Author Topic: Air Combat Training for idiots  (Read 3159 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Air Combat Training for idiots
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2012, 05:28:36 PM »
Geez Sunsfan, don't you feel like an idiot now eh?  Maybe you didn't see that he was a torpedoman in the navy and he worked on super secret experimental airframe modifications.

Obviously that would give you all the ACM training you could ever want, duh.

You guys are so dumb.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 06:14:15 PM »
Geez Sunsfan, don't you feel like an idiot now eh?  Maybe you didn't see that he was a torpedoman in the navy and he worked on super secret experimental airframe modifications.

Obviously that would give you all the ACM training you could ever want, duh.

You guys are so dumb.

I believe the term was "torpeomans" and his qualifications are obviously much better suited to the subject than an active duty USAF officer's...

I bow down to your wisdom, Sir.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:17:28 PM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 06:18:07 PM »
I believe the term was "torpeoman," and his qualifications are obviously much better suited to the subject than an active duty USAF officer....

lol then u of all ppl should not be defending the stink "YOUR thumb where MY sun dont shine" mentallity

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2012, 06:20:53 PM »
I believe the term was "torpeoman," and his qualifications are obviously much better suited to the subject than an active duty USAF officer....

No he said he was an Ex Torpedoman's Mate.... he's under the actual Torpedoman (polishing his torpedo)
xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2012, 06:22:38 PM »
Really no sense in it but for ur curiousty !! Ex TM torpeomans m8 for the USN, Ex aircraft structures mechanic for Timco where I worked on an experimental airframe refabrication on Boeing 767's, where if u REALLY WANT TO LOOK LIKE AN DOUHNUT HOLE, I can actually put u intouch with a HR rep at the company that can verify it !! but ofcourse if u want it that bad U will probably REALLY have to ask for her forgiveness just so u dont sound like a "___"

Listen bud I flew my first plane at 12 years old, whether u WISH to accept that sometimes there ARE ppl qualified to speak on a WIDE varielty of subjects that u might not be as educated as u think u are, is up to U, but beware that closed mindedness is the shield to hide low intelligence !

<salute>

and just so u know u would be VERY surprised at all the imformation at ur fingertips if u really truely wanted to make urself a better person and atleast educate ur self on things that u find possibly interesting.

NO OFFENSE meant, but I have always believed that if u do not know details of a subject to back up what things u might say by involving the rest of humanity into a social enterprise then PLEASE stay away from me.

1. If you are going to insult someone's intelligence, the least you could do is use real words, and spell correctly.

2. ACM does allow for the HO. If a pilot decides that's his best chance of winning, he will MANEUVER his plane into that position to fire. Now, in the context of a game like Aces High (a game of skill vs skill), HOs are usually a lame tactic, but in real life they were used all the time.

3. Quoting a Wikipedia article as your main argument is so out there retarded that I question almost everything you say. Just because it says the word "behind" doesn't exclude the possibility of a frontal attack.

4. You flew your first plane at 12? Is that when the CIA recruited you to fly F16s?

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »

4. You flew your first plane at 12? Is that when the CIA recruited you to fly F16s?

Honestly i think it's when he finally figured out the folding directions for making a paper airplane.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:36:30 PM by 68ZooM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2012, 06:30:23 PM »
I believe the term was "torpeomans" and his qualifications are obviously much better suited to the subject than an active duty USAF officer's...

Funny ...  I got a squadie who active USAF also.... seems to me that he can corroberate everything that I have researched and tell me alot more that i didnt know either......um so whats ur point !!!!!!!

Offline Moelders

• Zinc Member
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2012, 06:33:48 PM »
Funny ...  I got a squadie who active USAF also.... seems to me that he can corroberate everything that I have researched and tell me alot more that i didnt know either......um so whats ur point !!!!!!!

Good day to you Sir, I believe you have made "my point," by simply posting in the manner that you are.

