Author Topic: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE  (Read 7716 times)

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
Re: DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
The only change I've seen in the vGuys over the past few months is timing their missions to coincide with Alchemist or Joker missions that are hitting another base on the same front.  In this way they are able to split the defense and capture at least one of the bases.

They've also started to send bombers in first to drag down the CAP, then come in with 25K Ponies and 190s that have been spotted 2 sectors away doing nothing for 20 minutes while the bombers get to position.

As far as I can tell, they've just adapted their 'tactics' to utterly overwhelm an enemy.  They realize that on any one side, there may be 10 guys who are willing to defend against the horde.  Those 10 people are actually pretty skilled and can shut down a raid, but if you can split them they have a better chance of at least getting 1 base.

Not saying it's wrong; it's a great way of adapting your style of play to fit your objectives.  That being said, I have way more fun shooting you guys down than trying to find a decent fight away from your missions as a bish.  Unfortunately the 'map reset' objective based style of play has been spreading like cancer and it's getting harder and harder to not have the same feelings about other countries missions.  I do have to give Rooks some credit, for the most part they shut down a base just to vulch, I rarely see them press a base take...  though I really don't find a lot of fun in that either.   :salute
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2012, 11:00:22 PM »
I think most of the bad rep that you guys get is because of "you know who". There's been a few occasions when I've seen him bomb and bail just to avoid a death or 3. That kind of thing and the rude PMs that have been sent over the years just leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. IMO a squad is made or broken by it's leadership.....

You seem to want to change your squad's image and I respect that. Lord knows it could use some good press for a change. But as long as vDallas continues to be involved I really doubt anything can change. He's just too well known for what he does.

We, myself and some others within the command staff of the brigade, are approaching different playing styles for the squad. For example, tonight we haven't touched the first base, rather i have encouraged the members, about 9-12 right now, to do fighter sweeps and/or to stir things up at other bases. However there is no RTB. We are there for the fun of the fight. Yes, we were called out to help another squad take a base, in which we helped, but that was it. The Brigade is changing, it may be slow, but its still change.

<S>
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2012, 06:49:20 AM »
There a great bunch of guys <S> :rock
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2012, 09:31:12 AM »
The thing is no matter what we do is bad sportsman ship or its looked bad upon. We stole a base with 2 people as 1 wirb tried to defend it and that was look as taking a undefended base. Everything we do it is frowned upon. Im just asking why? Its cause of the reputation that the squad used to have and the leader that we have. Things are changing within the squad whether anyone wants to accept it or not.

<S> Sir.

It comes down to the old saying, "you made your bed now lie in it".

Once you choose a path you must accept that you will be remembered by the path you selected. No one can be great, mediocre, or bad all the time but which one you choose most of the time will define you as individuals and a group. Once your path is chosen and practiced for any amount of time, you can't just throw a switch and change it in other folks eyes. That takes time.

I don't care one way or the other which path you choose. I'm here to have fun and may poke at you or anyone else with a stick..... in the end it's a game.... no harm done.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline HamrDown

• Copper Member
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2012, 11:29:28 AM »
vTARDS have done a great thing for the game, ruined it with the stupid hording with the P51's and P38's. They also have trained the vJOKERS very well and do the same. Nothing wrong with hording I guess, but this is all they know how to do. I could take any one of them out in a one on one fight in ANY plane. Newbs with no brains.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #110 on: April 05, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »
vTARDS have done a great thing for the game, ruined it with the stupid hording with the P51's and P38's. They also have trained the vJOKERS very well and do the same. Nothing wrong with hording I guess, but this is all they know how to do. I could take any one of them out in a one on one fight in ANY plane. Newbs with no brains.

All 38 drivers are dweebs.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #111 on: April 05, 2012, 01:05:44 PM »
My only big complaint is that frequently I'm talked to both on the forum and via PM as though I am the whole squad or vDALLAS instead of myself.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:01 PM »
My only big complaint is that frequently I'm talked to both on the forum and via PM as though I am the whole squad or vDALLAS instead of myself.

quilty by association
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: April 05, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »

You've clearly placed yourself in that position by being such a vocal supporter of the vWay.  In the case of vDallas, it is guilt by association.  He is generally disliked by a very wide cross section of the AH community, for pretty good reason too.  Supporting him, taints you.  If you want the vSquad to get a little more respect, eject him from the squad.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2012, 01:39:48 PM »

And I guarantee there are many more people that could beat you in any plane one on one, but what's the point? People with attitudes such as yourself are the one's that will ruin the game. Lighten up a bit. Stepping away for the even a short amount of time really puts into perspective just how funny little squabbles on here are.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2012, 01:51:38 PM »

Is your two week trial over yet?

Talk of vJOKERS and vTARD P-38 hordes are like talking about the Loch Ness monster & sasquatch.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:57:08 PM by Rob52240 »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2012, 02:16:34 PM »
they arent called the vJOKERS, they are Jokers Strokers. Get it right.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2012, 02:22:50 PM »
they arent called the vJOKERS, they are Jokers Strokers. Get it right.

ARE NOT!

Offline BigB

• Zinc Member
      • VF-17
« Reply #118 on: April 05, 2012, 02:27:52 PM »
Can't say I really "hate" the =V= guys or really anyone for that matter. Heck, at the end of the day we are all just a bunch of big kiddos flying our little cartoon airplanes around. There is enough hate to go around in the real world to let anything in a "game" be a cause for more.

I do have to agree tho that the squad is a reflection of it's leadership. If you as an individual don't agree with the leadership's style, tactics, behavior... then you have a choice. Leave and go where you can be proud to be a part of another or stay and by doing so you accept what that means for you as well. It's your choice and your $15 as they say.

While I don't agree with the =V= style of play, they certinally have a right to play that way. I do think it a bit sad however that they bask in the glory of feling they are "hated" by the community. It's one thing to be hated because you are a great squad, very dominate, very skilled, and much if not overly respected by most. Yet it is another to be hated due to poor sportsmanship, inflamitory PM's, disrepectful behavior, trolling BB posts ( like this one ) and overall questionable tactics. The =V= guys seem to fall in the second catagory and to watch them chest thump, high five and celebrate in the glory of being hated for these reasons is actually kind of sad.  

But again it's your guys reputation and your $15 so roll them bases and rock on !!  :rock
VF-17 Jolly Rogers

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #119 on: April 05, 2012, 02:33:16 PM »
I don't bask in the hatred, I thought it was cute at first but it has gotten a bit old and stale.

A lot of people take it way too far.  A few people treat us like the Check 6 that they were entitled to but didn't get.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 02:58:31 PM by Rob52240 »