Author Topic: Cant see where .......  (Read 329 times)

Offline tocool

• Zinc Member
Cant see where .......
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:09:21 PM »
Since the new patch, I cant tell where the land ends and the water starts. I was driving on what i thought was land by the water when all of a sudden i just stopped and was notified ,by someone with a better video card than i, that i was in the water. Is there anything I can do with my system to improve this ??

Intel Core I5-2300 @ 2.8
Intel graphics video card - 1760 mb   1440x900
9GB RAM

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Cant see where .......
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:13:38 PM »
Check your advanced graphics settings in AH. See if "detailed water" somehow got unchecked.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »
is that an integrated video chip?  if it is then you're gonna need to get an additional video card installed to run it right.

I'm running i5 650 with the integrated chip and had to install a video card so AH would run correctly.  I've had this computer about 1-1/2 - 2 years and the initial problem I had was the stars were white pixel boxes and other aircraft were black boxes until I closed to within D800. I shot Skuzzy a message and his reply was that the integrated chip in the Core I series didn't have the right kind of oomph(IIRC) for the graphics in AH to display right.

The card I'm running now is Nvidia GeForce GT 430 @ 1gig(was about $90 at best buy).  I have most of the eye candy turned on and am hitting 50-60 fps.  Monitor is maxed at 60.

Here is a screenshot I took of an nme port from 25,000 asl.

Hope this helps some.     :cheers:
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 08:34:53 AM »
I run aces high on integrated ATI HD4200 and turn detailed terrain on as needed but it's detailed water that will let you see the borders of the water with accuracy.

That's what I was using when I watched the original poster get stuck in a "finger" protusion of water along the shore.

Luckily, a true genius had detailed water enabled, navigated around the puddle, and captured the field.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 08:56:57 AM by icepac »