-- But to reiterate...wikipedia makes for a toejamty source.
-- Your background does not support the statements that you made.
-- Spell check is your friend.
-- And I am bored, and am enjoying clubbing BBS stupidity.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:40:34 PM by Moelders »
JG5-Eismeer
AkA PapaJohn
AkA Moelders
AkA Yoda
AkA Olds

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »

sentances

This was the last straw. No more needed to be read.
See Rule #4

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 07:00:35 PM »
So there seems to be quite a few ppl who think they know about ACM's and such. Well over 90 percent of the comments i have seen ppl post about ACM's, have absolutely NO idea of what they are talking about. If I had a month to do thread research here in the forums, i would be able to fill pages of misguided thoughts and comments. below is a link to the Wiki page, which yes not all info in wiki is acurate but a good majority is, and u can tell the accurate info just by doing more research to verify what it says. The link below should help guide some of yall know it alls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_combat_manoeuvring

Now also i have taken a few sentances and posted them here for those that are too lazy to research proper ACM tactics.

Air combat manoeuvring (also spelled: air combat maneuvering, or ACM) is the art of manoeuvring a combat aircraft in order to attain a position from which an attack can be made on another aircraft. It relies on offensive and defensive basic fighter manoeuvring (BFM) in order to gain an advantage over an aerial opponent.

Pilots achieved firing position while avoiding the threat of enemy guns by manoeuvring behind the enemy aircraft. This is known as getting on an aircraft's six o'clock or tail, plus a wide variety of other terms, usually coined by air crews. This type of combat became known as dogfighting. Oswald Boelcke, a German fighter ace during World War One, was the first to publish the basic rules for aerial combat manoeuvring in 1916, known as the Dicta Boelcke.[4][5] He advised pilots to attack from the direction of the sun (towards which the defending pilot could not see), or to fly at a higher altitude than the opponent. Most of these rules are still as valuable nowadays as they were a century ago.

A pilot in combat attempts to conserve his aircraft’s energy through carefully timed and executed manoeuvres. By using such manoeuvres, a pilot will often make trade offs between the fighter’s potential energy (altitude), and kinetic energy (airspeed), to maintain the energy-to-weight ratio of the aircraft, or the “specific energy”.[6] A manoeuvre such as the “low yo-yo” trades altitude for airspeed to gain closure on an enemy, and to decrease turn radius. The opposite manoeuvre, a “high yo-yo” trades speed for height, literally storing energy in “the altitude bank”,[8] which allows a fast moving attacker to slow his closing speed.[6][9]

The manoeuvres employed by the attacker can also be used by the defender to evade, or gain a tactical advantage over his opponent. Other components may also be employed to manoeuvre the aircraft, such as yaw, drag, lift, and thrust vectors.[6] A key factor in all battles is that of "nose-tail separation." While getting close enough to fire a weapon, an attacker must keep his aircraft's nose far enough away from the tail of the defender to be able to get a good aim, and to prevent an overshoot. The defender, likewise, will use every manoeuvre available to encourage an overshoot, trying to change his own role to that of attacker.[6]

LOL have fun understanding what this means, I know that for some of yall it will be total gibberish

Trying to bring civilization and culture to the primitive natives has been tried before you, and by greater nations and armies.

lol Im done <S>

K.  Thanks for trying to help.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:02:34 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2012, 07:03:37 PM »
-- And I am bored, and am enjoying clubbing BBS stupidity.

I'm witchawifdat homey mchomestyle.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2012, 07:25:08 PM »
For the record Jackyl, you did suck at Fighter Ace...  :bolt:

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2012, 07:27:16 PM »
So I have been performing incorrects ACM's all along... :confused:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »
Really no sense in it but for ur curiousty !! Ex TM torpeomans m8 for the USN, Ex aircraft structures mechanic for Timco where I worked on an experimental airframe refabrication on Boeing 767's, where if u REALLY WANT TO LOOK LIKE AN DOUHNUT HOLE, I can actually put u intouch with a HR rep at the company that can verify it !! but ofcourse if u want it that bad U will probably REALLY have to ask for her forgiveness just so u dont sound like a "___"

Listen bud I flew my first plane at 12 years old, whether u WISH to accept that sometimes there ARE ppl qualified to speak on a WIDE varielty of subjects that u might not be as educated as u think u are, is up to U, but beware that closed mindedness is the shield to hide low intelligence !

<salute>

and just so u know u would be VERY surprised at all the imformation at ur fingertips if u really truely wanted to make urself a better person and atleast educate ur self on things that u find possibly interesting.

NO OFFENSE meant, but I have always believed that if u do not know details of a subject to back up what things u might say by involving the rest of humanity into a social enterprise then PLEASE stay away from me.

Say Hi to Adonai for me.   I bet you were his cabana boy at Miramar. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 08:28:16 PM »
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07