Author Topic: K/D Champ  (Read 3364 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Re: K/D Champ
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2012, 06:21:15 PM »
Unless you're at 20k and been level for 25 miles, The M doesn't really outrun anything. 109, 190, 51 will all catch it unless you have WEP and a full head of steam. Takes the M an entire sector to get to the 470mph advertised speed. In the vertical is where you catch unaware pilots because it will hang there longer than the standard jug. And it will pull away from a Hellcat but not with the drop tanks on it.
I tried the M for most of my limited online time in April (last few years, just fly the N, for better or worse)...when I wasn't getting disco'd or having any of several other problems I've been having of late, I found that I hated the M more than I hate the IRS, EPA and Kardashians all put together--It's mildly faster than the N, but nothing to write home about, rudder effect is negligible, so I couldn't skid the plane sideways and blast people as I could in the N....it doesn't accelerate nearly as fast in a dive as does the N....it's elevator effect when pulling OUT of said dive is less so than the N....doesn't hang on well at low speed as does the N, doesn't seem to roll as well at high speed as the N, can't do a split S as neatly as the N. Oh yeah...seemed like it's guns were shooting at something below the cowling...odd. (I'm thinking the basic plane is a D-40 with a super-hot motor?) Aside from that, nice little plane
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2012, 08:04:10 PM »
No damage to plane, 50% fuel on takeoff.  Currently using a new Logitech G940 with scaling enabled and default deadband/dampening setting.  Can't pull the wings off a Jug or F4U no matter how hard I try.  :joystick:

I'm running the CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals. Custom scaling and dampening. Same set-up for about 5 years. The stick is as clean as Billy Graham's driver's license.
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
I'm running the CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals. Custom scaling and dampening. Same set-up for about 5 years. The stick is as clean as Billy Graham's driver's license.
LOL :aok
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2012, 09:32:31 PM »

:rofl
Oaktree

56th Fighter group