to 12 noon your time.

I will check in again in an hour :old:
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »
FM2- MickyD

MossieVI- MickyD (Lasted almost 1 turn.  :lol )

Great work Sir and good luck.

:salute
See Rule #4

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2012, 08:26:20 AM »
 :salute Melvin

Thanks for the fights mate.  :cheers:

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2012, 09:05:02 AM »
always the same group of people with their panties in a twist
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.