Author Topic: really true?  (Read 1672 times)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
Re: really true?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »
Now I can truly say I know the Muffinman,
he has graced us on the boards with his presence.

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2012, 05:48:51 PM »
Is it true that David Wales was banned from the forum?

If yes, why?

:salute
yes

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »
he wasn't a player or active participant of this community, just a lonely or bored troll

I doubt that greatly.  It seems that changing in game names so everybody has to guess who the new talented stick is, has become the new past time of a certain sub set of players.  It isn't much of a stretch to think that one of those folks created a shade BBS account simply to play this game.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 12:56:41 AM »
They weren't really, the first few pages of his topics on each forum at least - after that it just became spam.  At one point he was recycling, and non-frequent users of this BBS (like you) would come on and eat it up like fresh bread with butter.  It was becoming blatant.  He also boasted of flooding HTC with emails, so I'm sure that was conductive to their business and our customer dollars if he wasn't just bluffing. 

And I'd bet money the IP he was posting from (likely some proxy or work/school computer) had no history of logging into or attempting to log into the game servers (he wasn't a player or active participant of this community, just a lonely or bored troll).  In anycase, legitimate 10-yo or not, I'll bet a bottle that he wasn't a lost asset to HTCs or the community.

:aok    :old:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 05:49:04 AM »
Read this:

4- Flamebaiting, flaming, being abusing, being disrepectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

Based off of this 95% of the people on the BBS should be banned just like him  :-)
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
Based off of this 95% of the people on the BBS should be banned just like him  :-)

Grumpy dear Grumpy... thou must not attack those that follow David. His essence is in everyone.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2012, 10:00:34 AM »
Grumpy dear Grumpy... thou must not attack those that follow David. His essence is in everyone.

oh i dont attack him, I idolize him!  he was able to bring out a new level of flaming and crude remarks never seen before on the BBS....  He brought out the best in the flaming community and he deserves his recognition to that fact!  I was simply stating that all the flametard remarks he invoked shows the core of the community and their lack of..... well you get the idea.    :rock David   :rock

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2012, 10:28:46 AM »
oh i dont attack him, I idolize him!  he was able to bring out a new level of flaming and crude remarks never seen before on the BBS....  He brought out the best in the flaming community and he deserves his recognition to that fact!  I was simply stating that all the flametard remarks he invoked shows the core of the community and their lack of..... well you get the idea.    :rock David   :rock

True how true  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »

See Rule #5  :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2012, 10:43:28 AM »
See Rule #5  :devil

HA  it would take HTC hiring a full time employee to read every post made on the BBS to enforce this rule....  And then 80% of posts would be erased with the "See rule #5 in its place"