Author Topic: I hate bad teachers  (Read 3422 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
I hate bad teachers
« on: February 03, 2012, 07:04:02 PM »
We're learning about atomic bonding in class, and our teacher is just plain stupid. Her analogy for the D-block electron orbits was, "imagine its like a parking structure, You want to park in the top corners first, then you move back, but you don't want to park right next to the door".

Then she had us try to find the electron configuration of  U+5 with no further instructions while she went to go 'print some coppies' in the teachers lounge (does not have a printer).

At least its not as bad as our trig teacher, who threw the imaginary number i, and the unknown quantities "A", "B", and "Q" into a logarithm equation. Or his favorite gag, the "nonreal answer" equation, where he makes this huge-arse problem for us to solve, only to have it result in division by zero or some crap like that, and then references the answer in the next problem, so we have to actually do it to make sure  :bhead.

And can someone help me find the answer to this one: Tan(a)+Sec(a) (Csc(A)Cos(B)) divided by Cot (A)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:43:18 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: I hate bad teachers
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:33:39 PM »
Do your own homework.

Also, pay more attention to your English teacher.
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:35:48 PM »
Learn how to spell copies and the rest will fall into place.

:aok
See Rule #4

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:42:37 PM »
Do your own homework.

Also, pay more attention to your English teacher.

It seems all you do is call people on their bad grammar and spelling, and only those who aren't too bad at it.

Also, spell-check doesn't say "coppies" is wrong
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:44:12 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 07:46:55 PM »
No, but I do do that a lot to you

I find it painfully awful that foreign people can write better English than someone for whom it is their native language

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 08:25:27 PM »
We're learning about atomic bonding in class, and our teacher is just plain stupid. Her analogy for the D-block electron orbits was, "imagine its like a parking structure, You want to park in the top corners first, then you move back, but you don't want to park right next to the door".

Then she had us try to find the electron configuration of  U+5 with no further instructions while she went to go 'print some coppies' in the teachers lounge (does not have a printer).

At least its not as bad as our trig teacher, who threw the imaginary number i, and the unknown quantities "A", "B", and "Q" into a logarithm equation. Or his favorite gag, the "nonreal answer" equation, where he makes this huge-arse problem for us to solve, only to have it result in division by zero or some crap like that, and then references the answer in the next problem, so we have to actually do it to make sure  :bhead.

And can someone help me find the answer to this one: Tan(a)+Sec(a) (Csc(A)Cos(B)) divided by Cot (A)

Those are some bad teachers.  However, your disgust with their methods is the first step to overcoming their ineptitude.  Go home and get on Google, and look up ionic bonding tutorials.  The trig teacher however, is just an a-hole for doing that.  His job is not only to teach you math, but to teach you to love math.  Making you do large problems that result in 'undefined' is no way to foster a faith that math is a worthwhile subject.  Go on Wikipedia and look up 'Eigan Vector,' you'll love it.  Or, try to use math to solve problems that you make up in your head.  If you run out of math, jump on the internet and learn some more.  Or, if you're totally stuck, rederive it or potentially add to the field in order to get that problem done.  That's how Newton invented calculus.

-Penguin

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:04 PM »
It seems all you do is call people on their bad grammar and spelling, and only those who aren't too bad at it.

Also, spell-check doesn't say "coppies" is wrong
I'm sure suckoff and Perdweeb would love to give you a grammar and spellin lesson. 👌👍
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »
I'm sure suckoff and Perdweeb would love to give you a grammar and spellin lesson. 👌👍
At least they can spell Joachim.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 08:47:58 PM »
Play nice chillens
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 08:58:13 PM »
At least they can spell Joachim.
I forgot this game was about learning how to spell...
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 09:14:42 PM »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

;D nice

although I prefer the grammar knight

doesn't work so well on this light coloured background ;<

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 09:24:29 PM »

Only when you try to insult peoples intelligence and spell something wrong in the process.

Oh look you insulted my cpid how original. 
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
Your math teacher doesn't sound like a bad guy. He's teaching you to be thorough. Making assumptions can be disastrous in higher level maths. Plus I always love when I do some several step thing and end up having everything cancel or something silly.
Of course I've had the luck of having some great teachers over the past couple of years. Take advanced classes if you can... the better teachers usually get those.