Author Topic: Back In Black  (Read 950 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Back In Black
« on: April 26, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »

Meet my new "Baby". '06 F350 XLT 4x4, 6.0 Powerstroke that's been "chipped" & "bulletproofed". Immaculate interior and a few minor dings outside. B&W "Flip hitch" and check out that beefy bumper!
It does need tires, especially on the front. Other than that I'm ready to hotshot! :aok
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline ALFAMEGA51

• Silver Member
Re: Back In Black
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 10:00:37 PM »
Hell yea man! Thats a nice toy you got their! Looks mean! Congrats!!  :cheers:
ID:ALFAMEGA/Kyle
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Undercover Jug pilot "My brick always flys wing"

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 10:05:41 PM »
That looks mean and business-like.

I sure hope it's not a city commute daily driver like I see all over Texas...  Moms driving trucks like that out shopping as a daily driver from the burbs to the mall and back, shiny hitch that's never been hooked up to anything heavier than a jetski, big plastic testicles hanging down under the hitch as they drive to Macy's for a rough day in the cosmetics department.  Or wanna-be rhinestone cowboys who have never ridden a horse in their life and who wouldn't dream of wearing their shiny boots anywhere they might get actual DIRT on them.  Burbs to their middle-management white collar job and back, but they must be real texas men because just look at that TRUCK!

I want to see the truck in an "action shot" doing some real work, after it gets scratched up a bit.  Then it's ok :)
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
Not to worry eagl, it's a work truck. I'm going to be pulling a gooseneck flatbed hauling oilfield equipment. $1.50 a mile loaded and empty. :cool:
My Bro-inlaw has more hotshot work than he can handle and I'm going to pick up the slack.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:10:28 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:09:51 PM »
Great looking truck RPM

I sure hope it's not a city commute daily driver like I see all over Texas...  Moms driving trucks like that out shopping as a daily driver from the burbs to the mall and back, shiny hitch that's never been hooked up to anything heavier than a jetski, big plastic testicles hanging down under the hitch as they drive to Macy's for a rough day in the cosmetics department.  Or wanna-be rhinestone cowboys who have never ridden a horse in their life and who wouldn't dream of wearing their shiny boots anywhere they might get actual DIRT on them.  Burbs to their middle-management white collar job and back, but they must be real texas men because just look at that TRUCK!

I was driving to the airport the other day and got caught behind this guy

Every single time we hit a stop light or stop sign and he would stop, and then floor it so the big cloud of smoke would come out.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
Great looking truck RPM

I was driving to the airport the other day and got caught behind this guy

(Image removed from quote.)

Every single time we hit a stop light or stop sign and he would stop, and then floor it so the big cloud of smoke would come out.

It's a Dodge.....Billy Goat tough.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 10:48:01 PM »
Why couldn't my Ford be that cool  :(
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 11:01:32 PM »
That's cute. But can it do this 0-60?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8Z4Ks_Gz8&feature=youtu.be
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 11:58:53 PM »

I bet not, that's pretty darn quick.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:51 AM »
Mom's jeep could do 0-60 faster :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUm0uC2cO3Y I'll get a video of me doing it later on for kicks. Same 5.7 liter V8 Hemi as in the video though  :devil
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:16:12 AM by F22RaptorDude »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2012, 12:20:05 AM »
I'm a big time Ford guy...that's all my family drives  :aok

-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:21 AM »
Mom's jeep could do 0-60 faster :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUm0uC2cO3Y I'll get a video of me doing it later on for kicks. Same 5.7 liter V8 Hemi as in the video though  :devil
Not bad. The 5.7 is a good engine. Difference is add 12,000 lbs and try it. :devil
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 12:53:16 AM »
Not bad. The 5.7 is a good engine. Difference is add 12,000 lbs and try it. :devil

:rofl Yeah I don't think I could do much with much more added weight. Plus I don't believe her car is armored either  :lol Whats the mileage on that beast?!

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
Not sure. I filled it up tonight for the 1st time, but they are rumored to get around 14 - 18, YMMV. My old 7.3 got 8 - 12 and it never did a burnout in it's life. :frown:
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2012, 01:40:17 AM »
I wish my 5.4 would get 14-18.  I've been averaging about 11mpg. :cry
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||