Author Topic: GV Icon / Field of view  (Read 814 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
GV Icon / Field of view
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:54:30 AM »
I think that how close you have to be to a gv to see it's icon should also have a relationship to what the pilot is looking at.  So if you're looking directly towards a vehicle, the icon range would be longer than if off in the corner of your field of view.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
Re: GV Icon / Field of view
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 05:29:32 PM »
Considering the limited field of view on our monitors (even those who have two or three), one would have to assume that if you can see it at all, it's in your field of view IRL.
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:45:46 AM »
I think that how close you have to be to a gv to see it's icon should also have a relationship to what the pilot is looking at.  So if you're looking directly towards a vehicle, the icon range would be longer than if off in the corner of your field of view.
I think I disagree ...(?) ... Periphial Vision is very acute and in some cases, more efficient, as the brain notices unexpected variations without the conscious filtering that takes place when vision is concentrated.

I really like the NEW standards, they're tougher, but I think they greatly improve game play. The STORCH is an awesome asset if employed intelligently.
:salute
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
Peripheral vision is actually better.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 04:32:39 PM »
Peripheral vision is actually better.

Only at night.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 05:06:41 PM »
Good idea, but it is conthevable!   ;)
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.