Author Topic: Your motivational movie quotes before you go to toon battle are?  (Read 5295 times)

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
Re: Your motivational movie quotes before you go to toon battle are?
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2012, 09:43:00 PM »
The last words of General John Sedgewick during the Civil War skirmish at Spotsylvania Court House have always been an inspiration to me...especially while flying over CV ack at 20K.

His last words were: "...They couldn't hit an Elephant at that dist..."

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2012, 07:19:26 AM »
"Im glad im not a loser who needs some external sort of motivation for this stuff"

Gets me worked up every time  :D

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »

We go to liberate, not to conquer.
    We will not fly our flags in their country
    We are entering Iraq to free a people and the only flag which will be flown in that ancient land is their own.
    Show respect for them.

There are some who are alive at this moment who will not be alive shortly.
    Those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send.
    As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.
    Wipe them out if that is what they choose.
    But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

Iraq is steeped in history.
    It is the site of the Garden of Eden, of the Great Flood and the birthplace of Abraham.
    Tread lightly there.

You will see things that no man could pay to see
    -- and you will have to go a long way to find a more decent, generous and upright people than the Iraqis.
    You will be embarrassed by their hospitality even though they have nothing.

Don't treat them as refugees for they are in their own country.
    Their children will be poor, in years to come they will know that the light of liberation in their lives was brought by you.

If there are casualties of war then remember that when they woke up and got dressed in the morning they did not plan to die this day.
    Allow them dignity in death.
    Bury them properly and mark their graves.

It is my foremost intention to bring every single one of you out alive.
    But there may be people among us who will not see the end of this campaign.
    We will put them in their sleeping bags and send them back.
    There will be no time for sorrow.

The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction.
    There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of hell for Saddam.
    He and his forces will be destroyed by this coalition for what they have done.
    As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity.

It is a big step to take another human life.
    It is not to be done lightly.
    I know of men who have taken life needlessly in other conflicts.
    I can assure you they live with the mark of Cain upon them.

If someone surrenders to you then remember they have that right in international law and ensure that one day they go home to their family.
    The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

If you harm the regiment or its history by over-enthusiasm in killing or in cowardice, know it is your family who will suffer.
    You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest -- for your deeds will follow you down through history.
    We will bring shame on neither our uniform or our nation.

(On Saddam's chemical and biological weapons.)

It is not a question of if, it's a question of when.
    We know he has already devolved the decision to lower commanders, and that means he has already taken the decision himself.
    If we survive the first strike we will survive the attack.

As for ourselves, let's bring everyone home and leave Iraq a better place for us having been there.

Our business now is north.
 :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2012, 08:03:46 AM »

You'd have to have gone though it to completely understand. Damn I do love the Marine Corp.  :salute

http://youtu.be/4kU0XCVey_U

http://youtu.be/peRA28m9uzY
Lighten up Francis

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2012, 08:48:27 AM »

You'd have to have gone though it to completely understand. Damn I do love the Marine Corp.  :salute

http://youtu.be/4kU0XCVey_U

http://youtu.be/peRA28m9uzY

Motivational  :lol as in "ten times round my beautiful body, wait for it , go"
The GFC

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »

We go to liberate, not to conquer.
    We will not fly our flags in their country
    We are entering Iraq to free a people and the only flag which will be flown in that ancient land is their own.
    Show respect for them.

There are some who are alive at this moment who will not be alive shortly.
    Those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send.
    As for the others, I expect you to rock their world.
    Wipe them out if that is what they choose.
    But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory.

Iraq is steeped in history.
    It is the site of the Garden of Eden, of the Great Flood and the birthplace of Abraham.
    Tread lightly there.

You will see things that no man could pay to see
    -- and you will have to go a long way to find a more decent, generous and upright people than the Iraqis.
    You will be embarrassed by their hospitality even though they have nothing.

Don't treat them as refugees for they are in their own country.
    Their children will be poor, in years to come they will know that the light of liberation in their lives was brought by you.

If there are casualties of war then remember that when they woke up and got dressed in the morning they did not plan to die this day.
    Allow them dignity in death.
    Bury them properly and mark their graves.

It is my foremost intention to bring every single one of you out alive.
    But there may be people among us who will not see the end of this campaign.
    We will put them in their sleeping bags and send them back.
    There will be no time for sorrow.

The enemy should be in no doubt that we are his nemesis and that we are bringing about his rightful destruction.
    There are many regional commanders who have stains on their souls and they are stoking the fires of hell for Saddam.
    He and his forces will be destroyed by this coalition for what they have done.
    As they die they will know their deeds have brought them to this place. Show them no pity.

It is a big step to take another human life.
    It is not to be done lightly.
    I know of men who have taken life needlessly in other conflicts.
    I can assure you they live with the mark of Cain upon them.

If someone surrenders to you then remember they have that right in international law and ensure that one day they go home to their family.
    The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please.

If you harm the regiment or its history by over-enthusiasm in killing or in cowardice, know it is your family who will suffer.
    You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest -- for your deeds will follow you down through history.
    We will bring shame on neither our uniform or our nation.

(On Saddam's chemical and biological weapons.)

It is not a question of if, it's a question of when.
    We know he has already devolved the decision to lower commanders, and that means he has already taken the decision himself.
    If we survive the first strike we will survive the attack.

As for ourselves, let's bring everyone home and leave Iraq a better place for us having been there.

Our business now is north.
 :salute :salute :salute :salute :salute

I don't think even a bomber pilot toon will get through all of that before battle.  :D

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2012, 11:16:22 AM »
As I'm returning to the site of a giant furball and realize there are only 3 green guys in a sea of red...

