Author Topic: Back In Black  (Read 949 times)

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Back In Black
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 06:35:49 AM »
Not sure. I filled it up tonight for the 1st time, but they are rumored to get around 14 - 18, YMMV. My old 7.3 got 8 - 12 and it never did a burnout in it's life. :frown:
What a pain in the wallet! I think my truck gets around 20, I haven't had to fill up in months and I usually drive it about 4 times a week to get around
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 07:39:56 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Meet my new "Baby". '06 F350 XLT 4x4, 6.0 Powerstroke that's been "chipped" & "bulletproofed". Immaculate interior and a few minor dings outside. B&W "Flip hitch" and check out that beefy bumper!
It does need tires, especially on the front. Other than that I'm ready to hotshot! :aok

Define "bulletproof"

I'll bet I could break it  :devil

How come such small tires?    Where's the beef?  :neener:
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 08:01:24 AM »
Mom's jeep could do 0-60 faster :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUm0uC2cO3Y I'll get a video of me doing it later on for kicks. Same 5.7 liter V8 Hemi as in the video though  :devil

Jeep Shmeep.  :neener:

4.6L DOHC V8 pwns 5.7 HEMI  :ahand
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »

Define "owns"   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 08:54:55 AM »
Define "owns"   :D

"owns" as in "that shot of the rear end of that X5 is what Jeep owners will see when the light turns green."  :D
Floyd

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 12:54:35 PM »
Define "bulletproof"

I'll bet I could break it  :devil

How come such small tires?    Where's the beef?  :neener:
"Bulletproof" is a term used by Powerstroke owners referring to upgraded oil cooler, EGR and a few other parts.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 02:56:22 PM »

I'll take you on, no shame in loosing a drag race, frankly i'd be happy if I do at least one safe race in my life
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:05:21 PM by F22RaptorDude »
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
pretty sharp lookin ride :aok :aok but I'd rather be cummin than strokin :lol if ya get it

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 04:23:18 AM »

Ohh, very shiney.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 05:11:16 AM »
YouTube didn't copy the audio for some reason so here it is on Vimeo. Muuuuch better! :rock
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 07:05:06 AM »
"owns" as in "that shot of the rear end of that X5 is what Jeep owners will see when the light turns green."  :D

Now I've seen it all...  An SUV owner bragging about drag racing jeeps.   :x

If you want to go fast why not just buy a fast car?  Every car I've ever owned would leave that X5 in the dust, including the 1980 baby blue ford fairmont station wagon I learned how to drive in and sold for $500 after 230,000 miles.  And my brother's ancient bronco would leave that X5 "in the dust" on any trail worth driving.  So would his friend's super reliable early-year toyota truck, simply because it weighed almost nothing and has locking diffs.

Bragging on an X5 outrunning a big truck...  That's funny and kind of weird/sad.  Why buy such a huge car if you care about beating people at stoplights?  If driving faster than a jeep is important, you could have saved yourself a lot of money by buying a chevy sedan or maybe even a subaru of some sort, if you really wanted AWD.

Not that the X5 isn't a nice, if huge, car, but opening your part of the discussion by bragging how it is faster on pavement than a jeep is pretty dang funny.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 07:12:23 AM »
Meet my new "Baby". '06 F350 XLT 4x4, 6.0 Powerstroke that's been "chipped" & "bulletproofed". Immaculate interior and a few minor dings outside. B&W "Flip hitch" and check out that beefy bumper!
It does need tires, especially on the front. Other than that I'm ready to hotshot! :aok

THAT"S SICK Can I have IT
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »

How much you owe on that super fast X5?  Or is it a lease?
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2012, 07:31:46 AM »
Let's hook a 14,000lb trailer to each of us and see who wins. :devil
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2012, 10:00:44 AM »
Now I've seen it all...  An SUV owner bragging about drag racing jeeps.   :x

Lighten up, Francis, I was joking!  :rofl :rofl If I was really interested in drag racing, I would kept my '99 Vette I sold last year, it made over 550 at the rear wheels.

If you want to go fast why not just buy a fast car?  Every car I've ever owned would leave that X5 in the dust, including the 1980 baby blue ford fairmont station wagon I learned how to drive in and sold for $500 after 230,000 miles.  And my brother's ancient bronco would leave that X5 "in the dust" on any trail worth driving.  So would his friend's super reliable early-year toyota truck, simply because it weighed almost nothing and has locking diffs.

You'd be a little surprised by the 4.6is.... it's not a regular X5, the 'is' designation is basically the "M" package for X5's..... 350 hp AWD.... 1/4 mile times are roughly equal to what my old 1990 Corvette was capable of from the factory. Not blinding fast by today's sports car standards, but no slouch either for a family hauler and boat puller.

Bragging on an X5 outrunning a big truck...  That's funny and kind of weird/sad.  

Never said anything about a truck.  :bhead :rolleyes:

Pay attention. I was joking, taking a poke at someone else who made a comment about a supposedly fast Jeep.  :rofl

Besides.... drag racing? pfffffft. That's for people who don't know how to drive but can throw a lot of $$$$ at their car to make it faster instead of themselves.  :old:

And no, it's not a lease. Both it and my 325i sedan are paid for.  :neener:
Floyd