Author Topic: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!  (Read 6289 times)

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
Re: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2012, 02:34:05 PM »
id like to see eny based on "inflight" #s

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2012, 03:26:38 PM »
id like to see eny based on "inflight" #s
That would be very exploitable by the mishun hordes.

My preference would be for it to kick in earlier and/or have a steeper slope.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2012, 03:57:03 PM »

That, combined with the old 1 hour switch timer would encourage side balancing. 

If the current 12 hour rule remains, the only way to balance the sides is for people on the high side to log off for 12 hours.  The downside of actual balanced sides would be the large number of "win teh warz!" folks leaving the game.  That's my guess as to why things are as they are - customer $.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2012, 05:11:17 PM »
That, combined with the old 1 hour switch timer would encourage side balancing. 

If the current 12 hour rule remains, the only way to balance the sides is for people on the high side to log off for 12 hours.  The downside of actual balanced sides would be the large number of "win teh warz!" folks leaving the game.  That's my guess as to why things are as they are - customer $.

I don't understand how the  the 12 hour rule keeps people from switching to the low numbered side when they log on or when the numbers become unbalanced.

You can switch once. If the numbers change, you're stuck. Realistically, no one switches to balance sides.

The 12 hour side switching keeps people from switching back in a play session if they have already switched.

I'd like to see a shorter time to switch sides as well but I don't see the current time as a deterrent to switching other than the above statement.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2012, 08:17:42 PM »
There is merit to the ENY system, but I believe it could go a lot further.  I dont think the 12 hour rule is a big thing, the lack of a dynamic ENY scale is.

First, I think HTC needs to seriously re-evaluate the current scale head to toe.  There are a lot of aircraft with ENY and OBJ scores that do not fall in line with the ability of the plane (the Ju88 earns FEWER bomber perks than a B17??? yeah, check it out).  The P51D has proved to be the horde monkey's plane of choice, which other aircraft can do what the P51D can do as well as it can do it?  In short, I believe HTC needs to lower some aircraft to less than 5 ENY (P51D, Spit16, and a few others), and some need a reduction (La7, F4U-1A, and a few others).

Second, I think HTC needs to turn the dial up a bit on the ENY inhibitor.  Meaning, make the ENY limiter kick in sooner and make it ramp up that much faster.  MAKE the ENY a factor, not an after-thought.  It is too easy to just hop in to the top tier planes. 

Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
Dont worry, I understood your intentions. Its just that 99% of your verbal diahrea tends to get annoying.

There is an "ignore" function, I just used it, Bye.

That would be very exploitable by the mishun hordes.

agreed, the problem is that HTC avoids "limiting" a player too much. Thats why hitting Depots doesn't hurt as much as it could, nor taking fuel down to 25% is allowed any more. They have a fine line to walk for playability, and chasing away customers.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2012, 09:54:29 PM »
The problem is when you have a situation like this. Then the two smaller countries gang the one larger. In this case it would be Bish and knits against rooks.
Then can you have a situation where the RL situation they still are outnumbered by a full third yet still have to suffer the effect of ENY because technically they have the numbers.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »
and what does this thread have to do with a horde............nothing..... eny and side balancing is outdated and a joke. Either put back 1 hour side switch or make eny not on a % but how many players a side has.

how is the 1 hr switch gonna help side balancing.  or you mean that all the players in rook/knights had just switched and couldnt switch back to bishops and the 12 hour limit is at fault  :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 11:11:05 PM »
Drediock, how is that any worse than the small country getting ganged by the two big contries, and not having ENY help them?

The answer is: its not, its just different.

I would think it would be less likely to happen, as well, which means that even if a revised system with a more dynamic ENY would still be better than what we have now.

IMO, it needs to be exponential in how harsh it is, and take effect much, much, MUCH earlier.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline SoonerMP

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »
There is an "ignore" function, I just used it, Bye.

agreed, the problem is that HTC avoids "limiting" a player too much. Thats why hitting Depots doesn't hurt as much as it could, nor taking fuel down to 25% is allowed any more. They have a fine line to walk for playability, and chasing away customers.

Wow, now my feelings are really hurt.... but yet again you help prove my point.

S.A.P.P. Secret Association of P-38 Pilots

Blame Karaya 2008-2012       Death From Above - MA (inactive)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2012, 01:39:42 AM »
Wow, now my feelings are really hurt.... but yet again you help prove my point.

what was your point?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 08:54:22 AM »
There is merit to the ENY system, but I believe it could go a lot further.  I dont think the 12 hour rule is a big thing, the lack of a dynamic ENY scale is.

First, I think HTC needs to seriously re-evaluate the current scale head to toe.  There are a lot of aircraft with ENY and OBJ scores that do not fall in line with the ability of the plane (the Ju88 earns FEWER bomber perks than a B17??? yeah, check it out).  The P51D has proved to be the horde monkey's plane of choice, which other aircraft can do what the P51D can do as well as it can do it?  In short, I believe HTC needs to lower some aircraft to less than 5 ENY (P51D, Spit16, and a few others), and some need a reduction (La7, F4U-1A, and a few others).

Second, I think HTC needs to turn the dial up a bit on the ENY inhibitor.  Meaning, make the ENY limiter kick in sooner and make it ramp up that much faster.  MAKE the ENY a factor, not an after-thought.  It is too easy to just hop in to the top tier planes. 

Most of the late war Allied stuff, or even midwar Typhoon has much lower ENY than the late war German iron does.
 You propose to make this even more rediculous?  Or do you finally admit that German aircraft are that inferior?  :devil
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 09:41:33 AM »
Placing too many restrictions on player choices is a bad thing.

Hordes happen. If one wants to stop hordes, up counter hordes. After the first couple of bases, the pattern emerges. Get some alt in your favorite P-51 or Corsair killer and have fun.

ENY is not that painful. There are many planes in the 20-30 range that are great.

One last thing: is it irony to up into a horde of 30 or so, and get killed by one of "The Few?"  :bolt:
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:23 AM »
and what does this thread have to do with a horde............nothing..... eny and side balancing is outdated and a joke. Either put back 1 hour side switch or make eny not on a % but how many players a side has.
+1

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »
Placing too many restrictions on player choices is a bad thing.

Hordes happen. If one wants to stop hordes, up counter hordes. After the first couple of bases, the pattern emerges. Get some alt in your favorite P-51 or Corsair killer and have fun.

ENY is not that painful. There are many planes in the 20-30 range that are great.

One last thing: is it irony to up into a horde of 30 or so, and get killed by one of "The Few?"  :bolt:

That is a good point regarding the "restricting player choices", but I would be in line fully if we only has 20 aircraft.  If the ENY goes to 6 and the P51D is not available, there are a whole host of aircraft that can do the nearly the same thing but it is obvious the P51D does it the easiest.

I agree %100: the ENY is not painful in the least bit.  I think it is sad that people restrict themselves to a few of the crutch planes and nothing else, there is a whole list of very capable aircraft, albeit a slightly higher challenge to fly.  There is some player named hymen that ups in nothing but the Spit16, how narrow can one be?  That would be like eating nothing but potatoes all you life.  
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.