Author Topic: Spitdweeb: Or, what's wrong with flying the Spit?  (Read 7817 times)

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
Re: Spitdweeb: Or, what's wrong with flying the Spit?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2012, 02:39:08 PM »
I suppose it's the popularity of the plane that bothers me, like the LA7.

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »
If Wofat in Spit...you get die from a Spit.  Plane small part.  Pilot bigr part.  :old:

Spit FUN two fly!

(plane name here) Dweeb = many pilot luv.  We all luv game so it be.

Some planes hardly require a pilot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Wofat

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »
Some planes hardly require a pilot.

If Wofat on you six ... you better bee perk plane for chance.  Plane no save you too good.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: March 22, 2012, 02:51:56 PM »
If Wofat on you six ... you better bee perk plane for chance.  Plane no save you too good.

OK :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2012, 02:55:05 PM »
If Wofat in Spit...you get die from a Spit.  Plane small part.  Pilot bigr part.  :old:

Spit FUN two fly!

(plane name here) Dweeb = many pilot luv.  We all luv game so it be.

I love those who speak of their spitness in 3rd person....oddly dweebish in its own right and wreaks of drug addiction.

But here's the deal....Spits are great at nothing but good at everything and someone that knows them, slow and flaps down in a stall fight?  The Flaps-down spit will get the angle much faster and more efficiently than just about any plane in the set....if you know her.  If you don't, you'll fumble through a slow death.  I suspect that is the case with every plane....if you know it and have it's muscle memory down, you're deadly in that one.

Oh, titanic, Im IN on your Royal Spitness
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »

Oh, titanic, Im IN on your Royal Spitness

I want your soul.  :noid

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 04:52:36 PM »
I suppose it's the popularity of the plane that bothers me, like the LA7.
In the last full tour the P-51D had more kills and deaths than the La-7 and Spitfire Mk XVI combined.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 05:00:07 PM »
In the last full tour the P-51D had more kills and deaths than the La-7 and Spitfire Mk XVI combined.
I reckon that's because the 51D carries 3000 lbs of ord and can catch most other planes as well as escape from bad situations. Because of that, you see alot of P51D raids......the vGuys are a good example of this.

Spitfires suffer from the same curse as the 51s. Too many people fly them because they're very forgiving, great vis, good guns and do alot of things very well. A player with limited skill can be reasonably successful against the average player.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:04:39 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 05:06:17 PM »
Spitfires suffer from the same curse as the 51s. Too many people fly them because they're very forgiving, great vis, good guns and do alot of things very well. A player with limited skill can be reasonably successful against the average player.

only if the player flying against the Spitfire is average too.   

We could discuss this all day but when it comes down to it the pilot IMO makes up for 90% of the outcome.   SA, Gunnery and aerial prowess.  You need all three to be an ace! 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:40 PM »

Isn't 'player with limited skill' the very definition of the 'average player'?  I think that's the main reason people get so irate with spits.  People are thinking  'He wouldn't have beaten me in my morally superior 109/p47/p38/whatever if he hadn't been in a spitfire.'

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 05:26:32 PM »
only if the player flying against the Spitfire is average too.   

We could discuss this all day but when it comes down to it the pilot IMO makes up for 90% of the outcome.   SA, Gunnery and aerial prowess.  You need all three to be an ace! 

:old: :rock

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 05:30:57 PM »
Isn't 'player with limited skill' the very definition of the 'average player'?  I think that's the main reason people get so irate with spits.  People are thinking  'He wouldn't have beaten me in my morally superior 109/p47/p38/whatever if he hadn't been in a spitfire.'

Wiley.
There's no doubt that the Spitfires are easier to fly then the 3 examples you mentioned..IMO.But it's goes back to what Bruv said. You have to fly smart against them, make your shots count when you have them and watch your arse all at the same time. Alot of guys will get caught up turning with them at the wrong time or catch one in the face when the spit reverses. Your best success against them is to not play into their hand. They are a good fight but I kill more spitfires then any other plane...have for a long time now. It just took me thousands of deaths to figure out what they could and couldn't do before I could bag them  :lol

We could discuss this all day but when it comes down to it the pilot IMO makes up for 90% of the outcome.   SA, Gunnery and aerial prowess.  You need all three to be an ace!  
That's it right there. I seen Grimm kill 3 51Ds above 15k one morning in his Hurri2C within about 2 minutes  :lol
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:48:05 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 05:50:25 PM »
That's it right there. I seen Grimm kill 3 51Ds above 15k one morning in his Hurri2C within about 2 minutes  :lol

that's because 1vs1 the Hurri2C is the most deadly plane in the game. :aok

and the epitome of easy mode.

at 15 K its basically untouchable...that is if you know the plane.....the best fight I ever won was a 5vs1 me in Hurri2 against 51's and a 38.

and no not one HO :old:

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »
Yeah but everyone here would say the 51's and 38s are better then a Hurricane. And I would agree. The problem they had is they probably thought their planes would fill in the blanks where ACM lacked. That's a mistake that most spit and mustang drivers make i think.
Lighten up Francis

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
Yeah but everyone here would say the 51's and 38s are better then a Hurricane. And I would agree. The problem they had is they probably thought their planes would fill in the blanks where ACM lacked. That's a mistake that most spit and mustang drivers make i think.

I'll take on anyone in those planes in my Hurri :t

they are only better in the real world, for survival..... in this game the hurri2C will destroy them even if the sticks are great....

I know.... been there done that  :aok

going ingame if there are any takers.....look for JETSOM he is back.