Author Topic: Frame Rate  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Frame Rate
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:43:07 PM »
I dont work in IT or understand much about it. I spent about £200 up gradeing my stuff in january and was able to load high res and have detailed map and water as well and a really good frame rates. Lately my rate is getting worse and worse and I am hainving to switch things off. Every day people are complaining to me about the same thing and they have higher end computers. These people are now talking about packing it in and going to world of tanks becase they think nothing is going to be done about it.

I think its a shame if something can be done that it isn;t being if it can't well baring in mind people have spent allot more money than I am willing to on their rigs eg $1500 and still arnt happy I will wait until the game is unplayable and then try world of tanks myself.

What have others expererience been?   
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Frame Rate
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:57:41 PM »
I haven't seen much change in my frame rates. I've got v-sync forced on, so it pegs out at 60. Sometimes it drops to the low 50's or high 40's for brief periods. I've got nothing special; GTX260 vid card and a dual-core Intel processor with 4Gb RAM on Windows 7.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 12:58:37 PM »
No problems ever since. Turning down ground clutter helped with stutter for me a bit. Try different drivers, go in your GFX panel and mess with the settings, see if it helps. Vsync on or off, turn off AA. Defrag, disk clean up, clear registries.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 01:02:24 PM »
It's been said that the game takes 10% more ressources whatever you detail settings are since patch 2. Its expected but not communicated to the players and it is a shame.

check this thread, you may find a few clues

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,330249.0.html

I myself spent about 180€ upgrading my computer just to experiment FPS issues that I didn't have before.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:05:14 PM by Noir »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 01:03:02 PM »
I dont work in IT or understand much about it. I spent about £200 up gradeing my stuff in january and was able to load high res and have detailed map and water as well and a really good frame rates. Lately my rate is getting worse and worse and I am hainving to switch things off. Every day people are complaining to me about the same thing and they have higher end computers. These people are now talking about packing it in and going to world of tanks becase they think nothing is going to be done about it.

I think its a shame if something can be done that it isn;t being if it can't well baring in mind people have spent allot more money than I am willing to on their rigs eg $1500 and still arnt happy I will wait until the game is unplayable and then try world of tanks myself.

What have others expererience been?   
frame rate for me with has been at 59-60 with all details on h res texture pack@ 2048 texture's 2048 Shadow textures and all sliders maxed. they have been going further down all the way to 25 then i reinstalled the game and they are back up to 59-60fps very weird
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 01:06:10 PM »
frame rate for me with has been at 59-60 with all details on h res texture pack@ 2048 texture's 2048 Shadow textures and all sliders maxed. they have been going further down all the way to 25 then i reinstalled the game and they are back up to 59-60fps very weird
Is it because of your overclocking?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2012, 01:18:57 PM »
My last purchase
€ 700 new computer
€ 150 Joystick
€ 190 TrackIR 5
But I can not play  :mad:

I do not pleasure looking for other drivers. Why?
Before that everything was fine
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »
My last purchase
€ 700 new computer
€ 150 Joystick
€ 190 TrackIR 5
But I can not play  :mad:

I do not pleasure looking for other drivers. Why?
Before that everything was fine

if you took the time to actually look for a solution I'm sure we could work something out.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 01:44:14 PM »
what exactly is in your computer?  after the last update my fps actually improved to where i play with shadows at 4096.  and to be honest with you I play with 60 fps with 3 screens in aces high, but in world of tanks using 3 screens my fps drop to the 20-30's.

if you have an nvidia card there was a driver update that greatly improved performance.  it was released about 2 weeks ago.  it's the 296.10, perhaps you should upgrade them.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 01:54:23 PM »
  I couldn't afford to upgrade my 2005 dell so I thought I was SOL when these new versions came out. But to my suprise and following performance tips in the support forums here I am able to run game ok. I also loaded the latest drivers from Nvidia, cleaned up the hard drive, and limited the amount of processes running during play.

When hearing the problems with others who did spend good money on thier rigs can there be other issues?
 Is running windows 7 a problem? It seems to do alot more in the background. I have XP at home and W7 at work.
  There is a thread on this topic in the support forums.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,330249.0.html
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:55:59 PM by Slate »
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 01:59:46 PM »
I have a phenom quad core
8GB of memory
HD6970
Acer predator pc

I have hi res, self shadows on, ground clutter on.

Local reflections are nice but will vastly reduces frame rates .

60fsp is usual :)

I still think my pc is 4 years old and regardless of upgrades is starting to show its age.

I know that you can get obsessive over frame rates if your not carful, stable frame rates is the main aim I think.

You can have that 550ti Yarbles :) (if you repent from your wickedness)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »
Most of the time it is your settings and not the game. You are the only one I have seen threaten to pack it in and go to a xbox type game with no planes.

If you really like flying I'd suggest investigating and trying some changes other than just shutting visual quality down.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 09:05:12 PM »
The new version drastically reduced my frame rates & increased stutters. I have turned off ground clutter, reduced res, went to 512 textures, turned off AA, updated to the drivers that semp suggested.  Doesn't  seem to have made much difference. Before the last update I had things ramped up pretty good & used hires text, AA, etc..  Was a huge hit for me with the new version. Glad some of you guys have good enough systems to play the game with all of the eye candy. I didn't see anything wrong with the way it was before. At least I could enjoy the graphics then. :cry
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »
The new version drastically reduced my frame rates & increased stutters. I have turned off ground clutter, reduced res, went to 512 textures, turned off AA, updated to the drivers that semp suggested.  Doesn't  seem to have made much difference. Before the last update I had things ramped up pretty good & used hires text, AA, etc..  Was a huge hit for me with the new version. Glad some of you guys have good enough systems to play the game with all of the eye candy. I didn't see anything wrong with the way it was before. At least I could enjoy the graphics then. :cry

Call us, there is no reason you should see much of a change in frame rate then previously.

HiTech

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »
 My frame rate was 60 before this last patch now it is in single digits. I reloaded the game and that did help. I run the game with everything turned off on 512. I don't have the best video card it is a GForce-8400 with a 4GB computer and fiber optic connection. As for World of Tanks I did not like it it only has mouse play no joy stick. All the tanks have an icon and the artillery is as deadly and bombs in Aces High. The game play in Aces High is far superior. However I was in a large squad (SOAR) that all the members of it are in WoT now except me and That can have it.