Author Topic: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!  (Read 6342 times)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: ENY and side balancing outdated and a freking JOKE!
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »
Yupp....working good again tonight.......keep up the good work :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2012, 09:21:09 PM »
What no screen shot this time !!  :furious

Offline rebelpride99

• Zinc Member
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2012, 10:26:10 PM »
If I had my way ENY would be gone

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2012, 12:49:48 AM »
If I had my way, my 109 would have 4x30mm with the weight of one...with at least 100 rounds per gun...and they would shoot like friggen lazer beams...noo  no  even better...hispanos!! 

yea, if I had my way....
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2012, 01:16:21 AM »
If I had my way I'd partition off 25% space left in the fuel tank of my Friedrich. It would be filled with tea, with a direct link to my in c-pit tea pot.  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2012, 01:13:40 PM »
Indeed ENY was a complete joke last night in LWA I will agree.

Bish  &  Knights about 121-122 ish each

Rooks  171

Rooks had an ENY of 1.6 for about 5 minutes then nothing.....NO ENY.   I logged. 

Not that it matters WHO's side had what number, it doesn't.  I change sides if I want to.  It's the system that does not work. 

Any system that allows ANY side to have 50+ player advantage and still be able to up whatever uber rides they care to does not work even in the loosest sense of it's existence.

It would be far better for HTC to admit the current ENY system in LW arena does not work, especially in prime-time weekends when arena populations are the highest (worse yet on small maps), and trash that failed system and have no system at all rather than to continue to defend a system that does absolutely nothing for what HTC tells us it's supposed to.

I'm sure it works fine for the handful of those who do EW and MW where 7 on one side and one or none on another is an issue (percentages).  In LW, yeah, it's a joke.

Oh, and before those who live their lives in bondage of the 12 hour switch rule attempt to use that worn out lever as a solution to this dilema note that those on the 171 side made no attempt to hop to any of the lower team sides as a self-induced balancing fix.  It never happened.  Why should they when there was no ENY kicking in to keep them from upping their favorite uber ride.  If ENY had done it's intended job there may had been that small price to pay--and incentive to help the imbalance by switching.  It doesn't now and didn't when we could hop at will every hour.

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2012, 01:19:46 PM »
Indeed ENY was a complete joke last night in LWA I will agree.

Bish  &  Knights about 121-122 ish each

Rooks  171

Rooks had an ENY of 1.6 for about 5 minutes then nothing.....NO ENY.   I logged. 

Not that it matters WHO's side had what number, it doesn't.  I change sides if I want to.  It's the system that does not work. 

Any system that allows ANY side to have 50+ player advantage and still be able to up whatever uber rides they care to does not work even in the loosest sense of it's existence.

It would be far better for HTC to admit the current ENY system in LW arena does not work, especially in prime-time weekends when arena populations are the highest (worse yet on small maps), and trash that failed system and have no system at all rather than to continue to defend a system that does absolutely nothing for what HTC tells us it's supposed to.

I'm sure it works fine for the handful of those who do EW and MW where 7 on one side and one or none on another is an issue (percentages).  In LW, yeah, it's a joke.

Oh, and before those who live their lives in bondage of the 12 hour switch rule attempt to use that worn out lever as a solution to this dilema note that those on the 171 side made no attempt to hop to any of the lower team sides as a self-induced balancing fix.  It never happened.  Why should they when there was no ENY kicking in to keep them from upping their favorite uber ride.  If ENY had done it's intended job there may had been that small price to pay--and incentive to help the imbalance by switching.  It doesn't now and didn't when we could hop at will every hour.

then why get so upset.  current system no eny,  no system no eny.  most likely you got frustrated about something else and logged just like I did.  I dont really like that map and having to chase vtards all over so I went to play wot.

I didnt consider yesterday a waste of my time but more of a waste of good beer I bought  :cry.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2012, 11:45:57 PM »
Percentage 101

Ex. A  121/171 = .71 or 71% Rooks have force 29% larger than Bish/Knights
Ex. B   50/100 = .5 Rooks STILL have 50 more players but they have a force that is 50% LARGER than other countries.

It goes by percentage, not by # of players

Carry on

:salute

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2012, 09:29:08 PM »
Another Saturday night joke :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »

Whatever it goes by needs an adjustment if one team can have 65 more players and no restrictions.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2012, 06:16:16 AM »
Herr Schnagel,
We need a chart to show what percentage of Ho, ENY, or
other threads of this type on BBS :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2012, 12:01:15 PM »
Percentage 101

Ex. A  121/171 = .71 or 71% Rooks have force 29% larger than Bish/Knights
Ex. B   50/100 = .5 Rooks STILL have 50 more players but they have a force that is 50% LARGER than other countries.

It goes by percentage, not by # of players

Carry on

:salute

Amazing after all the posts that some folks still don't get the fact that WE KNOW IT'S A PERCENTAGE THING.
The problem is that it fails under many conditions such as the many scenarios posted in this thread.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
Threads like these could be stopped in their tracks if hitech, pyro, or other such admin "in the know" would comment on the issue, then perhaps put a tid-bit of information on the home page that an be referenced every time there is a chicken little screaming that the sky is falling.   :aok

I for one think that ENY does not go far enough, but that is my opinion.  But then again, the ENY, OBJ value, OBJ hardness, and many other items are completely arbitrary and are up to changing as HTC sees fit.  Things like the speed of an aircraft, thickness of tank armor, and weight of an ordnance load is not arbitrary since those are NOT up for interpretation, those are absolute based on actual hard data.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
Threads like these could be stopped in their tracks if hitech, pyro, or other such admin "in the know" would comment on the issue, then perhaps put a tid-bit of information on the home page that an be referenced every time there is a chicken little screaming that the sky is falling.   :aok

I for one think that ENY does not go far enough, but that is my opinion.  But then again, the ENY, OBJ value, OBJ hardness, and many other items are completely arbitrary and are up to changing as HTC sees fit.  Things like the speed of an aircraft, thickness of tank armor, and weight of an ordnance load is not arbitrary since those are NOT up for interpretation, those are absolute based on actual hard data.
They most likely will not as you can't please everyone. Some want to be on the low number team, some on the high number team.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2012, 04:31:19 PM »
Quote from: caldera link=topic=328300.msg4322366#msg4322366 date=133a0832474
(Image removed from quote.)
)
Whatever it goes by needs an adjustment if one team can have 65 more players and no restrictions.
adjustments,yes but why restriction? Better start a proportionally perking according with Eny. If you want your P51,enjoy it,but pay 10-20perks. I've seen many times buffs high bombing HQ,and having over 5 can't use the Me163. Well,  me163 shouldn't be subject to eny,only perks.