Author Topic: Your non-aviation addictions?  (Read 600 times)

Offline Grayeagle

• Silver Member
Re: Your non-aviation addictions?
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 03:48:59 PM »
Yanno ..

.. went to look at a Kimber .45 (Desert Warrior) ..shoots ACP .. makin my own ammo for it I could 'do' 2k rounds in a day of fun at the range with it..

..would be another hobby and a bit of change to get into but it does appeal.

Tempting.

-Frank aka GE
'The better I shoot ..the less I have to manuever'
-GE

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »
Making my own ammo.

Recent addiction but I can't stop.

No I can stop anytime I want. Ok? OK!?  :D

(Image removed from quote.)

Are those .30-06?

I wish I had the initial capital to invest in getting all of those tools to start saving money lol.  Hand casting your own bullets is pretty hard core.
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »
Are those .30-06?

I wish I had the initial capital to invest in getting all of those tools to start saving money lol.  Hand casting your own bullets is pretty hard core.

Yup 30-06. Cost about a 600$ worth of tools and 400$ worth of expandable. The cast bullets Really are just for plinking. Bring my cost down to about 12cents/round, 4.6cents worth of powder, 3.6cents for a gas check and 4.2 cent for the primer. With a small charge like I'm using, the brass will last forever and with a reduced charge like, that the 30-06 does not kick harder than a 223. Good load for the wife and kiddo when he get old enough. Good for me too as you can shoot the thing all day without bruising. And man is it a fun hobby! I've had the time of my life assembling those.
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »
Yup 30-06. Cost about a 600$ worth of tools and 400$ worth of expandable. The cast bullets Really are just for plinking. Bring my cost down to about 12cents/round, 4.6cents worth of powder, 3.6cents for a gas check and 4.2 cent for the primer. With a small charge like I'm using, the brass will last forever and with a reduced charge like, that the 30-06 does not kick harder than a 223. Good load for the wife and kiddo when he get old enough. Good for me too as you can shoot the thing all day without bruising. And man is it a fun hobby! I've had the time of my life assembling those.

oh cmon. let the little one let some of the bigger lead loose! when I was 8 years old I was slingin 180 grains at deer.

I remember the first round I reloaded. the spent shell from my first buck. Its the only bullet I use to deer hunt with now. that casing has dropped 17 bucks and 13 doe.