Author Topic: Looking for help with field guns  (Read 493 times)

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Looking for help with field guns
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:09:09 PM »
I've been doing some searching with the search function and looking through the help section and AHWiki to find any information on using/aiming the field guns, 37's & 88's, and I'm finding nothing. There must be some way to hit targets with the 37's because I see people landing numerous kills with them. I've been trying for days and haven't even pinged anyone  :rolleyes:
Since re-upping, I see there are now 88's on the fields.  The seem incredibly slow and cumbersome and I have no clue on how to use them effectively. I'm pretty sure shooting down aircraft is not they're primary role.  :frown:
If anyone can point me at a comprehensive help file for using these guns effectively, I would appreciate it. Thanx!   :salute
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
Re: Looking for help with field guns
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »
Zazen had a nice write up on using 37mm guns at the airfields, I'll do a search shortly if no one bothers me.

The 88mm guns are a fairly new commodity, my best recommendation is to plan ahead (in some cases 5-8 seconds) in regards to range and altitude of the target. Also, try and use an analog axis (like a joystick or throttle axis) for the fuze settings as you can change fuze settings much faster.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Alky

• Nickel Member
Re: Looking for help with field guns
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:10:01 PM »
try and use an analog axis (like a joystick or throttle axis) for the fuze settings as you can change fuze settings much faster.
Thanx for the help.
Where can I find out about fuze settings, I haven't seen anything on that?   :headscratch:
George "AlkyŽ" Fisher

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help