Author Topic: Manual Select Controler Modes 1-4  (Read 524 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Manual Select Controler Modes 1-4
« on: April 13, 2012, 04:23:59 PM »
Are there published Key_Combos for Vehical Controler Modes 1-4?

In the Keyboard mapper Mode 1-4 has (none) for the mapping. This usualy indicates I need to lookup the actual key assignment in the help section and map them. Hover the mouse over the Mode selection in the Controler Mapper for a popup description. Or come up with a custom key combo not used by the game and assign that in the keybard mapper.

Is it the last of these three?

Are there key combination rules for the Aces High keyboard key mapper application that oultine it's limitations? Or is it following a universal standard that can be referenced from the Internet to see a rules list?

For example:

a.) Only 2 keys of any kind can be mapped as a combination.
b.) Only a modifier first (shft, ctrl, alt) key then any other key is a valid combination.

Be nice if this was already mapped........
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Manual Select Controler Modes 1-4
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:40:13 PM »
Bustr,

If I understand what you're asking you map a key to each mode,then uncheck auto select mode at start of flight in map controls.

At the start of the sortie you'll have to make sure you're in the proper mode.

:salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 05:06:49 PM »
Morfeind,

Thanks, it's what I thought. I was hoping to find out what the key combo rules were for the keyboard mapper or if they followed the Windows convention of a modifier key then a second key only.

Shift_xx
Ctrl_xx
Alt_xx

Or if it was convention insensative, though I may be answering this myself since the game uses DirectX to interface with the OS.

I was hoping it would allow things like Alt_F1_2, but, I think 3 keys creates a null character in windows or something like that.

I will see what happens with the following:

Mode1 = STICK_STICK_1,CTRL,KEY_LEFT_ARROW
Mode2 = STICK_STICK_2,CTRL,KEY_UP_ARROW
Mode3 = STICK_STICK_3,CTRL,KEY_RIGH_TARROW
Mode4 = STICK_STICK_4,CTRL,KEY_DOWN_ARROW

Since the key mapper application in the game wrote this to the (Global.kmp) file for Mode3 I wonder if it won't call the Mode3 function through the keyboard:

STICK_STICK_3,CTRL,KEY_RIGH_TARROW <----I hope (righ_tarrow) is not a bug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: Good News, it dosen't care. It switches to Mode3 and out just fine.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:12:16 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »
You only need one button to cycle through all 4 modes.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
How do you set a single button using the game to cycle 4 different key mappings?

I know I can do this through external control software for my controlers. Or take advatage of my throttel ministick's liniar mapping capability in the game. I've kinda used up my hats for other buttons. This is one of the few cases I'd rather leave it to the keyboard becasue of how infrequent I need a mode past Mode2.

Wonder if I can increase the number of Modes by manualy adding STICK_STICK_XX into (Global.kmp) and have those show up in the drop down and be usable maps?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2012, 10:13:29 PM »
Pick a button. In mode 1 the button selects mode 2. In mode 2 the same button selects mode 3. In mode 3 the same button selects mode 4. In mode 4 the same button selects mode 1. Of course you can make any order you like or maintain auto selection for mode 2 and just toggle 2 or 3 modes manually if you don't want to cycle through all 4 modes.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »
Thanks FLS.  I've been using up 3 keys to change modes.  Reading your post was an epiphany and a DOH! moment wrapped up in one.
Pies not kicks.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 08:11:57 PM »
DouH!!.... :huh

Sr. moments can get exacerbated by ADHD....... :old:

Mode1
Button13 - Mode2

Mode2
Button13 - Mode3

Mode3
Button13 - Mode4

Mode4
Button13 - Mode1

Thank you FLS....... :)

Still wonder if I can increase the number of modes via the KPS file?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing