Author Topic: Speaking of more combat  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
Re: Speaking of more combat
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »
  :aok We need Motorcycles with Machine guns, or with a soldier carrying a Panzerfaust! That would be cool!  :joystick:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 02:28:38 PM »
+1

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
It's my understanding that if you bomb down the City center BEFORE bombing the factories, that the factories stay down longer (because they are supported by the City).

I've known that from the get-go.  That is why any time I hit an enemy Capital, I always target the Industrial Center.  I keep hitting it because I know once it's down to less than 20% (I thought 10% at one point but it's less than 20), that the outlying strats will stay down for a LONG time.  Most people I see doing a run on a Capital, hit the outlying strats because it gives a better reward.  For me, it's common to log in and see that the outlying strats have been hit, but the Industrial Center is practically untouched.  The reason being is the reward is so little hitting it.  I could carpet bomb a port with B-17's, salvo 12 delay 1, land maybe 1-2k damage and come away 3-5 perks.  Take the same plane, pickle off the bombs myself and land 9-11k damage hitting an Industrial Center...come away with MAYBE 1, 2 perks at the very most.  At one point, I actually ignored the Industrial Center and hit an outlying strat just for giggles...I came away with around 3k damage and 5+ perks.

The point is, hitting the Industrial Center gives so little reward that people generally ignore it in favor of the outlying strats.  I would like to see an increase in the reward hitting the Industrial Center.  Enough to where I could call out, "Strat Raid Forming", and actually get people interested than what it is now.  I could call that out now, with 400+ people on, and I'd get damn lucky if at least 1 person responds that isn't a rookie.  Even the rookies are scared off by the fact that it will take time to get there and back and that they won't get a very good reward.  Might be my own doing as I tell them (depending on where we are taking off from) how long it will take and what to expect for a reward.  But I think it's better to tell them then and there and not half way through the flight, or let them find out IF they make it back.  Personally, I'd be a little annoyed if I wasn't told it could take 2hrs and give crap perks when I could be trying to bomb hangers and towns in half the time for 3x the perks.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2012, 02:46:54 PM »
I've known that from the get-go.  That is why any time I hit an enemy Capital, I always target the Industrial Center.  I keep hitting it because I know once it's down to less than 20% (I thought 10% at one point but it's less than 20), that the outlying strats will stay down for a LONG time.  Most people I see doing a run on a Capital, hit the outlying strats because it gives a better reward.  For me, it's common to log in and see that the outlying strats have been hit, but the Industrial Center is practically untouched.  The reason being is the reward is so little hitting it.  I could carpet bomb a port with B-17's, salvo 12 delay 1, land maybe 1-2k damage and come away 3-5 perks.  Take the same plane, pickle off the bombs myself and land 9-11k damage hitting an Industrial Center...come away with MAYBE 1, 2 perks at the very most.  At one point, I actually ignored the Industrial Center and hit an outlying strat just for giggles...I came away with around 3k damage and 5+ perks.

The point is, hitting the Industrial Center gives so little reward that people generally ignore it in favor of the outlying strats.  I would like to see an increase in the reward hitting the Industrial Center.  Enough to where I could call out, "Strat Raid Forming", and actually get people interested than what it is now.  I could call that out now, with 400+ people on, and I'd get damn lucky if at least 1 person responds that isn't a rookie.  Even the rookies are scared off by the fact that it will take time to get there and back and that they won't get a very good reward.  Might be my own doing as I tell them (depending on where we are taking off from) how long it will take and what to expect for a reward.  But I think it's better to tell them then and there and not half way through the flight, or let them find out IF they make it back.  Personally, I'd be a little annoyed if I wasn't told it could take 2hrs and give crap perks when I could be trying to bomb hangers and towns in half the time for 3x the perks.

Reward?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »
I've known that from the get-go.  That is why any time I hit an enemy Capital, I always target the Industrial Center.  I keep hitting it because I know once it's down to less than 20% (I thought 10% at one point but it's less than 20), that the outlying strats will stay down for a LONG time. 

As long as the City is downed FIRST. Once a strat is hit, the repair time is set. Subsequently bombing down the City does nothing to affect that strat's rebuild rate.

If people knew about, or cared about, what little strategic play there is, they would go bomb the City flat, then hit the strats, then work the bases...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2012, 03:48:05 PM »
Seems to me this comes up once every 3 months is a a hot topic then dies  as we all realize  it aint gonna happen. No sense in creating more threads for Skuzzy to bury in the wishlist section, just necrobump on of the 17 thousand threads just like this.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2012, 05:32:49 PM »
As long as the City is downed FIRST. Once a strat is hit, the repair time is set. Subsequently bombing down the City does nothing to affect that strat's rebuild rate.

If people knew about, or cared about, what little strategic play there is, they would go bomb the City flat, then hit the strats, then work the bases...

Yeah.  I try to tell people that as often as possible in-game.  Usually I'm telling it to people who complain about the outlying strats not staying down for very long.  But if the question comes up, I try to explain it to them. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2012, 10:23:44 AM »
 :aok We need Motorcycles with Machine guns, or with a soldier carrying a Panzerfaust! That would be cool!  :joystick:

MOTORCYCLE RACES, HILLCLIMBS & HANGER JUMPS !

Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm in
Wag more, bark less.

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »
It's my understanding that if you bomb down the City center BEFORE bombing the factories, that the factories stay down longer (because they are supported by the City).

I think we should call in the "Mythbusters" on this issue!

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 11:09:00 AM »
I think we should call in the "Mythbusters" on this issue!

:headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 11:24:31 AM »

MOTORCYCLE RACES, HILLCLIMBS & HANGER JUMPS !

Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooo, I'm in

And I'll change my name to Steve McQueen!  :banana:

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 11:30:08 AM »

And I'll change my name to Steve McQueen!  :banana:

SMQueen in game then?  :D
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2012, 11:32:27 AM »
 :aok :aok :aok Tory Bellichi (the young white guy on Mythbusters) is one of my good friends! We met at some MMA fights in San Fransisco, he is really cool and he even wares one of my Gladiator Challenge shirts on the Alaska episode. 1MADDOG1 and I are going to see him on the way to Dayton.  :rock :rock :rock
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »

SMQueen in game then?  :D

Hmmmm may have to be careful there.  :rofl
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »
  Hmmmm may have to be careful there.  :rofl

Lew will be knocking on his door. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)