Author Topic: Sound bug on GV engines  (Read 569 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Sound bug on GV engines
« on: April 10, 2012, 05:05:24 AM »
if you turn your aircraft engine off when near a ground vehicle with its engine off the enemy gv plays its engine off sound as well.

you can then marco polo and home in on the hidden ground vehicle till you finally see it based on this sound even though the enemy gv is not moving and is making no sound.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
Re: Sound bug on GV engines
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 07:49:12 AM »
I noticed and reported a similar issue a little bit back. Happens in GV's too. It would even happen if I .Efluffied back into the tower and the GV was close to the tower.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:42:54 AM »
I've been hearing storches turning engine on and off as they search for a few days so someone is exploiting this.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
I've been hearing storches turning engine on and off as they search for a few days so someone is exploiting this.

I used to and probably still do turn my engine off when flying around a GV area but not to exploit this.
I saw Henry Fonda's pilot do it in the movie 'Battle Of The Bulge' so I thought I was being historic.   :confused:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 11:22:50 PM »
I used to and probably still do turn my engine off when flying around a GV area but not to exploit this.
I saw Henry Fonda's pilot do it in the movie 'Battle Of The Bulge' so I thought I was being historic.   :confused:

It's a feature not an exploit!  LOL
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 08:25:23 AM »
Anyone know if leaving your GV engine on changes this?

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »
Anyone know if leaving your GV engine on changes this?
Lmfao!!!!!!!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 02:41:43 PM »

i saw the same movie, that's how i find gv's when they have the engine on.  I didnt know about the engine off sound.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.