Author Topic: The Name of the Sim  (Read 649 times)

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
The Name of the Sim
« on: February 23, 2000, 11:40:00 PM »
The Joy of the Sim:

First of all I love to fly. I pride myself on being an avid six-caller. There is nothing more rewarding than calling out a six warning to a teammate and then clearing the guy’s tail. My prime concern is mostly to make sure my mates are safe and are aware of potential dangers lurking about. Personally, I have no reservations about dumping 10k to clear teammates who are low and in trouble, even if it puts me in a perilous situation. I can justify these foolish actions to myself by trusting that the comrade might do the same for me in the near future.

It seems to be rubbing off. Last night I watched as some teammates gave me 110% effort in clearing my six. That comradeship is really starting to make AH a joy.

My enjoyment is derived from knowing that the prime concern of these comrades is not always the easy kill, but rather my safety.

This is all without RW or a Squad just regular Blokes.

On another subject; looking back at my initial WB days (ppit, torq), I remember pissing a lot of people off.
Oh I got the rants: “cheat”, “hacker”, “jerk”, and the classic “amazinhunk”. Then, with the progression of time, the majority of them became good friends, and we would laugh about those early good old days.  

The Bishops I’m talking about well  “atta boy” to you all.

I didn’t post any callsigns because no matter what you always miss someone.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2000, 12:16:00 AM »
LOL Torque!

I claim self-preservation! Keepin you alive means we gotta better chance of stayin alive ourselves. Muahahhhaaaaaaaa!

Besides.. never any shortage of targets in yer neighborhood.   They just keep commin at yah.... Tho lord knows why a guy would stick his wick BACK into a buzz saw after the first experience.  

Truly.. a pleasure flyin with yah, sir.

SALUTE!

Hang

[This message has been edited by Hangtime (edited 02-24-2000).]
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2000, 01:03:00 AM »
Its kinda true old tourqe attracts good guys like ....
like something

------------------
Pongo
The Wrecking Crew

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2000, 07:58:00 AM »
Hehe, PPIT eh?  I used to enjoy the match-ups with you in Warbirds (I was rip1)...you were one of the guys that used to get my shoulder hurting from dogfighting you!

Were you also the Torq that was in CK beta before it became WB's?  That guy used to fly a zero like no one I'd ever seen!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Opfer mussen gebracht werden"
— Otto Lilienthal

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 02-24-2000).]

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2000, 08:33:00 AM »
Well if us Bish's got anything its consideration for our countrymen.  Half of the country communique's are six calls for each other.  

There is nothing quite as rewarding as shouting out a 6 call in time and after the bandit is ded seeing in the text buffer:

"Thanks!"

We may not have the numbers of the rooks or the teamwork of the knights but our comradeship goes well beyond what I've seen in other countries.

-Ding
-Ding  

Offline NATEDOG

• Silver Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2000, 09:23:00 AM »
Torque, I still owe ya one for the time you dropped from 10k to save my ass! And I know calling your 6 insures my safety. It's always a pleasure flyin with ya! <S>

------------------
Nathan "NATEDOG" Mathieu
Art Director
HiTech Creations
-=HELLFIRE SQUAD=-

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2000, 11:03:00 AM »
I think Torque even helped me out once

Weird huh?

Rude Out!

Offline Yak

• Zinc Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2000, 11:27:00 AM »
Aha! I always wondered where you went, PPIT.  Man, ppit was the best damn HO shooter in WBs, bar none.  (That's why people would accuse him of hacking).  I flew against him and with him enough times to know he wasn't hacking, that he was just one hell of a shot.

I'd tell people:  If you let PPIT HO you, you'll lose your engine at the very least, but probably he'll get a PK.  They always HOed him anyway

Yak

Offline Downtown

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2000, 11:40:00 AM »
Lets not forget his lame ass, weak snap shot that always is detaching the rear of my aircraft from the front of my aircraft.

FIGHT LIKE A MAN Torque!!!!!

I Have E you should Run, not pull up the nose and put 20MM in my Path.

If I ever get that roll completed I shall show you how it is done properly.  A nice six chase with well aimed and times bursts.  No more of this Lob a COuple 20mm in his direction and see if I get the K!!!

(I Think I am ranting, Augh, he is just as bad as HT and all the Yo-Yos and Split S's")

Have I ever shot you down Torque? :P

The above is all in jest if you can't guess, about 10 or 12 times now I have had E on Torque on closing, I roll inverted and start to drop to come around on his six.  Just as I hit the top of my arch, Torque puts some 20MM in my area, and I end up bailing.  From my angle they are all shots that look like they should go well behind me.  It is just aggrivating to think, Ah Ha, I got that SOB now, and then the dejection of hitting enter 3 times.

------------------
Lincoln "Downtown" Brown.
 lkbrown1@tir.com  
 http://www.tir.com/~lkbrown1
Wrecking Crews "Drag and Die Guy"
Hals und beinbruch!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2000, 11:44:00 AM »
I'm about 2 for 25 vs Torque.

I *will* get better.    

-Westy

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2000, 11:49:00 AM »
Hmmm...almost 2000 kills, and my calculator won't go that high in numbers for minutes played...do you have a job Torque?  YES, I'm jealous of the hours you log!

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
JG2 "Richthofen"

— Otto Lilienthal

Offline fats

• Copper Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2000, 02:30:00 PM »
Of course you pissed a lot of people off, just running all over the map in CK.91 beta and not fighting. I remember chasing you something like 5 bases, and that map was _huge_.

//fats

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2000, 02:56:00 PM »
Aha!  So it was the same torq as the one in CK back in 1995(94?)...<Ripsnort starts fervishly cleaning MK's with 3rd coating of oil....>

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
JG2 "Richthofen"

— Otto Lilienthal

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2000, 10:44:00 PM »
I’ll never forget the first time I heard “runs away screaming like a little girl”; I spent twenty minutes cleaning good booze off my monitor. Thx Hang

The first thing that comes to mind when I see a 109 is “hope that isn’t that damn Pongo”.

Ripsnort, the only guy from WB that actually made me break at stick in two, you bastige.
BTW; never flew CK cause back then I was a puter dweeb. Downloaded FE but was too stupid to figure out what an FE does. Boy did I laugh later.

Dingy, wassup with Moss?

Heh nice try Nate you owe me 15K.  

Rude, I remember that day well, scaring those fourteen bogies in front of you to keeeeeel. Oh man you scare me.

Yak, where’s your Tag, I’m a Ren and Stimpy fan.

I got lucky a lot Downtown, but  with you it was my only chance of survival.

Westy, it cost me a small fortune in WB. Thirty a month for AH. It’s just a matter of time before you’re smokin’ my six. Think of all that extra beer money.

Fats honest it wasn’t me.

Offline Minotaur

• Copper Member
The Name of the Sim
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2000, 12:56:00 AM »
Torque;

I have flown at your side in the past, but now I do not.  I am fully aware of your exceptional skills.  

So....  

If I see "SYSTEM: Victory ## by Torque of Heaven's Jesters" and I see the kill.  Be advised, one of the five guys on your six might be me.  

I will be the one ignoring your teamates bullets flailing my tail feathers.  My SA will be out the window along with any thoughts of caution.  I will be a target fixated demon (Dweebmon?  ).  I want YOU, buddy boy!

<gulp> (Breath Mino Breath) <whew>

For what reason?  

I'd like to mark the side of my plane with a "Torque Victory", just once.   What a delightful trophy I might find that to be!

<Salute>

I hope to shoot you down.  

Mino