Author Topic: Where Did Everybody Go?  (Read 2135 times)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Re: Where Did Everybody Go?
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2012, 11:41:07 AM »
I come back once or twice a year, or at least try to, but get bored quickly. There really hasn't been a plane that I would like and use added to latewar since the spit16 and p47m. They keep adding these bombers, which I don't like to fly, or planes that are more for SEA or the other arenas which don't get used very often or have a very low population. I will probably continue to keep coming back from time to time, but tbh unless more late-war FIGHTERS are added the I can't see myself getting back into the game for more than a couple weeks at a time. Sucks, because I love the game and community, which is why I generally keep my sub active even when I'm not playing, but the last couple years I've found myself letting it lapse more and more. AH2 is a game I would like to see stay around forever, it's one of the last online games that isn't totally infested by the trolly 4chan/somethingawful mindset, but hangar queens are only fun for a very limited amount of time.

If you can not find (planes) you enjoy flying on AH then maybe a WWII fighter sim is not for you.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2012, 12:59:04 PM »
If you can not find (planes) you enjoy flying on AH then maybe a WWII fighter sim is not for you.
No kidding. This sim has more flyable aircraft with the ability to shoot other planes down than anything else I can think of.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »
If that is fact, which I'm in no position to argue with our class chart master, then possibly the ones that moved over like the setup there. I tried the game quite some time ago and found it to be too arcade like. It seems it would appeal to folks that enjoy PS and Xboxes.

Interesting to note the big GV change a year or two ago, where the AH tank combat model was shifted "almost" entirely to a more WoT style format.  HTC is not averse to being intelligently influenced by the success of others game designs.  
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:27:13 PM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2012, 07:48:29 PM »
AH Rocks  :rock If you don't like it go to WoT or wherever we don't care. Free? What's free now days that's worth a crap. I'm glad my $ helps HT do cool thinks. Makes me feel like I helped in a tiny way.  :salute :old: Free?  :noid
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2012, 12:26:38 AM »
AH Rocks  :rock If you don't like it go to WoT or wherever we don't care. Free? What's free now days that's worth a crap. I'm glad my $ helps HT do cool thinks. Makes me feel like I helped in a tiny way.  :salute :old: Free?  :noid
Who is this "we" you talk about.....that a pinky mouse in your pocket? You will need to play for half a dozen+ more years before you catch up to $$$ I have put into the game.  I like to think I financed a small part of HTs RV.  WoT is only free for the parasites. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns