Author Topic: Big Blue Mission  (Read 981 times)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Big Blue Mission
« on: March 11, 2012, 01:21:13 PM »
Thank you all who joined the Big Blue Mission last night.  Not being a regular mission planner I was astonished by the response.  I thought I'd have a hard time filling the spots I origionally planned but in the end I couldn't add spots fast enough to keep up with everyone who wanted to join.

For those that missed it we must have had 60 F4U-1A's (light), F4U-1D's (heavy), F6F-5's (heavy) and FM2's (light) lifting from a turning carrier.  It looked awsome.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Big Blue pill
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 01:40:58 PM »
hmmm helps dont it.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: Big Blue Mission
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 01:41:05 PM »
Film or it didn't happen
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 06:49:12 PM »
Bish? Had to be bish!?

Rooks are too drunk and having fun to get organised in a tower for more than 5 minutes.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »
Thank you all who joined the Big Blue Mission last night.  Not being a regular mission planner I was astonished by the response.  I thought I'd have a hard time filling the spots I origionally planned but in the end I couldn't add spots fast enough to keep up with everyone who wanted to join.

For those that missed it we must have had 60 F4U-1A's (light), F4U-1D's (heavy), F6F-5's (heavy) and FM2's (light) lifting from a turning carrier.  It looked awsome.

And you all hit one V-base right?  :neener:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 07:33:18 PM »

hehehe
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »
Film or it didn't happen

I didn't film it but was hoping someone who was there would at least post a screenshot.

Bish? Had to be bish!?

Rooks are too drunk and having fun to get organised in a tower for more than 5 minutes.

Of course it was Bish.

And you all hit one V-base right?  :neener:

No but we did all hit one airfield town leaving the airfield intact which then spawned an enemy Wirble counter-attack then another field battle then a port attack and CV vs CV battle.  So even though my initial mission ended as an unintended horde attack it spawned a lot of legitimate action afterward.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »
no guess again it was a port.. :O.. ya it was a good turn out med field
goon had to fly 5 sectors :neener:

Offline vTM

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »
Well Bald it was fillmed. I got the whole thing. SO dmgod it did happen an i spawned a wave of action afterward.
vTAXMAN

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »
...and they all spent their time vulching a base. lol I got off the ground a couple of times so you might want to add more spots next time.

Was not impressed but it was the largest mission I'd ever seen in game.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 09:15:53 AM »
Well Bald it was fillmed. I got the whole thing. SO dmgod it did happen an i spawned a wave of action afterward.

We saw it on radar, along with Shuffler's lone dot.   :lol

If you can, take some screenshots without the names/plane IDs turned on. :)
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 09:32:51 AM »
 :huh i'll never understand the massive unopposed hoard mentality. Glad you had fun, but I'd rather poke my eyes out with a stick then join one of those missions. Call me crazy, but you guys being so proud of that is the lamest thing I've heard so far today. Luckily it's still early.  :bhead
Lighten up Francis

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »
Wish I had been there. My ACM hero is Cpt Davd McCampbell, USN (R) MOH. I've always wanted, and attempted to organize a few McCampbell raids in his honor. The dream is to up 70+ F6Fs and terrorize an airfield.

One of these days...wish I had been there.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 10:15:46 AM »
:huh i'll never understand the massive unopposed hoard mentality. Glad you had fun, but I'd rather poke my eyes out with a stick then join one of those missions. Call me crazy, but you guys being so proud of that is the lamest thing I've heard so far today. Luckily it's still early.  :bhead
here comes the :cry every county does it only then they do it its called team work :headscratch:  :noid

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 10:24:02 AM »
Was not impressed but it was the largest mission I'd ever seen in game.

Must not have seen Karaya's Candy Mountain Stuka mission a few years ago...IIRC there were 55 Stukas  :rock

(this was taken from my POV and I was midway in the pack)

Sorry for the quality.  This was back in 07.  Long before I upgraded my computer
Tours 86 - 296