Author Topic: Bombing Run Guide  (Read 338 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Bombing Run Guide
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:11:24 AM »
Would it be possible to add a function to the Clip Board Map, that would allow you to draw a line through your aircraft, to project your direction of travel? Sometimes it is nice to plot out your course well ahead of your arrival to make sure you are in fact on course over the planned target. :joystick: Did that come out right? :headscratch:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TheMercinary60

• Copper Member
Re: Bombing Run Guide
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 02:02:37 AM »
i bomb all the time, after awhile you can figure out about where your gonna be. i never have to adjust more the 100 feet or so
Formally Merc flying with the 99th Blue Lagoon Bandits
I wish people would use the wish list forum to post their brilliant ideas, and be smart enough to not post all their stupid ones.

But I am under no disillusions of my wish ever being fulfilled.

HiTech - in response to davidwales

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 02:18:22 AM »
+1

I have that in my plane so I see no reason not to have it in AH. We already have a moving map so might as well.
Don't need anything complex. So just change that aircraft in the center to the one that had a line sticking out of it.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 02:34:50 AM »
Use a scale (you probably call them rulers). It really is close enough when you do that so that minor adjustments are all the is required afterwards. Just zoom in on the clipboard when you do it and make rudder adjustments from the bombsight.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 03:51:29 AM »
Use a scale (you probably call them rulers).

lol, or called em a slide ruler/calculator before those battery  operated typs started poppin up...... hmmmmm, edit:  my analogy doesnt really fit what Challenge was refering to talkn bout ruler...........

TC
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 03:56:06 AM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC