Author Topic: setting up the city complex for an ma terrain?  (Read 674 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
setting up the city complex for an ma terrain?
« on: March 27, 2012, 11:57:15 AM »
how is it done correctly?

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline MachNix

• Nickel Member
Re: setting up the city complex for an ma terrain?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 01:26:07 PM »
Under the Objects Tab there is a Shape Group called "citcompx" that has all the individual city tiles/shapes.  bellybutton you probably know, select where to place the city, highlight/select "citcompx" in the Shape Groups, and click the Add Shape/Group button.  You will need a flat area 7 sector wide by 8 sectors tall and the Obj Report will let you now if the terrain is not level under the city complex.

The Object Properties are:
Object Type: Group Master
Ownership: Country: #
Zone: # (See Note)
The remaining properties are default.

Note: Country 1 will have zones 1, 4, 7, etc.  Country 2 will have zones 2, 5, 8, etc. Country 3 will have zones 3, 6, 9, etc.  The highest number zone for a country will be displayed first and you will have to have fields assigned to that zone for the city to show.  When a field within that zone is captured, the city complex within that zone disappears and the next highest zone is displayed.  For example country 1 will display the city complex for zone 7 first as long as there are fields within zone and they all belong to country 1.  When a field within zone 7 is captured, zone 7's city complex disappears and the city complex for zone 4 is shown.  When (and if) a field within zone 4 is captured, zone 4's city complex disappears and zone 1's city is displayed.  Zone 1 will continue to display even if a zone 1 field is captured.

Each of the factories will get train track for resupply.  The Create All button under the Roads Tab should create them correctly.

The Road Properties are:
Length: 10 Miles
Track Type: Train Track
Track Name: ? not sure what the default name will be.
Resource Type: All Contry Objects
Visual Only: unchecked
Destination: Radius 2.000 Miles

There where problems with a newer version of the TE running on my machine and I went back to version 2.21 Patch 3 (which still works) so I don't know if they made any changes to the way the cities are installed but hope the above helps.

GL

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: setting up the city complex for an ma terrain?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:51:48 PM »
Be sure to make a backup of your oba and elv files BEFORE you set a citcompx. Track the offset from your initial drop point to where it actually places it to the south east.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001