Author Topic: 1 Kill...  (Read 543 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
1 Kill...
« on: March 03, 2012, 05:26:23 PM »
Amazing news everyone!   :x   See if you can top this:

I saw a gigantic green dar bar over an enemy field, so I decided to take a chance and fly a Tempest over to help my brothers in need.  Can't figure out why the Tempest is perked.  It can't turn with a Brewster or catch a 262, so what gives, HTC?!!! 

Anyway, I got to the target area without a moment to spare.  Most of the hangars were down and there was a chance an enemy might be able to get off the ground.  I had to act fast, in spite of the danger.  The ack was all down but there was a real problem seeing through all the fire and smoke.  It is very difficult to attack like that.  It takes a real ace to navigate through all that without crashing into the ground at 500 mph. 

Then the alert went out: "UPPER ON THE RUNWAY ZOMFG!!!!"  The entire mission could be in jeopardy if that IL-2 could catch one of our goons that were laying a carpet of troops over the town!  With the aid of two dozen or so of my fellow countrymen, I swooped in without regard for my own safety.  It was hard to see with all the tracer rounds firing over my shoulder but my aim was true - even though the Il-2 had started rolling!  Really impressive shooting if I say so myself.  The whole thing was really scary but I did it and thought everyone should know.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: 1 Kill...
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 05:28:38 PM »
What a true hero  :salute
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 05:53:07 PM »
It's stories like these that make me come back and play the game.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 05:56:35 PM »
this is win  :banana:

-AoM-

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 06:03:22 PM »

Your bravery under such dire circumstances is to be commended.  Your story shall be told to all future generations!

:aok
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 11:32:08 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2012, 11:48:03 PM »
I can top it.  there was a call for one of our based being bomber to hell by high b17's just an hour or two ago.  I up from a nearbase and looking on dar I see a con showing right where my icon is.  I start looking up to see where the damn b17's are  couldnt find a dot since I heard the b17's were really high.  I put my airplane sideways to get a better look and just hapen to see a goon not right under me.  I started laughing then i dove from 5k for easy kill called out location and we found 3 more goons in the general vecinity.

the b17's proceeded to bomb the crap out of our base and kept going in their high alt heading.  we killed most of the fighters that were trying to keep a cap on the base.  there was two full bars in our sector.  anyway after we killed them or maybe they dove crashed their bombs into town most of them.  I saw only a couple of fighters left being pursued by our defenders.  I noticed no friendlies over town except for a couple of gv's running from out spawn.  I decided to take a look and there was some guy on the floor with troops running.  damn sneaky bastage almost got the base.  we killed him and the troops.

I landed 3 kills and 1 fighter fighter kill that I stole from 999 :).   damn b17's kept going and killed our hq.  I hate them bastages that take advantage.  after landing and spawning from another base since ours was dead.  we managed to kill another goon that had landed and troops were running again.

moral of the story.  kill dar first and goons dont get fancy and land troops, had any of both goons dropped the troops we wouldnt have had time to get there on time.

like they say in world of tanks.  it's rude to distract an enemy when he's making a mistake.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2012, 11:51:18 PM »
It's stories like these that make me come back and play the game.
Unless you were the IL-2  :D
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2012, 11:53:39 PM »
 :rofl Just remembered from my early days of flying (when I was a squeeker) I got into a fight with a zero while I was in a single B24, guy was such a noob, I was not only able to turn with him but I got behind him and shot him down with my front guns alone, bs you say? Ask Slipknot (or whatever the heck his name is now) on the Knights in Purple arena or mid war I have no idea, he has the recording of me doing it from a distance
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 01:03:09 AM »

I saw a gigantic green dar bar over an enemy field, so I decided to take a chance and fly a Tempest over to help my brothers in need.  Can't figure out why the Tempest is perked.  It can't turn with a Brewster or catch a 262, so what gives, HTC?!!! 

Anyway, I got to the target area without a moment to spare.  Most of the hangars were down and there was a chance an enemy might be able to get off the ground.  I had to act fast, in spite of the danger.  The ack was all down but there was a real problem seeing through all the fire and smoke.  It is very difficult to attack like that.  It takes a real ace to navigate through all that without crashing into the ground at 500 mph. 

Then the alert went out: "UPPER ON THE RUNWAY ZOMFG!!!!"  The entire mission could be in jeopardy if that IL-2 could catch one of our goons that were laying a carpet of troops over the town!  With the aid of two dozen or so of my fellow countrymen, I swooped in without regard for my own safety.  It was hard to see with all the tracer rounds firing over my shoulder but my aim was true - even though the Il-2 had started rolling!  Really impressive shooting if I say so myself.  The whole thing was really scary but I did it and thought everyone should know.

I shall recommend you for the Congressional Vulcher of Valor, so all may recognize your bravery and skillz in the downing of the vicious IL2.

For intrepid vulcher skill at the risk of his perk points while flying a Tempest in dangerous smoke and the ever present chance of a kill shot on himself. His didication to mission accomplishment by his selfless acts of destroying and utterly demoralizing the defense of hoarded field reflect great credit upon himself, the hoard and cartoon pilets everywhere.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 03:55:38 AM »
wow. i was shaking so hard just reading the 2nd paragraph

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2012, 04:03:16 AM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl You answered the call!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2012, 06:22:01 AM »
 :rofl :rofl 1 upper on the runway, and" two dozen or so" of your buddies in vulch mode.
Yeah, that sounds like it was challenging :aok :rofl :rofl

:cheers: Oz
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:24:13 AM by ozrocker »
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2012, 06:33:55 AM »
I got vulched upping under a cap with my wing departing as I rolled.

I stupidly bailed instead of ending flight so I ran over to the refueling buildings about 100 feet away and found the sweet spot where the field ack can't hit and watched the troops raining down on the town.

When the field changed ownership, a few guys rearmed right in front of me so I put a bullet into each plane as it rearmed as well as the enemy who spawned 100 feet away.

One guy rearming got a pilot wound and ended flight there but the rest flew away.

I went AFK and came back to see the kill messages from 11 of the 14 I shot.

The war doesn't end with your airplane no longer being able to fly..........it's just beginning.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
I shall recommend you for the Congressional Vulcher of Valor, so all may recognize your bravery and skillz in the downing of the vicious IL2.

For intrepid vulcher skill at the risk of his perk points while flying a Tempest in dangerous smoke and the ever present chance of a kill shot on himself. His didication to mission accomplishment by his selfless acts of destroying and utterly demoralizing the defense of hoarded field reflect great credit upon himself, the hoard and cartoon pilets everywhere.

Thank you for that recommendation, sir.  I will take the liberty of seconding your recommendation for me to receive that high honor.  I also will humbly accept the award on behalf of all of us there; especially the ones that were not as experten as I was, that ended up killshooting themselves or face planting into the tarmac.  It was a terrible and costly fight but we all knew the risks that fateful day and no one backed down.  <S> to those who never came back.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."