Maximus Decimus Meridius....Gladiator

"Death smiles at every man...all a man can do is smile back"

See you in the air....smiling
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2012, 11:21:43 AM »
Motivational  :lol as in "ten times round my beautiful body, wait for it , go"
:headscratch: what?
Lighten up Francis

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2012, 12:14:27 PM »
:headscratch: what?

kind of motivational speech we'd get from British PTI's, also such gems as (when someone had the temerity to say sarge and not sergeant) "there are only three types of sarge - massarge sausarge and passarge, call me that again and I will massarge MY sausarge into your passarge" :O
The GFC

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2012, 05:09:50 PM »
I adapted this from "Ronin", Let's get out there and hurt some feelings! What Ronnin actually said when asked if he ever killed anyone before, "I hurt someone's feelings once."

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Plawranc

• Gold Member
      • Youtube Channel
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2012, 06:54:33 AM »
Before Battle

"No bastaard won a war by dying for his country, he won it by making the other bastaard die for his" - George S Patton

During Battle (Where I am surrounded by 50 cons cause I don't know the meaning of fear, in short I am an idiot)

"We are surrounded, this is excellent, as now we may attack in every direction" - Chesty Puller USMC

After Battle

"How in the hell did I manage that" - Myself

and finally

After taking a base

"Gentlemen, we just siezed an airfield.. that was pretty ****ing ninja" - Sgt Brad Coldbert - 1st Recon Marines - Generation Kill
DaPacman - 71 Squadron RAF

"There are only two things that make life worth living. Fornication and Aviation"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2012, 09:13:05 PM »
Just heard a couple of good ones watching "The Untouchables".

"Take it easy. lt'll all happen in time. This is the job. Don't wait for it to happen, don't even want it to happen. Just watch what does happen."

AND

"Surprise is half the battle? Many things are half the battle, losing is half the battle. Let's think about what is all the battle. Let's take the fight to them, gentlemen!"
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2012, 09:20:34 PM »
5.  Patton (1970) “That’s All”
This remarkable film is a semi-biographical tale of General George S. Patton Jr., a real-life tank commander in World War II. On the eve of the battle in North Africa, General Patton, played by legendary actor George C. Scott, addresses his troops against a backdrop of stars and strips. A young Francis Ford Coppla and Edmund H. North, penned this remarkable, unforgettable story of a true warrior without the satisfaction of victory.  “…that’s why Americans have never lost or will never lose a war, because the very thought of losing is hateful to American…..”  Patton won 7 Oscars, including the Best Actor Award. Ironically enough, Scott actually refused to accept the honor, leaving the producer, Frank McCarthy, to accept the award at the ceremony on Scott’s behalf, where he later returned it to the Academy the following day.

4. Braveheart (1995) “We Free Men”
Mel Gibson’s contribution to the genre can also be considered one of the greatest moments in modern cinema. Braveheart tells of the plight of Scotland’s patriot, Sir William Wallace, who led a rebellious, spirited military campaign against England. Gibson, who took on dual roles as director and lead actor, delivers an awe-inspiring monologue just on the heels of battle. This epic tale, penned by Randall Wallace, won 20 awards, including 5 Oscars.”…..Fight and you may die. Run and you will live, at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that, for one chance to come back here as young men, and tell our enemies that they make take our lives, but they will never take our freedom.”

3. 300 (2006) “Take the Brave 300 to Victory”
Director and co-writer, Zack Snyder (Kurt Johnstad and Michael B. Gordon) helmed this real-life tale of the great battle at Thermopylae in 480 B.C. With video game-like effects and clever cinematography, 300  takes creative license in telling the story of the brave Spartan soldiers who fought off a massive Persian army for seven days. “…We are at war, gentlemen. We must send the entire Spartan army to aid our king in the preservation of not just ourselves, but of our children. Send the army for the preservation of liberty. Send it for justice. Send it for law and order. Send it for reason. But most importantly, send our army for hope - hope that a king and his men have not been wasted to the pages of history - that their courage bonds us together, that we are made stronger by their actions, and that your choices today reflect their bravery….”

2. Matrix: Reloaded (2003) “We are Zion and We Are Not Afraid”
Matrix: Reloaded is the second installment of the three-part franchise by the Wachowski brothers. In this sequel, the crew of the Nebenkenzer has successfully enlightened thousands since the awakening of Neo. Meanwhile, the machines have begun to step-up their efforts in their plan to oppress individuality and the human spirit. On the eve of the great battle to preserve  humanity, Morpheus ( played by Lawrence Fishburne) addresses the free men and women of Zion, calling for courage and not fear.  “….Remember that for one hundred years we have fought these machines! Remember that for one-hundred years they have sent their armies to destroy us and after a century of war. Remember that which matters most! We are still here! Tonight let us send a message to that army! Let us shake this cave! Tonight let us tremble these walls of earth, steel and stone! Let us be heard from red core to black sky! Tonight let us make them remember this is Zion and we are not afraid!”

1. Independence Day (1996) “We Will Not Go Quietly Into the Night”
Often overlooked, Independence Day takes top billing for the most inspiring, heartfelt patriotic battle cry in modern cinema. Written by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich, this formula Sci-fi action flick delivers a pure dramatic moment as the world prepares to do battle with aliens’ intent on annihilating mankind. Actor Bill Pullman’s wholesome delivery evokes a sense of patriotism, honor and state pride. “….Perhaps it’s fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom… Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution… but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: “We will not go quietly into the night!” We will not vanish without a fight! We’re going to live on! We’re going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!”

:D
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,