Author Topic: Just need to know  (Read 710 times)

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
Just need to know
« on: April 06, 2012, 07:24:14 AM »
 I have been working on building a new rig . This what I know to do first do i load windows 7 are do I load drivers and utilities first :headscratch:
Might as well face it we are all addicted to this hehehe but me really I can ouit any time I want to <Proud Member 2nd Squad >"***Alchemists***"

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: Just need to know
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 07:49:32 AM »
I have been working on building a new rig . This what I know to do first do i load windows 7 are do I load drivers and utilities first :headscratch:

you can't load anything if you don't have an operating system, so yes load windows 7 first. Are you sure you don't want a boxed computer?  :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:03:59 AM »
Load the OS then start on the drivers. Anything after that is just whatever you want.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:18:57 AM »
1. OS
2. Drivers
3. OS patches/service packs until you have them all
4. Aces High
5. Aces High Content Editors
6. Use #5

:D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
do not let windows update your sound card or video card drivers.  also dont plug in any joysticks at the begining.   first install windows then your anti virus install any mobo drivers that came in with your cd.  disable windows update then d/l updated drivers for your mobo/sound card/video card directly from the manu website.  then do a windows update.  do not let it update anything related to your mobo/sound card/video card.  it takes about 1 to 2 hours for all the updates to install.

never let windows update your mobo/sound/video drivers as it may create problems.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 06:59:55 AM »
  :aok thx guys i could have got a box system . But I like doing things like this it teachs me alot things I did not know before and leanring something new at my age keeps me going  :airplane: :joystick: :old: :rock :salute
Might as well face it we are all addicted to this hehehe but me really I can ouit any time I want to <Proud Member 2nd Squad >"***Alchemists***"

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 08:17:47 AM »
I asked that same question at one time.

Being more specific. I always load the OS, then the video drivers. That makes it easier to maneuver around the screen to install the other drivers. Usually after the video drivers I load the sound drivers and the lan drivers. Both one after the other. That way you have access to the internet for any updates you may need to bios or devices.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:21:08 AM by Getback »

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 02:43:27 AM »
  :aok thx guys i could have got a box system . But I like doing things like this it teachs me alot things I did not know before and leanring something new at my age keeps me going  :airplane: :joystick: :old: :rock :salute

You would have found out through trial/error pretty fast that unless you load windows first, you have nothing to load the drivers with :)
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline realgood

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 08:56:50 AM »
 :aok :O This system was for my wifee . cost $351.0 tower- processer phenomx4 quad core - new 32bit and 64bit windows 7 home premium withCOA key.- AMD motherboard -heat sink power supply-hard drive 1TB -newdvd burner writer - corsair 4gb ramddr3-geforce 7025 graphics .now got to order 4 more gbs of ram for :D :airplane: :joystick: :old: :angel: :salute it be superfast then .Its very fast now but just got to see how fast it will be. thx for the help. have agraphic card for it to but for she will use it for she dont need it .
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:08:24 AM by realgood »