Author Topic: Perfect Bombing Approach  (Read 799 times)

Offline stran

• Copper Member
Perfect Bombing Approach
« on: March 05, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »
I wanted to show a squadmate how I lined up my approach for a bombing run so i decided to post here as well.

I drop bombs at the cruising speed with bomb doors open and max throttle so a good tip on calibration is to know what speed you need to be at, at your planned altitude.
chop throttle or nose down to quickly get to cruising speed.

with practice your can make your turn to approach heading, adjust speed, and calibrate all within the radar circle and hit your targets dead on.

Remember to zoom in on target to get your bomb release timing as accurate as you can.
Squash

Offline stran

• Copper Member
Re: Perfect Bombing Approach
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 05:09:12 AM »
Heading

I orient my plane icon on the map to find my heading and it is sufficient. Just by eyeballing the icon to point towards the field base.
To improve on this, one could printout the map and find the exact heading in degrees using a protractor.
Squash

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 10:09:41 AM »
I'm not sure if I was hallucinating last night but it was the first time I noticed that the bases were not all oriented to north the way they are on the map.  Is this correct or am I mistaken,(are all the bases oriented the same way, all clipboard maps the same?)
Pies not kicks.

Offline LCAMerciful

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 10:37:22 AM »
I'm not sure if I was hallucinating last night but it was the first time I noticed that the bases were not all oriented to north the way they are on the map.  Is this correct or am I mistaken,(are all the bases oriented the same way, all clipboard maps the same?)

On some maps some of the bases have different orientations but probably 90+% of them are just like on the maps.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »

A problem you are not showing on your map is that you would be spotted on A63's radar before you broke Dar for A-53. Thus allowing fighters to scramble and intercept. Another angle would be better in this situation. The faster you get on target after breaking Dar the better.
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline stran

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:48:21 PM »
  A problem you are not showing on your map is that you would be spotted on A63's radar before you broke Dar for A-53. Thus allowing fighters to scramble and intercept. Another angle would be better in this situation. The faster you get on target after breaking Dar the better.

good thing I'm a knight.
Squash

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2012, 09:32:21 AM »
  Traitor! Bombing your own field.  :noid
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.