Author Topic: The Brewster  (Read 6461 times)

Offline USAF2010

• Copper Member
Re: The Brewster
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2012, 06:24:50 PM »
Very interesting post  :aok

My question is though, weren't most P-39/P-400's at guadacanal delegated to air support roles during the fight? I remember reading a very interesting article that I believe was posted on the BBS that they were mainly hugging the deck straffing enemy positions... along with having their malfunctions with the 37mm tater gun   :cry
Defensor Fortis - Defenders of the Force
"INCOMING"

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »
IBtFinn?

FALE.

You lose 100 internets.

:D
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 06:13:56 AM »
When the negative things being said are nothing more than thinly veiled whines and not one person has been able to show the Finnish Brewster is incorrectly modeled, are you not surprised that Wmaker may become frustrated by all the B.S?

ack-ack

Has anybody "shown" that the Finnish Brewster is correctly modeled?

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 07:57:53 AM »
sigh *face meet my fat palm*
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 08:55:25 AM »
:rofl oh the irony.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 11:05:23 AM »
Yes.  Next?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 12:19:38 PM »

There has been plenty of verifiable data posted on this very BBS to show that the Finnish Brewster is correctly modeled.  Do you have any verifiable data that proves otherwise?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2012, 08:20:45 AM »
LOL.....My point is that there isn't enough data to prove the flight model is accurate or inaccurate.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 08:27:09 AM »
LOL.....My point is that there isn't enough data to prove the flight model is accurate or inaccurate.

Apparently HTC feels differently, I'm pretty sure they have some defined minimum requirement for confirmed, verifyable data to base the FM on, or they wouldn't have considered it for addition to the game.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 08:47:17 AM »

How did you arrive to this conclusion?

The fact that you haven't seen "enough data" (I doubt you know enough about HTC's modelling process to know what is "not enough data" anyways.) doesn't mean that "enough data" doesn't exist.

There's just as much or more data available about the Brewster than there is for the rest of the planeset.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 09:20:52 AM »
Why is your palm fat? Take a jog....
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 09:34:28 AM »

There has been plenty of verifiable data posted on this very BBS to show that the Finnish Brewster is correctly modeled.  Do you have any verifiable data that proves otherwise?

ack-ack

I tend to stay away from these threads mainly because I have enough sourced information, however I know diddly squat about flight modeling or modeling them ing ame, only whats on paper is what I can assume is correct and give my opinon. From what we have on the Finnish Brewster,its almost identical to what most data I have for the Finnish brewster in some of my books, pretty sure someone translated and documented it well enough that HTC made a decision about it.

This being said, I have no reason to doubt the flight model is incorrect, although I believe its a witch hunt due to AAR's like Midway and Singapore that give the Brewster a bad rap that it should easily be "killed" by all aircraft.

JG 52

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 09:58:16 AM »
I believe its a witch hunt due to AAR's like Midway and Singapore that give the Brewster a bad rap that it should easily be "killed" by all aircraft.

Based on threads about the subject during these last couple years after Brewster's inclusion, that's what it seems to be. So basically it is about lack of knowlegde regarding to the plane type, its variants and history and failure to put those historical events and their reasons into context.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 10:18:06 AM »
This being said, I have no reason to doubt the flight model is incorrect, although I believe its a witch hunt due to AAR's like Midway and Singapore that give the Brewster a bad rap that it should easily be "killed" by all aircraft.
Agreed.  This is the one problem I have with it.  It is being used in settings it has no business being used in.  Really we needed to have two models of the Brewster added, the B-239 used in Finland and then either a B-339E or an F2A3 for use in Pacific settings.  I suspect that alone would have killed most of the whines as they'd have the sucky version they expect and it would be easier for them to understand that the Finnish version was very different in terms of handling.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 10:38:04 AM »
Based on threads about the subject during these last couple years after Brewster's inclusion, that's what it seems to be. So basically it is about lack of knowlegde regarding to the plane type, its variants and history and failure to put those historical events and their reasons into context.

We had a similar situation after the Sherman Firefly was introduced years ago. The word of "Shermans had a weak gun that couldn't kill anything" or "It took five Shermans to kill one Tiger" was resulting in countless whines. Numerous times I tried to explain the difference between various Sherman models, and which types these phrases were referring too.... mostly to no avail.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman