Author Topic: Passed my Checkride!  (Read 742 times)

Offline Sonicblu

• Nickel Member
Re: Passed my Checkride!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »
I'm about halfway through. Six or seven weeks left. We did emergencies today.

Lol that's funny you say don't  scare him. We were doing stalls the other day, and the book answer is to push forward aggressively on the yoke. So that's what I did, we were nose down a good 60 degrees or better. The instructor braced himself with on hand on windshield and one hand on the oh toejamakee handle.  :x

Ya ya ah you don't have to push forward so hard on the yoke, just ease off on the back pressure.

Anyway it is everything I always hoped it would be.

We have flow in only calm no wind. So today we had some real wind, they were going to cancel flights if it got any worse. I told him I really wanted the references for flying in some wind, so we got up early. It was great. The wind  real pushes more than I thought it would.

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2012, 10:17:31 PM »
Haha yeah stalls can be wild rides if you over do the correction. Just remember the examiner will want to see you recover quickly, and then attain a steady vertical rate of climb (power on or power off) since most of the accidents that come from stalls are near the ground (in the pattern on climb-out or base to final). You don't want to keep losing altitude if you're near the ground if you know what I mean. :)

Yeah you definitely have a different dynamic in high winds for sure. Keeps you a lot busier when you're trying to navigate, talk on the radio, and keep your wings level. It will all come in time, but those days where you get out of the plane totally exhausted and frustrated about how the flight went are usually the ones that teach you the most.

Let us know how things progress!  :rock

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 12:33:18 AM »
I saw this and thought of this thread

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:36:39 AM by Tupac »
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 09:38:48 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Haha not sure what the "what society thinks i do" picture represents (I mean i get it, it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense), but pretty accurate overall. :)

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 03:25:55 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

That's only accurate for a very specific type of pilot. 
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »
Great job!
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films