Author Topic: Soviet Bomber?  (Read 2884 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
Re: Soviet Bomber?
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 07:47:24 AM »
tu-2 would be my plane of choice for attack runs.    It will do everything quicker and tougher than the ju-88 minus the torpedo carrying ability. Plus it packs 2x 23mm cannon in the nose for de-acking and HOing. (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) Look at the slim profile,  built for speed and tough soviet tough.   What is not to like!  
Again Bruv is correct. +1

Offline 1Nicolas

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 08:53:16 AM »

(My World Of Tank signature)
There are no great men, just great challenges which ordinary men, out of necessity, are forced by circumstances to meet.

Offline 33Vortex

• Platinum Member
      • Dirac's equation (non truncated)
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 08:57:33 AM »
MMm the Pe-2 mmmm. :x

Agreed, the Petlyakov Pe-2 was a great design, saw much use and was a great success. There are plenty of Soviet bombers that would make excellent additions but this is one of the finest picks imho.

GameID: Turner
Truth has no agenda.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 09:00:00 AM »
Oh please! I'll try and forget the B24 and B17 comment, which is just plain silly. To think that enough numbers of them were forced to land on Soviet airfields, and the reds were able to maintain/train up them into a force that had any impact is just a plain silly notion.

The B25 and A20s werent on the same level as airplanes like the TU2 and Pe2. Not in performance, bombload, anything. Soviet industry produced many outstanding warplane designs, most of all considering the stresses they were under at the time. They not only had to pick up and move most of their Indistrial base but many of their designers started the war sitting in Gulags. Still however there seems to be much disrespect in the west regarding WW2 Soviet warplane design and production.

Well, good luck with that, seein' there are no bombers in the game modeled that the Soviets used. Or sumpin'. How many *Soviet built* bombers ya gonna ask for? No harm no foul in that, I reckon. Just bringing up what exists already that, quite honestly, suffices. :D

P.S. Are you throwing in your 2 for scenarios/events or the main? 'Western disrespect?' Seriously?;)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 09:00:57 AM »
If PE8 is added, then HE177 must also be added somewhere down the line.

I do like the PE2 suggestion and have been flying Pe8,  Pe2, and he177 at another sim.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 09:06:38 AM by icepac »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 09:17:13 AM »
Pe-8 was a minor player and isn't needed.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »

Who cares about "needed"  it would be fun

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 10:15:45 AM »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 10:19:44 AM »

LOL...I can always count on Karnak to attempt to shoot down any proposed planes other than late model cannon equipped fighters.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 11:35:56 AM »
LOL...I can always count on Karnak to attempt to shoot down any proposed planes other than late model cannon equipped fighters.
I think you have me confused with somebody else.

My first choice for an addition would be the Ki-43, which has a distinct lack of cannons and late war performance.

The Pe-8, on the other hand, is the type of idiocy that is requested by the "it must be uber" crowd, something that would be potent in the game but was a complete non-factor in the war.

(The cannon derision is also stupid.  There aren't many machine gun only armed fighters once you get beyond the USAAF and USN.)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »
P.S. Are you throwing in your 2 for scenarios/events or the main? 'Western disrespect?' Seriously?

I suggest you read up on their capabilities and answer your question yourself. You strike me as someone who needs to study up on WW2 aviation before posting in this forum.

Seriously.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 12:39:07 PM »
I suggest you read up on their capabilities and answer your question yourself. You strike me as someone who needs to study up on WW2 aviation before posting in this forum.

Seriously.

I believe what you quoted has nothing to do with capabilites. And even the thread had nothing to do with capability. The thread asked for a Soviet Bomber. Congratulations - the game has bombers used by the Soviet Union. You strike me as someone who perceives a lack of knowledge in others because you're easily upset by facts you don't like. Let's talk about any historical subject you wish - WWII, aircraft, whatever ... in context. Anytime. :D

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 05:49:22 PM »
I believe what you quoted has nothing to do with capabilites. And even the thread had nothing to do with capability. The thread asked for a Soviet Bomber. Congratulations - the game has bombers used by the Soviet Union. You strike me as someone who perceives a lack of knowledge in others because you're easily upset by facts you don't like. Let's talk about any historical subject you wish - WWII, aircraft, whatever ... in context. Anytime. :D

This is what I said
Are we ever going to get a Bomber made by Soviet Industry? As in "ever"?
I should know since I started the thread and Im hardly upset over your facts since you have posted none. I already knew you could paint Soviey skins on American bombers. MY thread was about needing a bomber made by Soviet Industry.

Sheesh!
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 10:18:29 PM »
This is what I said  I should know since I started the thread and Im hardly upset over your facts since you have posted none. I already knew you could paint Soviey skins on American bombers. MY thread was about needing a bomber made by Soviet Industry.

Sheesh!

Sheesh? Heh. As said, I wish ya luck. Not much into attempting to win souls to your cause in the wishlist forum? I'm an easier sell than HT.  What makes your Soviet buff wish better than an Italian buff wish? Which one take precedence? How many of the bombers in the game can be painted in an historically accurate skin with Italian markings? ;)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »

The Pe-8, on the other hand, is the type of idiocy that is requested by the "it must be uber" crowd, something that would be potent in the game but was a complete non-factor in the war.

It is not uber as compared to any other heavy bomber of the war.

They dropped many hundreds of tons on Berlin as early as 1941 and Molotov flew to washington and back in a PE8 with part of the trip through german territory.

There are plenty of planes already in game that saw far less action.